Fireworks displays (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Anyone know of any decent fireworks displays on saturday!

Nick

Administrator
i went to bedworth last year, took them about 5 hours to light the bonfire and fireworks lasted about 6/7 minutes. Waste of a fiver.

pusbccfc

Eastern Green is always a good one, about 4quid and is a 10 minute + show. Plenty of stalls etc as well.

Skyblueloyal

For the Kenilworth one just stand at the top of Abbey Fields near the castle last year there must have been about 1000 doing that. Good display too

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't beat the fireworks event they have here in Yarmouth. It's free (donation via a collection). There is a Samba band, a Guy competition, loads of food stalls, then to top it all, after about two hours of entertainment there is a candle lit parade through the town to the green area just off the beach where there is a huge display from a large barge out at sea. Instead of a bonfire, they light a beacon on the green.
100_2425.jpg

Guy Comp

100_2427.jpg

Samba Band

100_2437.jpg

Torch light parade

100_2451.jpg

Waiting on the Green

100_2469.jpg

Display out at sea

LastGarrison

Cov Rugby Club are having one in conjunction with one of the local radio stations.

Ahh to be a kid again.

Otis

i went to bedworth last year, took them about 5 hours to light the bonfire and fireworks lasted about 6/7 minutes. Waste of a fiver.

Well you don't get many fireworks for a fiver to be honest.

Couldn't you have bought a few more?

Nick

Administrator
If it was me id have filled the dog waste bins with air bombs! Really entertain peoplw!

Sick Boy

I have been to Lewes several times. It is very surreal and a little bit mental. Never seen anything like it before and it is probably by far the best display in the country.

Otis

Hare & Hounds firework display and bonfire + barbecue tomorrow at 6.30.

Free. Been before and for free it is very good.

Can't beat the fireworks event they have here in Yarmouth. It's free (donation via a collection). There is a Samba band, a Guy competition, loads of food stalls, then to top it all, after about two hours of entertainment there is a candle lit parade through the town to the green area just off the beach where there is a huge display from a large barge out at sea. Instead of a bonfire, they light a beacon on the green.
100_2425.jpg

Guy Comp

100_2427.jpg

Samba Band

100_2437.jpg

Torch light parade

100_2451.jpg

Waiting on the Green

100_2469.jpg

Display out at sea

are you sure that torch parade aint really a simpson style angry mob :)

Covstu

went to eastern green bonfire tonight, it was really good. Cannot complain for 4 quid.

Otis

Hare and Hounds one is completely free. Go most years. Does get packed up there though.

WillieStanley

Took the family to CRFC at the butts! It was a nice enough evening. We chose that because SB Sam was there and he's my daughters hero! The display was good and food was cheap. They had a Dj from Touch there who was absolutely awful bit other than that it was a great evening, thoroughly recommended!

Otis

Been to the Cov rugby club one before. The main thing that disappoints me there is that the display goes on too long and becomes boring.

Last two occasions I've been my daughter even stopped watching and focused her attention on something else. It goes on for well over 40 mins and just gets monotonous.

Best one I have seen lately was at the Godiva Awakes. It was about 15-20 mins and just built up to a tremendous crescendo. Fantastic it was. The ones that last longer just tend to have an awful lot of repetition in them.

At the end of the day there is only so much you can do with fireworks. Short and sweet every time for me.

Covstu

my daughter was scared with the loud bangs, it was a little late for her also as she is normally in bed by 7. She is only 2 though!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Went to one in Newport IoW last night. Got caked in mud, fireworks were 15 minutes late in starting, then they went on far too long. Should have travelled to Yarmouth! :mad: Would have been much better!

CTID

anyone know of any tonight? The whole bonfire night / weekend thing passed me by and i cant find anything online!

Nick

Administrator
I have been watching out of the bedroom window. Lads over the road have got a big fire on and can see fireworks for miles around and its warm :)

Users who are viewing this thread