fisher on CWR now (3 Viewers)

DazzleTommyDazzle

not particularly but i think club would be better off without 20pt deductions!

and it has widened the gap between the two parties thats for sure, wether or not it makes THE difference i do not know.

I'd agree with that, but I'm now at the point where I'd very happily write off this season in exchange for a return to Coventry.

RogerH

Fisher actually said 3 sites being negotiated and talks with 3 councils, but CCC wasn't one of them. So as I said, CCFC are never going to play in Coventry again!

Talking with 3 councils suggests no deal for land has yet been made, and certainly no planning application submitted.

Planning applications are public record so it will be in the public domain when an application is made.

Sounds to me like a typical Fisher nearly this, almost that type statement

Ashdown1

It's all old ground and the normal rhetoric. His remit for the last 2 1/2 years has been to get hold of that chunk of CV6 at all costs, forget the football club, the fans and that little known City in Warwicks County. Problem is Timmy the bulk of the fans, the local authorities and now a high court judge have seen through your immoral ambitions !

Grendel

HMRC were so 'not involved', that if they had accepted the CVA, it would have been passed....yes not influential at all

No it wouldn't as usual you are wrong.

Flying Fokker

I have a cunning plan....leave the West Midlands and return to Warwickshire. Or The County of City of Coventry like it used to be. Timmy would have the County Council to deal with.

RoboCCFC90

So in essence because ACL rejeceted the proposed CVA, SISU won't negotiate with ACL to return to the Ricoh??

Fisher your an idiot and could have put it in more of an adult manner instead of "When they give us our 10 points back"

A lot of people are cursing and swearing about what being said by Tim Fisher, but I know this will be a hated comment, but the majority wanted this scenario because you all wanted the proposed CVA to be rejecetd by ACL, you can't have things both ways, it was said that if ACL accepted the CVA then they maybe talks could continue, I am not defending SISU or Fisher, but people are cursing and swearing like this is new news and it's not.

Sisued

A nice quote from Fisher
"The only issue we have is we wont come under the jurisdiction of Coventry City Council"

So not in fucking Cov then you fat retarded moronic c**t

Last edited:

AJB1983

This is what sisu wanted though, to put acl in a position where they could not accept the terms of the Cva, only other option given was to liquidate, and then have acl look bad so they can point the finger.
Thus is exactly what fisher has done since.

Sky Blue Kid

hill83....................................Good work on suggesting I'm a peado you strange creature. And what is it in retaliation to? Where I said you are a mong or liked to go to gay bars? Nothing wrong with either of those things. Where as being a peado is a serious crime and quite an accusation..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................And you weren't trying to "Defame" my character?

chickentikkamasala

Right, the key bit:

O'Connor: I've had a text here this morning from Steve, who says 'why don't you do a short term deal with ACL for 3 years until you've built your new stadium?' And that way the fans get what they want, and you kind of get what you want, don't you?

Fisher: Yeah well if they can give us our ten points back, then we might sit down and have a chat.

Did Fisher say after the CVA was rejected that he would talk to ACL in a CWR interview? it rings a bell but was not sure it was after the cva rejection.

O'Connor: Y-y-you're not going to entertain that at all?

Fisher: Huh, not at all Shane. We set out with a very clear vision for 3 years, and we've committed to 3 years financially, up to 5 with slippage on the new stadium, and we'll, you know, stick to that.

I thought Fisher said he "would" talk to ACL in a interview on CWR after they rejected the CVA? If so is this not him changing his mind again?

hill83

hill83....................................Good work on suggesting I'm a peado you strange creature. And what is it in retaliation to? Where I said you are a mong or liked to go to gay bars? Nothing wrong with either of those things. Where as being a peado is a serious crime and quite an accusation..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................And you weren't trying to "Defame" my character?

Yep

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing new here. The aim has long been to bust ACL and secure the Ricoh on the cheap and going back there isn't conducive toward this. He can't publicly say 'We want to bust ACL' so he has to come out with any old excuse about not going back.

The League has given him 5 years to gamble on this and that suits SISU very nicely.

Brighton Sky Blue

I also believe he may be distracted by rumours of a call up to the final Ashes Test. Apparently the England selectors are very impressed by his spin which has deceived the ACL and Football League batsmen this summer.

Houdi

Well Fisher has made it crystal clear and has repeated what he has said before many times before, we won't be returning to the Ricoh under any circumstances. Whilst SISU control CCFC it will never play football in Coventry ever again, that is his stark promise ,oft and continually repeated. So either control is somehow wrested away from SISU, or another Coventry team needs to be established. The football club is now effectively a franchised club, with complicit support from the FL, to be hawked around Warwickshire, with absolutely no concern for the people of Coventry.
The next step ,must surely come from ACL, and they should now be in no doubt, the people of Coventry want a football team to support within this City.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy...... Mr Appleton said: "At today's reconvened creditors' meeting, all parties except Arena Coventry Limited and HMRC accepted the CVA proposals...........You were saying Grenduffy?

SkyblueBazza

Are you two after a seat on the board or something?

L

longjohnskyblue

As difficult a decision as it might be the only way now is for SISU to have competition, by that I mean another Coventry club playing at the Ricoh. If Haskell or Byng's lot could buy the Ricoh and fund a phoenix club to play at the Ricoh then SISU would have competition. Protests are not working and Fisher thinks they will dwindle over the next few months (and he is probably right). I cannot see any other way to get rid of SISU -- they would continue to fund CCFC even if no fans turned up at Sixfields. The only way to get rid of SISU is out of our hands -- it needs someone to persue this in Court now. If protests are not working -- can anyone else come up with a serious suggestion (other than protests) to get rid of SISU ?

Very simple way to get rid of sisu NOPM

Why can't those "fans" who supported Otium FC sunday not get it? This odious man has shown once more that they have no intention of coming back to coventry. So why fund them?

Guess its politically incorrect to detest people destroying the club these days! Have to say "Oh I respect your decision" etc. Well I am sorry but I just cannot respect anyone who went to the dark side yesterday. All it did was affirm sisu's actions. If you have to tackle with your conscience then you know it's wrong!

And to add insult to injury if the crowd increases next week after a goalfest all it does is endorse sisu.

Just don't go - starve them out! They have struggled year on year to fund the club, they clearly haven't got any funds(otherwise they would have bought the Ricoh by now)

I urge all those who wrestled with your conscience surely with less than 1000 cov fans you must see how utterly wrong watching otium FC is. Boycott Shitfields just for a few games and they will be forced to come to the table. No busines can claim to be viable if it has no income streams and can be shown to have no income streams!

Nonleagueherewecome

asked why not do a short term deal with ACL for 3 years while you build your stadium ?

Fishers reply when ACL give us our 10 points back !!

what a complete joke!!

Fisher

hope fans come back
not playing the blame game

Hard to know where to begin with that statement...I'll just conclude that Fisher is a brain-dead twat who wouldn't deserve pissing on if he was on fire. Which, hopefully by a matter of pure coincidence, he is, soon.

NorthernWisdom

Hard to know where to begin with that statement...I'll just conclude that Fisher is a brain-dead twat who wouldn't deserve pissing on if he was on fire. Which, hopefully by a matter of pure coincidence, he is, soon.

You do wonder what possessed him really!

He had a choice to continue the mantra of yep we'll talk to them, and let's face it talking doesn't mean you have to agree a deal, but it at least shows willing!

But no, what better thing to do than to show openly how personal it's got, and say publicly on a Coventry radio station to Coventry fans that you're not even going to try and play in Coventry for the next few years!

SonOfSnoz

Under Sisu, we will probably never see Cov in Cov again!
Yesterday was a very sad day.......
Yet 130 years ago today........

hill83

His whole demeanor reeks of feeling he's above everything that going on.
"Oh no, I've got to talk about business for the peasants again"

I think he'll be getting slapped wrists for saying what he said today. I expect a statement within the next couple of days.
Of course I could be wrong. :wave:

Grendel

@ Grenduffy...... Mr Appleton said: "At today's reconvened creditors' meeting, all parties except Arena Coventry Limited and HMRC accepted the CVA proposals...........You were saying Grenduffy?

I was saying that the revenue rejection was irrelevant. If ACL had accepted the terms we would have exited with no points reduction.

The revenue bill was I technicality and rejection is always standard. This alone did not effect us in terms of points.

Clear enough?

Users who are viewing this thread