Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

First timers at St Andrews

Don't know why people think they'll be loads of first timers there tomorrow. They'll be a few, but vast majority will have been at some point.
 
Mentioned this many times, but I'm not sure there will be many first-timers.

there are over 2000 season ticket holders (may be wrong) meaning with the average attendance being 6,000, that's 4000 fans that don't have a season ticket, granted, some may try to go as soon as they can, missing a game every three weeks or so, so it's not worth a season ticket but most others, like me try to go every now and again (month or so in my case) this means that extra 4000 will be mostly different every week, thus, all those fans who go every now and again all want to go on this special occasion, thus 10,000 fans
 
Mentioned this many times, but I'm not sure there will be many first-timers.

there are over 2000 season ticket holders (may be wrong) meaning with the average attendance being 6,000, that's 4000 fans that don't have a season ticket, granted, some may try to go as soon as they can, missing a game every three weeks or so, so it's not worth a season ticket but most others, like me try to go every now and again (month or so in my case) this means that extra 4000 will be mostly different every week, thus, all those fans who go every now and again all want to go on this special occasion, thus 10,000 fans

I think this is largely true but I’ve just counted and had messages from 6 different people in the last week to say they’re going for the first time today. Don’t worry, I have replied to all of them to moan about not going to league games.
 
Remember the club are tearing families apart by refusing to come back. 3 of the 4 board members are boycotting
The tearing families apart bit... Maybe Dave and the likes families don't speak to them because they are utter bores!
 
My first game tomorrow at St Andrews (not been there since a friendly in 90s)
Reason not been earlier is not based on any principles... just family & geographical constraints sadly!
Will be back up there for the Bolton game too though !
Same here - not that I haven’t wanted to go, just logistics and family circumstances have meant I’ve not been able to go until today!

can’t wait
 
I’m hoping the reduced capacity compared to a “big game” at the Ricoh means there’s fewer day trippers shouting forward and asking why we don’t bring McSheffrey on, it may be a naive hope but there you go.
I wouldn't call Clive Eakin a day tripper!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom