First Ten Games (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

So, with 6 points on the board in 2 games, what do we reckon we'll be on after the nominal benchmark of 10 matches? Aidy Boothroyd said about 1.6 points per game for play-offs iirc.

Fixtures as follows:

Coventry v Crewe Tue 18 Aug 19:45

Walsall v Coventry Sat 22 Aug 15:00

Coventry v Southend Mon 31 Aug 19:45

Burton v Coventry Sun 6 Sep 14:30

Scunthorpe v Coventry Sat 12 Sep 15:00

Coventry v Chesterfield Sat 19 Sep 15:00

Bury v Coventry Sat 26 Sep 15:00

Coventry v Shrewsbury Sat 3 Oct 15:00

Imho there isn't a team we should expect to be afraid of, but we all know that football is a funny old game. I'm going to be conservative (i.e. use my head rather than heart) and plump for 11 extra points, so 17 after the first 10. Enough to get us into / around the top 8.

Wins: Burton, Shrewbury & Southend
Draws: Crewe & Chesterfield
Losses: Walsall, Scunthorpe & Bury

stevefloyd

Wouldnt it be fantastic nay majestic nay fuckin unbelievable if we was unbeaten and riding high with 25 points or more after 10 games.. its what dreams are made of

pete212

To get promoted out of this league any club has to put together a run of undefeated games.
I mean like a run of 10-12, then if lose one, go on another run of 10-12.
We've just beaten two of the 'stronger' teams so now have to seriously think of automatic promotion.

Probably played Wigan and Millwall at the right time as they still have the losing mentality from last season.

Squad needs beefing up a bit, but the best 11 is good enough.

wingy

To get promoted out of this league any club has to put together a run of undefeated games.
I mean like a run of 10-12, then if lose one, go on another run of 10-12.
We've just beaten two of the 'stronger' teams so now have to seriously think of automatic promotion.

Probably played Wigan and Millwall at the right time as they still have the losing mentality from last season.

Squad needs beefing up a bit, but the best 11 is good enough.

TM referred to the third sentence here yesterday, Not only a good time as they're adjusting and gelling, but both novice managers.

cornoccfc

Reaction after the first poor result will tell us more, would take 20 from the first 10 for sure!

CCFCKirky

I think it would be fantastic to aim for 20 points out of30, if we can hit that then we will be well on our way to the playoffs which must be the number 1 target, we can't be thinking about automatic promotion just yet as we are only 2 games in, I doubt Leicester are thinking about winning the premier league when they are sitting near the top of the table. We need to be realistic and keep our feet on the ground, if we are in a similar position at Christmas then yes we can shift our attention to automatic promotion

covcity4life

It's such a nice feeling to look at fixture list without fear.

If we lose 1 just move on as next fixture is always winnable.

lifeskyblue

Nothing to be afraid of and currently you could see us unbeaten after 10. Unfortunately football rarely works like that. If we do lose one we have to roll up our sleeves and win the following two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Am I the only one not getting carried away & seeing it as 6 points nearer safety!?

No there are some real over the top comments. It's a 46 game long haul with a load of work to do.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

No there are some real over the top comments. It's a 46 game long haul with a load of work to do.

I think this current starting 11 man for man is potentially the strongest in the league but injuries, suspensions, unrejectable transfer bids & loan recalls/endings still to come with the current depth of our squad makes me worry.

Grendel

I think this current starting 11 man for man is potentially the strongest in the league but injuries, suspensions, unrejectable transfer bids & loan recalls/endings still to come with the current depth of our squad makes me worry.

There is no where near enough squad depth as things stand.

skyblue025

First 11 is excellent, however every other team in the country know our financial position and come Jan you can expect our best performers to be cherry picked. SISU will need to have a policy change and not sell when the first offer comes in we are to have any chance of promotion/playoffs. Also with Armstrong due to go back in late Jan/early Feb we need to convince Newcastle the best place for him is in City's first team rather than Newcastle's under 21's.

Users who are viewing this thread