First team player sold? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

If it was Ruben I'd be disappointed unlike some but it would represent a canny bit of business.
Came in free never entirely satisfied the manager and some of the fans
Jones has come in on similar role and we're linked potentially with the twenty year old at blues who's again similar role.
Personally I think he's better than this league and would suit the higher level.
If it is him, good luck Ruben really enjoyed the skill and application,
If it's Stokes a loss no doubt, yet similarly came for free and represents shrewd business out of necessity.
RCC will go no doubt but not yet I wouldn't have thought.
I'd also be disappointed, there's definitely a good footballer in there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

We can't really afford to sell anyone at the moment if we intend to 'build' a team. We get rid of loads of dead wood, fair enough, sold Maddison, fair enough.

But with the squad where it is, if we still have to sell, then it is getting desperate.

Grendel

We can't really afford to sell anyone at the moment if we intend to 'build' a team. We get rid of loads of dead wood, fair enough, sold Maddison, fair enough.

But with the squad where it is, if we still have to sell, then it is getting desperate.

The suggestion is they have an interest in a player and will sell him if they can by another for the same fee.

If it's Lameries gone and Leon Clarke in I would be happy.

If it's stokes gone and Bigiamara in i would be less happy.

Brylowes

The suggestion is they have an interest in a player and will sell him if they can by another for the same fee.

You think we could get Clarke for same fee as Lameiras ?

Hobo

Having stripped our squad back I would like to think we could build on it now. I know we might have to sell a player a year but I would like to see a team forming that might serve us over the next 2-3 years.

wingy

Having stripped our squad back I would like to think we could build on it now. I know we might have to sell a player a year but I would like to see a team forming that might serve us over the next 2-3 years.
It is making me wonder what the budget is going to be this year. Struggling to see its anywhere close to last year currently, but as has been speculated a fee may be being paid.

Grendel

You think we could get Clarke for same fee as Lameiras ?

I personally think lamerias is rubbish so no. I'm suggesting a scenario. That said Clarke wouldn't attract a big fee

Otis

If it were to be Stokes then I can sort of understand it if we are planning on playing wingbacks.

Stokes can't play wingback in my opinion. Not quick enough and not overly brilliant in supporting the forwards.

However, I most definitely could see him in a back three.

Guess if we are selling someone it probably needs to be an asset for any return. Past Stokes I can't really see we have any assets.

Lameiras I do not see as an asset.

Samo

If it were to be Stokes then I can sort of understand it if we are planning on playing wingbacks.

Stokes can't play wingback in my opinion. Not quick enough and not overly brilliant in supporting the forwards.

Guess if we are selling someone it probably needs to be an asset for any return. Past Stokes I can't really see we have any assets.

Yup, apart from RCC who I do see as an asset. However I could understand why someone might see Haynes as worth developing.

Last edited:

woody11462

Could see Stokes being used as the left sided centre back.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

See talk on here of wanting Lameries to go in my mind one of most skillfull players we have. Besides have we not reduced the wage bill sufficently with the clearout we had,

JulianDarbyFTW

I don't think there is a first team player that I'd be devastated to see leave tbh. None of them have exactly pulled up any trees. Stokes is the only one I'd be disappointed with, but I can live with that.

Brylowes

See talk on here of wanting Lameries to go in my mind one of most skillfull players we have. Besides have we not reduced the wage bill sufficently with the clearout we had,

Im not denying Lameiras has skill, but you need some Braun as well, the opposition
Knock him off the ball or off his stride without fouling him far to easily.
I would suspect this is the reason he hasn't made it anywhere else, I'm not convinced
he'd improve if he bulked up either, just no natural strength.

asiaskyblues

I was thinking the only way TM would sanction a sale would be if he was promised that he could use the money for someone.

I do apologise if I'm being cynical but it is now school holidays

steve82

He is one of the most skilful, but also terribly inconsistent.

If he was consistent then he'd be playing a league above no doubt. There are many players in league one and two that are skilful and show flashes of magic but only do it 1 in 3 or 5 games hence why the big clubs have released them.

ceetee

I'd be disappointed to see Lameiras go as he could become a better player. How many seasons is Leon Clarke good for?

Stokes I agree should be the left of 3CBs. He's the only one we have who can play nearly every game unless and until Willis proves his fitness.

Of course, whoever the player is, if any, we could be talking about a partial swop deal.

Pipehitterz

Only assets we have 1st team wise are:

RCC
Stokes
Vince
Vincelot isn't really an asset. He's okay, but if we got some money for him i'd be well happy
Honestly of right now , rcc ale stokes is about the list I'd be disappointed in.
Vince is just another player I can take or leave
To be honest , stokes was fucking shit for 6 months , then good for 3 months , started well last season then injured ever since, so in actual fact , the only current in form player is -Rcc
And even he is marmite to some ccfc supporters .

letsallsingtogether

I was thinking the only way TM would sanction a sale would be if he was promised that he could use the money for someone.

I do apologise if I'm being cynical but it is now school holidays

Why would TM have to sanction it.

I'm sure if they want to sell anyone they will just do it that is the norm with this club.
TM will just say what all our other managers have said........
Unfortunately we are a selling club we have shit support we dont get any pie money and we dont know what is needed to run an academy until we get an email from the league, but we have 2 good under 16's coming through for next seasons squad.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our squad is absolutely thread bare. Letting Martin go was moronic already as obviously no one of that calibre has come in thus far.

I was nervous last season, and prepared for late deals this one, but we are fucking well cutting it fine. Sell one of our small and precious squad, we will still need to get in about 8 players to compete imo.

Chipfat

Nobody said Jones and we know he had more than a few interested in him before he signed. He would be a player we would miss and i would not be shocked if a champ club are putting money on the table. My money is on Stokes, RCC then Jones.

FRY-CCFC

Nobody said Jones and we know he had more than a few interested in him before he signed. He would be a player we would miss and i would not be shocked if a champ club are putting money on the table. My money is on Stokes, RCC then Jones.
We just signed him for a 6 figure fee to a four year contract. Are you dumb?

Users who are viewing this thread