Fisher live on CWR.... the countdown begins. (1 Viewer)

wingy

But the real point is the owners have yet to say they will deal with CCFC
Also does it not already have pp?

As confirmed by Nick TF has already offered to have a meeting -it was the SBT who effectively stopped it happening
He can hire any venue he likes If he wants face to face.
It Is not the trusts fault or responsibility to provide the vehicle for his toxicity to waste oxygen.
However he may wish to portray it for political gain.

Nick

Administrator
He can hire any venue he likes If he wants face to face.
It Is not the trusts fault or responsibility to provide the vehicle for his toxicity to waste oxygen.
However he may wish to portray it for political gain.
Surely a better option than an advertising event for gilberts book?why would the trust provide a vehicle for him to push his books but not to grill the bloke in charge of CCFC?

Last edited:

cloughie

Same old same old defending the indefensible shame on you

Just to have ago at your arch enemy Gilbert

Quote nick
Don't get me wrong, the bloke blags out of his arse
but you put blame on the fans ......unbelievable Fisher..esk

Nick

Administrator
Same old same old defending the indefensible shame on you

Just to have ago at your arch enemy Gilbert

Quote nick
Don't get me wrong, the bloke blags out of his arse but you blame on the fans ......unbelievable Fisher..esk

I said how much is caused by the fans. ie People slagging others off for going to games, people on the hill saying true sky blues dont go in, people shouting abuse at those on the hill.

At least quote what I said, rather than edit it.

georgehudson

I'd hope that Damien Collins may find the time to talk with both C&W, & TDF,
additionally a question to TDF;
How do you explain the fact that you are despised, hated, & reviled by 99.9% of CCFC fans ?
What REAL reason is your continued existence @ CCFC ?
& Could you explain you financial involvement with CCFC / Otium or whoever ?

cloughie

Well that would make you look more Fisher..esk divide the Fans ? exactly his ploy

The oldest 1 in the book .......divide and conquor

oucho

I'd tell TF not to bother with the CWR forum and instead simply spend time recruiting a new manager. If the time spend preparing for and appearing on the radio can be better spent on helping to improve matters by using it to scout out a new manager, I'm all for it.

I won't tune in to the CWR thing; nothing particularly personal for that (although I do find the bloke loathsome), the only reason being that results on the pitch are all that matters and everything that comes out of the mouth of any football executive is essentially worthless; we can only judge him by events.

If he can bring in a new boss who'll get us winning again and going up the leagues, most fans will be satisfied and the current level of tension will subside. We're in a red alert situation at the moment and cool heads are needed; if he can bring in someone like Mark Robins to drag some decent performances from our team and see us have a much stronger second half of the season, I'd genuinely give TF a bit of credit for that.

Right now if feels that the plane is flying along with nobody at the controls, with the nosecone dropping further and further below the horizon. But not all is lost and we still have time. If TF brings in the right person, we can still have an OK season so let's keep some perspective. On this matter I will give him the benefit of the doubt (unlike everything else where I won't believe a word he says until I see it happen, that's another reason not to waste time listening to the CWR Q&A).

georgehudson

With the greatest respect 'oucho', the comment- if TF brings in the right person - I can't get my head around, to me he is King Midas in Reverse,
there has to be a complete clearout - too much shit for too long

dongonzalos

But the real point is the owners have yet to say they will deal with CCFC
Also does it not already have pp?

As confirmed by Nick TF has already offered to have a meeting -it was the SBT who effectively stopped it happening

I believe it has planning permission for 10k
Do you think that is the Attendance the club would like for a new stadium?

Then my question is to the trust if TF would accept it. Would you do a meeting screen lived in the internet with him. Negating the safety issues you have concerns about?

singers_pore

Surely a better option than an advertising event for gilberts book?why would the trust provide a vehicle for him to push his books but not to grill the bloke in charge of CCFC?

You need to get over your obsession with Simon Gilbert and his book. You have posted dozens of emails about Gilbert but not one email has contained any evidence that the contents of his book are inaccurate. Why are you so obsessed? Either tell us why his book is misleading or stop the whining.

Nick

Administrator
You need to get over your obsession with Simon Gilbert and his book. You have posted dozens of emails about Gilbert but not one email has contained any evidence that the contents of his book are inaccurate. Why are you so obsessed? Either tell us why his book is misleading or stop the whining.
I said the trust put on an event for him to sell some books didn't I? That was in reply to somebody saying why should the trust put on an event for the chairman to be grilled.

It's almost as if you are saying things that haven't been said. Weird.

Why would I provide evidence that his book is inaccurate when i haven't said that?

skybluetony176

A genuinely good opportunity to quiz him. Just hope our 'usual morons' aren't the ones that get through and waste valuable quizzing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is our "non moron" fans don't seem to have the required intellect to locate a phone number for CWR so instead choose to go on social media instead and complain about the quality of questioning from those who do have the intellect to locate the CWR phone number.

skybluetony176

He works for Simon on a commission basis. Product placement and all that.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Really not important whether the Trust wanted to put an event on with fisher or not, not important as to why they didn't. Or even why fisher after keeping the trust at arms length suddenly wants an event organised by them. You could just as well query why it is the various media outlets or the club itself have not sooner or more often - but that again that's not important.

What is important is that a reasonably impartial organisation like cwr with the profession interview skills and experience, and the coverage in the area to potentially reach 10's of thousands is putting on an event whereby fisher can be challenged and attempts made to hold him to account. It does not need anyone else being questioned during that hour, be that the trust of any other fan. The focus has to be on fisher, Sisu and Ccfc - nothing else

I do not have a lot of faith in that focus happening - especially with eakin in charge he is too conciliatory

oucho

It's good that the chairman is offering to do this; I know that he acknowledges communications with fans isn't good enough and needs to improve. But I don't think a Q+A is the way to do it. I'd prefer the club PR machine just to do do it's job rather than keeping radio silence half the time. It can't be that hard.

His biggest problem, and this comes from having spoken with him several times, is that he often comes across as dismissive, haughty and arrogant. I don't know him personally so do not know if that's how he really is, but he comes across like that. It seems he thinks that our fans are ill-informed neanderthals - so often I've seen a question be put to him, then he'll slight to himself or roll his eyes slightly, then try to "correct" the questioner or make them question their own knowledge, as if he is explaining something really simple to a very stupid, very annoying child.

It was a good idea for him to take a back seat and not stay involved in the PR side.......problem is that everyone else has gone and he's been left holding the baby (again). The position we're in, he needs to be seen as humble and solicitous, but instead he comes across as over-assertive and angry; it's the perfect mix to make him such an unpopular figure amongst the fans. The bull in a China shop routine won't wash.

martcov

It's good that the chairman is offering to do this; I know that he acknowledges communications with fans isn't good enough and needs to improve. But I don't think a Q+A is the way to do it. I'd prefer the club PR machine just to do do it's job rather than keeping radio silence half the time. It can't be that hard.

His biggest problem, and this comes from having spoken with him several times, is that he often comes across as dismissive, haughty and arrogant. I don't know him personally so do not know if that's how he really is, but he comes across like that. It seems he thinks that our fans are ill-informed neanderthals - so often I've seen a question be put to him, then he'll slight to himself or roll his eyes slightly, then try to "correct" the questioner or make them question their own knowledge, as if he is explaining something really simple to a very stupid, very annoying child.

It was a good idea for him to take a back seat and not stay involved in the PR side.......problem is that everyone else has gone and he's been left holding the baby (again). The position we're in, he needs to be seen as humble and solicitous, but instead he comes across as over-assertive and angry; it's the perfect mix to make him such an unpopular figure amongst the fans. The bull in a China shop routine won't wash.

The club does not have a PR machine. They do their community thing, but that seems to be more for youth than a PR for the whole business. The commercial director has walked. Tim Fisher is, in effect, the club. Venus has had it psychologically and he is the only other director.

We must hear Tim out and question him if we want to know what's happening. Maybe he has good news.... Who knows? Worth a listen though..

NorthernWisdom

The club does not have a PR machine. They do their community thing, but that seems to be more for youth than a PR for the whole business. The commercial director has walked. Tim Fisher is, in effect, the club. Venus has had it psychologically and he is the only other director.

We must hear Tim out and question him if we want to know what's happening. Maybe he has good news.... Who knows? Worth a listen though..

Do I think this interview will reveal anything? Nope.

Do I think it's a good thing? Yup.

Hopefully it becomes a regular thing. The club's been shocking at communication, and if it now wants to it should be encouraged, regardless of what's gone before. Ultimately, most of what comes out will be bollocks, but the only way to get insight is to listen to those with the ability to give the insight.

coop

Ask TM why they left Gallagher retail park is it because they owed 18 months rent andnever paid the electricity bill.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Some predictions as to what he will say

We have to live within our means
Crowds are too small the fans need to support the team
The protests are damaging the team
We have been blocked on a number of sites but there are two under consideration but I can't tell you where it's commercially sensitive.
The club is not involved in the legal cases what the owner chooses to do is up to them
There are people of power within the city working against the club. It looks like the club is being forced out.
We must own our stadium and have access to all the incomes 24/7/365 without that we can not compete
The owner has invested 60m trying to make it work
The club is close to operating profit despite the reduced attendance, interest is payable to the owners so is not a concern. The loans are owed to the owners so really isn't proper debt as not owed to 3rd parties.
We are working hard to improve things
We are looking to replace the manager, commercial director, to bring players in.there is still some budget available.
It can't work unless the fans and decision makers get on side with us.
How can the trust bid for Ccfc its ridiculous they can't file accounts on time they don't have the money
We are working with Cov rugby to put on joint non match day events, we need 100% of the income we generate.
We only get 72k turnover at ricoh at HR we used to get over 1m
Nothing to report on the academy there have been meetings
Nothing to report on the ricoh wasps have made their position. clear.

Think that should take about an hour to waffle through :) ;) leaving usual stuff to be discussed on here in detail pointing out the usual inconsistencies word by word.

Am sure there will be people who take what is said at face value and praise him for taking part... but will he have said anything new or important anything game changing we can get behind ......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread