First signing under Andy Thorn? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

if true, he will certainly play more than Philips would, but cant help feeling that Juke, Harewood and Eastwood would only get us to 16th-18th tops

Snozzer

I wouldn't be too disappointed with juke, Harewood, Phillips and one other to be honest. I would move Eastwood and Platt on though.

Im beginning to be slightly opposed against KP coming here. I Think Harewood, Juke and a pacey, younger goal scorer ( the likes of Zavon Hines, Le Fondre, Earnshaw) with freddy as back up would be the perfect balance!

Ideally we'd all want Platt, O'Don and Eastwood to be sold on to free up some doe to invest in some young talent. In reality this is never gonna happen!

Juke, Hines and Le Fondre wouldn't be bad.
Not bad at all. Big gamble though..

Juke - Only scored 9 last season- Relying on him to score alot more.

Le Fondre- Proven scorer season after season at league 2 level. Can he cut it at this level?

Hines- Very few goals score. Very little first team action.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hines plays wide too-he was left wing for Eng U21's at The Ricoh, and scored twice I think. He always looks good for West Ham, and would have played more if he hadn't had an injury. Brings pace and potential-tbh if Lukas was a Thorn signing (which I think it was), then I can see him going for someone like Hines. Flexible enough to play in a 433 and would dovetail perfectly with Lukas as a front-man. I can't imagine anyone better other than Miller from WBA, but I think both are out of our reach.

Covstar

It is a necessity for city to have at least 3 wood players. With westwood leaving, Harewood is the obvious target for us. ;)

ccfc1973

hines is leaving due to lack of first team action.....and was it thorn who recomended him when we had him on loan before?

Chipfat

Murphy, Dunn,Harewood,Phillips, Hines, Sunday, Danny Green or 1 Quality Attacking Midfielder, im pretty certain we will find some unknown trialist that AT has spotted on his travels..

Resign
Gunnarsson
Cameron

Murphy, Dunn,Harewood,Phillips, Hines, Sunday, Danny Green or 1 Quality Attacking Midfielder, im pretty certain we will find some unknown trialist that AT has spotted on his travels..

Resign
Gunnarsson
Cameron
With those additions i would say we'd be a top half team. Just a matter of keeping everyone fit.

Last edited:

PhilWasn'tBabb

I'd feel much happier with us going for Le Fondre and Harewood rather than Phillips, I think we would get more games out of them and phillips can't hold back time forever.

sparky

rite dont shoot me down for this cuz im being totaly honest in wot ive heard but my brother in laws m8 is gud friends with ben turner and big ben reckons theres a gud chance kevin phillips will b a cov player sumtime nxt week!!

Chipfat

I ve heard he is in talks this week although from my understanding its a very good chance he will sign. And apart from the names Harewood, Hines and Murphy im hearing Adam Rooney is another that is being considered as he is a free young and wants to come to England.

Users who are viewing this thread