Skyblueweeman

Dec 7, 2011
Portsmouth
Wow, that was my first game too. Taken up to Highfield Rd by a friend of my Mum who then scavenged a couple of comps from George Curtis. Sat in the Main Stand, it was an amazing atmosphere for a 12 yr old to comprehend.

Second game was the Charity Shield :p

And strangely, third was Millwall at home in 1988. But that third game hooked me enough that I got a season ticket and watched Cov home and away for the next 15 years. Side note: I actually came out of Highfield Rd richer than I went in due to all the coins Millwall tossed at us :)

Ha ha, that 3rd Millwall game for you was my first!

Reactions: Happy_Martian

albatross

Jun 10, 2011
13th March 1976. Coventry 1 Arsenal 1. Remember Alan Green scoring.

Stood on the Kop, would have been about 9.

May 22, 2023
My dad used to work in Coventry but moved down to East Sussex after I was born, every summer we would go to Coventry for our holiday , followed by a trip to Blackburn and if I was really lucky a day out to a Colwyn bay nunnery to see my aunt. My dad's best friend up there was a season ticket holder and he took me along to see Coventry v Spurs in 1984.
It finished 1 1 but all I can remember now is that Peter Barnes made some good runs and there was fighting between the fans in one of the stands.

Reactions: nicksar

Johhny Blue

Feb 1, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Don’t remember the exact game but it would be ‘65 or ‘66. I do remember joining in with the “you’re a bastard” chants and being surprised that dad wasn’t stopping me

Como

Dec 1, 2013
Colorado
I am always impressed how people can remember details from a young age, I would have been 6 or 7, my Grandad took me and it was when Jimmy Hill came on board, did we go before Jimmy Hill, no idea. Obviously my Grandad is not around to ask. I know we always went on the Kop, and it was a long way up to the top for the toilets.. Pretty sure I never sat down until Highfield Road became an all seater.

Reactions: nicksar

CanuckSkyBlue

Jan 11, 2020
Pretty sure it was when we beat Blackburn 5-0 in 95’

Remember more when I asked my dad to stop bringing me after getting pumped during the Stern John era

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Wife’s first game was losing 1-0 to Shrewsbury in 2013, she for some reason kept wanting to go, wrote her Masters dissertation on CCFC playing in Northampton and now is completely hooked.

Reactions: Skyblueweeman

SkyBlueCharlie9

Feb 16, 2018
1-0 win I think v Souhampton around 1979/1980. I was 8 and my dad bought the cheap standing tickets in area below the wooden exec boxes in front of main stand. Absolutely crap view.

Users who are viewing this thread