Fisher on CWR (2 Viewers)

Sky Blues

A few lines I got down as best I could from Tim Fisher speaking on CWR:

"I've never bowed to threats and will not bow to threats. This has to be resolved and I'm sure it can get resolved."

"It's about a community asset. For ACL to produce an analogy of being a like a house and a tenant is just odd."

"We've said we will not be bullied into a situation where we have no options. You've got to put other options on the table."

"My personal opinion... we should never have left Highfield Road. We need our spiritual home."

"We don't have a home. We don't have a ground. We have an extortionate rent."

"This has been a problem for years and years. It can't go on, this club is being bled to death. This club is spending a fortune."

"We've been very open [with ACL]. We've put in numerous requests for a meeting, but they've been turned down."

"If you describe doing the right thing as playing fast and loose, yes I'm playing fast and loose. This is about making sure the football club pays the right amount of rent."

"The difference between what we are being asked to pay and what we are expected to pay goes to one place, it goes on the pitch."

"We pay £10,000 a match"

"We will do our bit. We've always done out bit. This is a football club. We are football club front and centre in the community."

"The football club comes first. We are not playing fast and loose with the football club. "We are doing the right thing is to negotiate a rent which is competitive in League 1 and get back into the Championship."

Make of that what you will...

He was pressed repeatedly along the lines of "isn't the right thing to do to pay what you owe and then negotiate the rent?"

skybluesteve76

I whole heartedly think the club are doing the right thing. By standing up to ACL now, I can only see a better future for CCFC.
We are being bled dry by ACL. It's gotta stop now.

valiant15

Funny how they didn't complain about the rent when we were in tge championship. Pay what you owe or fuck off.

Flying Fokker

I whole heartedly think the club are doing the right thing. By standing up to ACL now, I can only see a better future for CCFC.

Really? What about SISU?

torchomatic

He's right we should never have left Highfield Road. Moving to the Ricoh was the biggest mistake this club ever made.

Seven years ago, the rent was probably OK while the economy was doing well and fans were turning up. Now in the lower reaches of L1 it is much too much for a club of our size to pay. ACL and the Club need to find an affordable compromise or else ACL will have a bloody big garden lawn to mow.

blueflint

we agreed the rent we owe the rent how can we be doing the right thing by not paying our bills dont be a moron think about it

torchomatic

And what happens if they do "fuck off", the club goes under. You'll be happy then, will you?

Funny how they didn't complain about the rent when we were in tge championship. Pay what you owe or fuck off.

blueflint

And what happens if they do "fuck off", the club goes under. You'll be happy then, will you?

we would be put into admin first then a buyer could be found not hoff he's long gone from the equation others would be there tho

torchomatic

Ah yes, "a buyer". Those who are queuing up. All putting their hands up jumping up and down saying "ooh please let me pay £1.2M a year rent, puuullleaasee"

covcity4life

this has truth to it
the rent is too much

people are letting their sisu hatred cloud their judgement

this "they knew the rent when they bought it" stuff dont wash with me, they are trying to make ccfc sustainable and that means a negotiated rent is required

however not paying full stop was a silly move imo, they should have just paid 200k at least to show acl they are willing to pay a respectable sum.

sisu are dumbasses dont get me wrong,but people acting like ACL are doing 100% to help ccfc is jsut weird.

blueflint

Ah yes, "a buyer". Those who are queuing up. All putting their hands up jumping up and down saying "ooh please let me pay £1.2M a year rent, puuullleaasee"

to renegotiate the rent is not wrong to not pay is. where is your sense of what is right or wrong if you dont pay your rent for a year or your mortgage what happens( eviction). acl are in the right on this sisu fucked up. the rent should have been renegotiated when they took over not the bullying tactics they are trying now.as for a buyer they are out there m8

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

I don't like sisu but I have to agree with Fisher on this one.

Acl need to back down outherwise they will ruin the Ricoh and CCFC.

Richardson and Co decision to build a stadium we couldn't afford and then we ended up renting the damn thing. Biggest mistake in the history of Coventry.

Fisher is right. The Ricoh doesn't feel like a home the way Highfield rd was.

We have been in ruins since moving from HR.

skybluesteve76

to renegotiate the rent is not wrong to not pay is where is your sense of what is right or wrong if you dont pay your rent for a year or your mortgage what happens( eviction) acl are in the right on this sisu fucked up the rent should have been renegotiated when they took over not the bullying tactics they are trying now

According to CCFC, ACL refused to meet with them re the rent!
All I know is ACL aren't trying to help the club in anyway.
You've also gotta realise that both sides are playing hard ball at the minute. There's alot of scaremongering going on

Bennets Afro

If you read the other thread where the guy from the Higgs has posted. He claims sisu haven't been in contact since June. Believe who you will, but ccfc should pay the rent. High or not until a new price is agreed

cloughie

According to CCFC, ACL refused to meet with them re the rent!
All I know is ACL aren't trying to help the club in anyway.
You've also gotta realise that both sides are playing hard ball at the minute. There's alot of scaremongering going on

Arer you for real? acl aren't trying to help in any way?

How about the offer of 50% of the rent that was turned down how about the % CCFC now get on car park and food etc all this was done to try and help CCFC. ACL didn't need to do it.

There will always be some dim wits who will believe anything the likes of fisher spout

Brighton Sky Blue

He's right we should never have left Highfield Road. Moving to the Ricoh was the biggest mistake this club ever made.

Seven years ago, the rent was probably OK while the economy was doing well and fans were turning up. Now in the lower reaches of L1 it is much too much for a club of our size to pay. ACL and the Club need to find an affordable compromise or else ACL will have a bloody big garden lawn to mow.

And relegation is whose fault Torch?

cloughie

I don't like sisu but I have to agree with Fisher on this one.

Acl need to back down outherwise they will ruin the Ricoh and CCFC.

Richardson and Co decision to build a stadium we couldn't afford and then we ended up renting the damn thing. Biggest mistake in the history of Coventry.

Fisher is right. The Ricoh doesn't feel like a home the way Highfield rd was.

We have been in ruins since moving from HR.

Since when has fisher been a fan? You are kidding yourself if you think he thinks of Highfield road as spiritual he couldn't give a flying f**k about where we play as long as its cheap

nuckythompson

Yes who do I believe an employee of SISU with their track record of honesty, openness, keeping their word or the head of a charity that is bound by the strict rules of the charity commission - tough question.......

AFCCOVENTRY

Since when has fisher been a fan? You are kidding yourself if you think he thinks of Highfield road as spiritual he couldn't give a flying f**k about where we play as long as its cheap

Wrong... He may not have experienced HR but us fans know damn well HR felt like OUR ground.

Don't tell me the majority of fans feel an attachment to the Ricoh.

What he said is right. We don't have a spiritual home.

cloughie

Am i right in thinking that without thw council&higgs we wouldnt even have a ground?

Exactly right

what made me laugh this morning fisher said we are open and transparent etc

We don't even know who sisu are

AFCCOVENTRY

Every pain we feel now all harks back to the Richadson/McGinity era. We built a stadium we couldn't afford and gave the bloody thing to the council.

cloughie

Wrong... He may not have experienced HR but us fans know damn well HR felt like OUR ground.

Don't tell me the majority of fans feel an attachment to the Ricoh.

What he said is right. We don't have a spiritual home.

You misunderstand what I mean Yes spiritual home to the fans

What would fisher know about it. He tried talking as though he was a fan he said personally speaking i think we should never have left HR etc as though he was one of us

He'll be long gone and will pop up some where else spouting the same rubbish.

Expect fisher to be kissing the badge next

Otis

I got what you meant Cloughie.

Fisher trying to talk like he is one of our own, when in reality he probably doesn't give a flying fook about any of us.

Brighton Sky Blue

I got what you meant Cloughie.

Fisher trying to talk like he is one of our own, when in reality he probably doesn't give a flying fook about any of us.

Of course he doesn't, but even he knows that 'I can't stand the sight of our fans' might not be good for PR.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There have been meetings .... the latest of which was Monday.

Yes ACL putting everything down in a letter ........... hell i would too, i would want a factual tangible record of the discussions and what has been offered.

TF seems to imply CCFC are somehow a front line service in Coventry ........... the stakeholders of ACL being the Council and a charity that meets the needs of disadvantaged kids

Wont be bullied but not averse to bullying though

harps back to Highfield Rd ........... its history HR is houses now we need to look forward.

That said in 2007 to 2008 SISU had the opportunity to break the lease, renegotiate the basis or walk away. The messed up big time, didnt do their due diligence properly. In business you pay for your own mistakes, unfortunately sometimes you drag others down with you.

What they pay per match isnt rent........... it is the contriburion to providing services etc at the match, things like staff and food to corporate supporters, the board room, car parking, health and safety cover, match day insurance etc.

I thought the guy doing the interview did pretty well ......... TF didnt like being pressed on things and dodge some straight answers.

Just to be clear there are mistakes on both sides ....... you would expect that its life its business ......... are ACL pushing their own agenda of course they are and they have every right to. BUT what other business would give a creditor 10 months to pay a debt - not many, i would have thought TF is more surprised than disappointed that they have taken action ...... surprised it took so long!

kingharvest

Do we know whether the club approached ACL prior to not paying the rent to try and discuss a reduction in rent?
Do we know whether ACL entertained the idea of lower rent before the club stopped paying?
Did the club stop paying as a way to force ACLs hand in entering negotiations?

Why is no-one questioning who agreed to this ridiculous deal in the first place?

I think the club are quite right to try and negotiate a new deal. If ACL refused to enter negotiations then i understand why the club decided to go the extreme measures of refusing to pay. Its a ruthless method, and morally questionable, but was it necessary? Perhaps the club had no other option.

I think the majority of fans would agree with Fishers sentiments about Highfield Road, personally i hate the Ricoh and everytime i drive past King Richard Street, look left and see houses instead of HR it completely deflates me. But we are where we are, and we have to do something to stimulate a positive future for this club. Being financially crippled by ACL and the council, again, is not helping.

Users who are viewing this thread