First ever Sky Blues game? (2 Viewers)

Bennoisback

I think mine was 1974 at home to leeds, stood in sky blue terrace right on half way line. I remember having to get there early 1.30 to stand there.
Cant rememeber the score but sure we lost and being amazed how many Leeds fans were in the away end at that time........lots of trouble in those days.

ccfcrob

mine was highfield road at the age of 6 1st game of the 95-96 season Paul Telfer scored twice on his debut as we beat Man City 2-1

1nilandwe...

Mine was a 2-2 draw against Chelsea. Early 90's. Pretty sure we conceded a late pen for their equaliser.
Then it was a 4-2 win at home to Leicester. Sat in the Family Stand. Sean Flynn scored twice. Hooked.

skybluelee

Cant believe all these "i think it was..." posts. I remember my first game like it was yesterday. You lot must have drunk a lot of beer over the years to cause sich fuzziness. :)

ajsccfc

I remember one of the early seasons in the Championship, playing Forest at HR and they had two men sent off and it finished 0-0. Outside of the farcical Bristol City game a few season back that's probably the worst I've seen, even though we got a point and I've watched a LOT of defeats.

That site has more detail of my first game, ace - http://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-charlton-athletic-17-september-1988-89010/

My abiding memory is getting in to the Main Stand a few minutes late as the whole crowd was chanting 'cheat cheat' after Cyrille had an effort cleared off the line by a Charlton handball.

kg82

I remember one of the early seasons in the Championship, playing Forest at HR and they had two men sent off and it finished 0-0. Outside of the farcical Bristol City game a few season back that's probably the worst I've seen, even though we got a point and I've watched a LOT of defeats.

That site has more detail of my first game, ace - http://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-charlton-athletic-17-september-1988-89010/

My abiding memory is getting in to the Main Stand a few minutes late as the whole crowd was chanting 'cheat cheat' after Cyrille had an effort cleared off the line by a Charlton handball.

Hmm yeah, I remember that Forest game too. One of, if not THE worst game I've watched since we went down. If I remember rightly Ricardo Scimecca was one of the players sent off?

jimmyhillsfanclub

...Don't do it Irish....We're shit.

My first City game was against wolves in 1982....0-0. I was 10 years old....

...Wished I'd stayed home & played footy in the street with me mates.....

skybluelee

Hmm yeah, I remember that Forest game too. One of, if not THE worst game I've watched since we went down. If I remember rightly Ricardo Scimecca was one of the players sent off?

The Grimsby game was worse. That was when the realisation hit home that we were a million miles away from even getting close to returning to the Premier League.

Consett-Stu

My first Cov game was against Sunderland at Roker Park on a week night in 1990 for a 0-0 draw I was standing in the Sunderland end dressed in sky blue. My first home game was a year later at Highfield Road when I was mascot against Sunderland again another 0-0 draw and Regis had a goal disallowed

The Great Eastern

Saw City for the first time in September, 1966. like a lot of others, was inspired to go to football after the World Cup in England. The game was a 3-0 home win against Bury. Bobby Gould and John Tudor both scored and, quite frankly, that's as much as I can remember !

skybluealan

Guess I'm showing my age, 1958/59 season against Port Vale. Remember very very little. I know is was Port vale because I remember my dad telling me later that Port Vale had one the league. Coventry did come second that year. The old 4th. Division. After that junior season ticket holder and the great early sixties.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
1963/64 season. I remember it being against Hull. (Used to think it was against Huddersfield but I've since checked and it was Hull)

worc0257

August 1984 Coventry 0, Norwich 0.

Second was Coventry 0, Manchester United 3. Kilcline sent off

Not an atypical introduction ...

BigadamL

Cov v Southampton 1993 1-1 and it was the day I got hooked and Coventry city! Cost me a few grey hairs over the years!

Users who are viewing this thread