First city game (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I know we drew 2-2 with forest at Highfield Road and I'm going to say Brian kilkline missed a penalty 1989

I remember that game well, had a dream it would be 2-2 and had a bet on it. Think it was16/1

bulko

City v West Ham at home 14/2/76.
Stood on the Skyblue terrace with my dad, 2-0 win.
Mick Coop and Barry Powell scoring.
PUSB👍👕😁
Was that an evening game my first game was against West Ham that sort of year I can remember it was an evening game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

1964, aged 11, Cov 1 v Colchester 0. George Hudson scoring the only goal to win the league as Champions and return to Division 2, which is the Championship in today's game.

ceetee

Honestly don't know but would have been around 1959/60. Lived in a village near Rugby, no transport of my own, so had to go when and where anyone offered to take me. Had no link to Coventry so we went to the odd game at Leicester, not to support them but because they were First Division

martincov

V wolves first season in the old 1st division, I thought we drew 1-1 but was it 1-0? I went with my dads mate Rex who has lived in Menorca for 40 years. I was 9. The days of rosettes and rattles and kids on stools at the front. I had a rosette that day but lost it and spent most of the game searching for the bloody thing! 55 years ago. Up early tomorrow to get in the queue for the remaining tickets. Fingers crossed but if not then sing loud and proud SBA I will be with you all.

torchomatic

Birmingham City
Highfield Road
28th October 1972, my 7th birthday.

Bad Boy

1964, aged 11, Cov 1 v Colchester 0. George Hudson scoring the only goal to win the league as Champions and return to Division 2, which is the Championship in today's game.
Same here.
Went alone on the bus from Canley to The Meda as a nine year old kid (would you let your nine old do that today?) and followed a group of grown ups to HR as I had no idea where the ground was.
Stood on the West End terrace at the front behind the goal, blokes stinking of fags beer and farts, cheering singing and swearing with the smell of Ellimans rub on the players legs and the slapping sound as tackles came in and I just thought WOW and I've been hooked ever since.💙

oscillatewildly

City 0-2 Liverpool League Cup replay 1977
Night game 36000+ crowd …..hooked !
Remember that one. My first glimpse of Kenny Dalglish.
A few months earlier at the tale end of the previous season I witnessed one of Kevin Keegan's last games for Liverpool as City got a valuable point in a 0-0.

Woolly68

I was late to see my first City game, even though I supported them from afar from the age of 10. I was 22 when I went with a friend to watch Nottingham Forest v Coventry in the league cup semi final first leg. February 1990. Lost 2-1. Just over 26,000 there. Had another friend who was at university at the time in Nottingham so stayed there the night before, and had too much to drink. Bit claggy on the day of the game.

Danceswithhorses

1978...preseason friendly against Japan.
It was a night game, and as a kid i couldn't believe how green the grass looked under floodlights, as i emerged onto the kop after climbing all those steps.

Last edited:

robbiethemole

about 1962, most likely Boxing Day aged 8 with Dad and brother in law , don't remember a thing hahahha, started going on my own in '66 with a mate, aged 12 on the Royal Blue coaches by Marvin's from Rugby.

sotvtoday

Coventry v Brentford - 15/02/1964

I was 9. Got the Hall's coach from Bed'uth. Told my parents I was going shopping!
Although it says Ken Hale scored I'm absolutely certain it was George Hudson.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Torquay FA Cup '88. Stood on an upturned crate at the front of the kop so I could see over the wall.

Won 2-0. Killer pen and Regis I think

Speedies_Chips

27th April 1968. Lost 1-0 at home to Leicester. I was only 8 at the time so didn't realise that it was a relegation 4 pointer.

However, despite that result, they went down! :)

If I remember correctly, It took about 5 or 6 games before I saw us score!

NortonSkyBlue

27th April 1968. Lost 1-0 at home to Leicester. I was only 8 at the time so didn't realise that it was a relegation 4 pointer.

However, despite that result, they went down! :)

If I remember correctly, It took about 5 or 6 games before I saw us score!
We won 1-0 with a Neil Martin header in the last minute

CV22SBA

Last game of the season 14 May 1983 against West Ham. Lost 2-4 and I’ve had a season ticket since apart from Northampton & Blues although did still attend most games those seasons still.

Users who are viewing this thread