First Sky Blue hero (1 Viewer)

Real

I started going up about 1982, the 1st goal I remember was Mark Hateley's 25yarder against Man City. I think I'd have to say Terry Gibson was my 1st Sky Blue hero, and I also recall being gutted when my mum told me we'd sold Stuart Pearce and Ian Butterworth, more to do with Pearce leaving though.

sky_blue_up_north

First "hero" was Neil Martin.

Remember him doing really fancy back heal whilst the ball was in the air as pass to Gerry Baker. All the kids at school were trying in Monday, decent centre forward.

skyblueinBaku

Talking about 'not a hero' amongst the current bunch, not your selection!!

i was agreeing with you.

Sorry, Otis. To be honest, I didn't read the very bottom of that post commenting on our present bunch. You are right - not a hero amongst them. How many would get into a JH team from 62/63?

Moe-Lask

Being brought up in the 90's and remember my first games in the 97/98 season my fav players were Gary McAllister, Dublin and Huckerby. Will never forget when Dublin was sold then Huckerby i was gutted! Then the glimmer of hope Robbie Keane, Hadji, Chippo and Froggatt (Still think he'd of played for England) but the moment we released, McAllister, sold Keane and brought in Bellamy and Bothroyd i think we knew we we're funked.

Since then maybe Big Mo Konjic was my fav followed by the stint of Dennis Wise where i thought we could of made the Play Offs but in truth since we went down we've had no body to shout about!

skybluelee

I started going up about 1982, the 1st goal I remember was Mark Hateley's 25yarder against Man City. I think I'd have to say Terry Gibson was my 1st Sky Blue hero, and I also recall being gutted when my mum told me we'd sold Stuart Pearce and Ian Butterworth, more to do with Pearce leaving though.

I remember crying my eyes out when we sold Terry Gibson to Man U! The most gutted I have been when we've sold anybody was David Speedie. I thought the world was going to end that day.

I was a keeper at school and Bill Glazier was my hero. Consistency was his Moto. The mighty Sky Blues now have consistency, but in the wrong direction......:D

Users who are viewing this thread