Finding Old Pensions (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I have just installed Pension Bee, thought I'd have a look.

I remember getting a letter years ago about a pension I had, I think I worked for the Council in a school (scab). Was only a couple of hundred quid in it but thought I'd see what I can do with it.

How would I find out who it was with? Is it linked to NI number?

Ian1779

The council would have used a payroll company maybe - you could start there?

shmmeee

How did you figure it out? I’m sure I’ve got some from old jobs, not least my last job which I can’t find any details for.

Nick

Administrator
I vaguely remembered the name of it, its only a really shit one but I was going to see what I can do with it.

fernandopartridge

I remember getting a letter years ago about a pension I had, I think I worked for the Council in a school (scab). Was only a couple of hundred quid in it but thought I'd see what I can do with it.

Just leave it there you greedy bastard and accept what you've got

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue M

Within the next couple of years you will be able to use Pensions Dashboards to search for any pensions that you may have

Sky Blue M

LGPS pensions work differently to normal pensions. When you say it only had a couple of hundred quid in it - it might be that's your annual pension and the actual value of the pension will be a couple of grand

Nick

Administrator
LGPS pensions work differently to normal pensions. When you say it only had a couple of hundred quid in it - it might be that's your annual pension and the actual value of the pension will be a couple of grand

I managed to find it on the west mids pension site.

I have requested it is transferred to PensionBee so I can have a play about with it and see.

I have one currently but as it's a live one you can't do much with it I don't think.

Sky Blue M

No worries. WMPF should give you some forms to complete and you will need to get Pensions Bee to do it as well. Pensions Bee will try and claim that you don't need to fill out anything with them but they're full of shit

Nick

Administrator
No worries. WMPF should give you some forms to complete and you will need to get Pensions Bee to do it as well. Pensions Bee will try and claim that you don't need to fill out anything with them but they're full of shit

Ha cheers, I will see what happens :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had a letter out of the blue a couple of years ago regarding an old pension. I thought I was going to be quids in! Checked it out and they wrote back saying it was worth around £7 per year!! I told them to politely shove it where the sun don't shine!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I had a letter out of the blue a couple of years ago regarding an old pension. I thought I was going to be quids in! Checked it out and they wrote back saying it was worth around £7 per year!! I told them to politely shove it where the sun don't shine!
Mr Rockefeller could you have asked them to give to charity.Never leave it with them.

Johnnythespider

I contacted Royal London a couple of years ago about a pension from an old job, I'd had a statement through for it but also one for another plan i didn't know about so i asked how many plans i had with them and was told 4, they sent me statements for all of them, then this year i received statements for those 4 and another one so 5 in total, i don't think they even know and there should be a way of simplifying this as the plans i didn't know about add up to about £30,000.

Users who are viewing this thread