coundonskyblue

Mar 24, 2011
1. If you can't pay the rent, how are you paying players?

They've never actually said they can't pay it, more just that they feel its a bit high, bless them.

2. With the new SCMP rules in place, how is that effecting your transfer policy and how have you afforded to open negotiations with Forest for McGoldrick on a permanent basis?

Negotiations are just a Sisu smoke screen to distract from the fact we haven't paid the rent.

3. Why didn't the Club negotiate a new sustainable figure as soon as they were relegated? That should be in the clauses of the original contract. The Lawyers would have seen to that. It's called back up if things go pear shaped.

In fairness the negotiations were openend up last April, the fact there is no clause in there is down to the incompotence of the previous owners, led by our wonderful local MP.

4. When did The Ricoh become better than a Championship Stadium? It's about Average for the Championship and about sustainable to generate income for the Premiership.

5. ACL gets the profits from the Refreshment Bars. SISU gets the tickets money's and Sponsorships, how are you operating on a 65% turnover as per the SCMP rules with the attendances being way down this season?

The refeshment bars wouldn't make much difference, also the players had to give up a lot of their bonuses.

6. What happens if ACL say "Not bothered anymore, we'll sell the Stadium to a Property developer and get our money back that way!"? Where will that put CCFC and SISU?

Unlikely as the Ricoh on its own does make money (just), also its part of the regeneration of that side of the City. Also (as long as they pay the rent) CCFC have a contractual agreement with ACL, they couldn't just throw the club out for no reason.

Also just to point out it was March they stopped paying the rent, not last December.

Guzzrate

Dec 6, 2012
1. If you can't pay the rent, how are you paying players?

They've never actually said they can't pay it, more just that they feel its a bit high, bless them.

2. With the new SCMP rules in place, how is that effecting your transfer policy and how have you afforded to open negotiations with Forest for McGoldrick on a permanent basis?

Negotiations are just a Sisu smoke screen to distract from the fact we haven't paid the rent.

3. Why didn't the Club negotiate a new sustainable figure as soon as they were relegated? That should be in the clauses of the original contract. The Lawyers would have seen to that. It's called back up if things go pear shaped.

In fairness the negotiations were openend up last April, the fact there is no clause in there is down to the incompotence of the previous owners, led by our wonderful local MP.

4. When did The Ricoh become better than a Championship Stadium? It's about Average for the Championship and about sustainable to generate income for the Premiership.

5. ACL gets the profits from the Refreshment Bars. SISU gets the tickets money's and Sponsorships, how are you operating on a 65% turnover as per the SCMP rules with the attendances being way down this season?

The refeshment bars wouldn't make much difference, also the players had to give up a lot of their bonuses.

6. What happens if ACL say "Not bothered anymore, we'll sell the Stadium to a Property developer and get our money back that way!"? Where will that put CCFC and SISU?

Unlikely as the Ricoh on its own does make money (just), also its part of the regeneration of that side of the City. Also (as long as they pay the rent) CCFC have a contractual agreement with ACL, they couldn't just throw the club out for no reason.

Also just to point out it was March they stopped paying the rent, not last December.

Thanks for that CSB. Some of that clears things up. Odd, they say they haven't been paid for a year, so why issue the notice at the worst possible time, or is this for effect like SISU are trying to do? I'm sure that the Council have to give at least 30 days notice for eviction anyway and then it has to be passed by court (Having said that, CCFC have defaulted on the terms of the court order last August). I'm not sure what will happen now, because of that small detail..... Hmmm interesting.

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Odd, they say they haven't been paid for a year, so why issue the notice at the worst possible time, or is this for effect like SISU are trying to do?

I did wonder that myself. For the first time in a very long time there was a bit of a buzz about the club. The upcoming Spurs match, possible trip to Wembley, much improved results under MR and then literally the day after an epic win in the JPT with everyone being positive for a change we get this.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
IT really should have come to this sooner ,not really smart to let it get to this level ,eventually you have to bear you're teeth if someones stealing the lead from your roof.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
IT really should have come to this sooner ,not really smart to let it get to this level ,eventually you have to bear you're teeth if someones stealing the lead from your roof.

Yeah, Sisu's biggest fault here is not dealing with this sooner.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
OSB has just explained to you

and if you are going to make stupid comments:whistle:

OSB, has presented facts and made an opinion based on those, his own spin on it, I used them facts, and made my own opinion, in fact I was asking a question, for SISU, getting to the prem is a jackpot for them, therefore, it MAY be in their aims, I wouldn't know, I'm not them, and if anyone, whether it's you, or OSB, claim to know what their plan is, is lying, we can only second guess their plans based on rational opinions backed up by facts. Btw, you are irrational, with anti-SISU blinkers whereas OSB, is rational and uses facts to back up his opinions.

Also, you call me stupid, but you haven't presented 1 fact in any argument/debate we've had, you leech of OSB and make out you kow it all, pathetic. :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Yes SBT it was for you

Not in the nature of hedge funds to play the long game and getting hold of the site is probably more achievable short term. They are only here now because the first plan involving Dann, Fox fell through. The idea was we would be in the Premiership by now and SISU would have sold up.

If it wasnt their end game they wouldnt be quite so beligerent over the rent either. ACL have made offers to seriously reduce the rent and worked deals on a whole range of income in favour of the club......... but SISU have flatly refused everything on the rent. Also I dont think if they were staying they would be so aggressive in the press.

Whole game is to break ACL and take the site cheaply

'The game' may have been initially short term, but events may have dictated their direction but I believe the goal for the is: reach the prem, sell at massive profit. Rational opinion?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Apr 16, 2010
Coventry
OSB, has presented facts and made an opinion based on those, his own spin on it, I used them facts, and made my own opinion, in fact I was asking a question, for SISU, getting to the prem is a jackpot for them, therefore, it MAY be in their aims, I wouldn't know, I'm not them, and if anyone, whether it's you, or OSB, claim to know what their plan is, is lying, we can only second guess their plans based on rational opinions backed up by facts. Btw, you are irrational, with anti-SISU blinkers whereas OSB, is rational and uses facts to back up his opinions.

:

SBT - fully agree you are entitled to your opinion or your own spin on things. I really have no problem with that. Please do not call the expression of my own opinion as lying - I have never said it was anything other than my opinion, it certainly is not a lie. However the facts are the facts and i have no problem backing those or my opinions up :wave:.

Is your opinion rational yes ...... but i still think it will prove to be wide of the mark ..... and sooner rather than later. IMO :)

ashbyjan

Mar 21, 2011
Basic Maths:
CCFC want to pay £200k
ACL Offer is £400k plus their half of the match day profits £5k a game = £100k
£400k -£100k =£300k
Therefore gap is £100K
Kevin Kilbane has announced retirement - assuming he was being paid "only" £2k a week = £100k saving to CCFC
Therefore Overall Gap = £0
Therefore get deal done

If Fisher doesn't accept offer can we start assuming there may be another agenda than just getting the rent down?
Does the theory doing the rounds that SISU are trying to drive ACL into admin so they can get the Ricoh for peanuts now seem so far fetched?
Balls in your court to sort this out Mr Fisher - really no excuse to accept offer unless ...........

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
A third party I am led to believe is waiting in the wings, when they make their move Mr Fisher and Mr Waggott will be unemployed

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
I agree, the offer seems fair enough. Even if the Club wants it lower, they should grab this lower deal with both hands. Negotiate in the future if they must, but get this sorted now.

Basic Maths:
CCFC want to pay £200k
ACL Offer is £400k plus their half of the match day profits £5k a game = £100k
£400k -£100k =£300k
Therefore gap is £100K
Kevin Kilbane has announced retirement - assuming he was being paid "only" £2k a week = £100k saving to CCFC
Therefore Overall Gap = £0
Therefore get deal done

If Fisher doesn't accept offer can we start assuming there may be another agenda than just getting the rent down?
Does the theory doing the rounds that SISU are trying to drive ACL into admin so they can get the Ricoh for peanuts now seem so far fetched?
Balls in your court to sort this out Mr Fisher - really no excuse to accept offer unless ...........

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I don't think the folk saying that can actually be serious.

I think they are and I think some will be disappointed when a deal is struck.

They believe as long as sisu have gone any price is worth paying and have a pathetic belief we can start again as AFC Coventry. Or perhaps ACL Coventry would suit them better.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
I think they are and I think some will be disappointed when a deal is struck.

They believe as long as sisu have gone any price is worth paying and have a pathetic belief we can start again as AFC Coventry. Or perhaps ACL Coventry would suit them better.

Is it naive of me to think that nobody seriously wants such an outcome?

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
SBT - fully agree you are entitled to your opinion or your own spin on things. I really have no problem with that. Please do not call the expression of my own opinion as lying - I have never said it was anything other than my opinion, it certainly is not a lie. However the facts are the facts and i have no problem backing those or my opinions up :wave:.

Is your opinion rational yes ...... but i still think it will prove to be wide of the mark ..... and sooner rather than later. IMO :)

I weren't saying you was lying, I said if you claim to know SISU's plan, you are, as would I, as would anybody. Apologises if poorly put.

We shall see, as long as CCFC prospers, I do not care.

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
Was talking yesterday to someone who assured me ACL will not go bankrupt or allowed to go bankrupt, in other words will be propped up by ?? Thats all I know and I don't know who ?? might be, not very exciting but feasable.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Was talking yesterday to someone who assured me ACL will not go bankrupt or allowed to go bankrupt, in other words will be propped up by ?? Thats all I know and I don't know who ?? might be, not very exciting but feasable.

Propped up by the Coventry ratepayers.

Users who are viewing this thread