Finally.... (1 Viewer)

... we will be appointing our new manager either Monday r Tuesday next week. About bloody time. Carsley has done a wonderful job but we need some stability. Realistically, Who do you THINK it will be and who do you WANT it to be. Personally, from the people i think would take the job, i would say i want Steve Lomas. He's done well at St. Johnstone and i think he would be a good choice, but we would have to pay combo which might put a downer on it for SISU. I think it will be Keith Curle. Overall, his record isnt great but he did a good job at Notts, plus a 26 game unbeaten run would be an attractive bonus for SISU, and he's been to 2 of our games in the past few weeks. Maybe he's preparing for the job, maybe he's just emphusiastic, but either way i THINK it will be Keith Curle but i WANT Steve Lomas. Well tbh i wan Paulo Di Canio but he wants a PL job, so that wont happen. What about you guys? Who do you think will be appointed and who do you WANT to be appointed

tippex9

I genuinely don't have a single candidate I'm fully behind. I wouldn't mind Eric Black but PURELY because one way or another it would put to bed all the people who lord him everytime the job comes up.

Who ever gets the job I'll fully support & good luck to them, they'll probably need it.

diggerdaley

Who ever we appoint will have been sacked from another club,lets keep Carsley till the summer, at least he knows the players :thinking about:

BurbageSkyBlues

Personally, believe that there is some merit in keeping LC in charge until the end of the season.

We are unlikely to be able to bring in new players.
It is not the right time to change the way we play, with what we have - it could cost us a lot of points while the players try to adapt.
Therefore, keep going , with a few tweaks to try to improve results at the Ricoh.

If we miss out on playoffs, so be it, and bring in the new man. but right now, it is delicately balanced.

Of course, a new man might just add the extra bit needed........but it would be a risk, without him being able to change the players, he will need time to assess the existing ones.

Just my view .

Agreed, I think if we bring someone in then Carsley has to be involved in first team until the end of the season.. to change things around now would be suicidal.

Mr B

... we will be appointing our new manager either Monday r Tuesday next week. About bloody time. Carsley has done a wonderful job but we need some stability. Realistically, Who do you THINK it will be and who do you WANT it to be. Personally, from the people i think would take the job, i would say i want Steve Lomas. He's done well at St. Johnstone and i think he would be a good choice, but we would have to pay combo which might put a downer on it for SISU. I think it will be Keith Curle. Overall, his record isnt great but he did a good job at Notts, plus a 26 game unbeaten run would be an attractive bonus for SISU, and he's been to 2 of our games in the past few weeks. Maybe he's preparing for the job, maybe he's just emphusiastic, but either way i THINK it will be Keith Curle but i WANT Steve Lomas. Well tbh i wan Paulo Di Canio but he wants a PL job, so that wont happen. What about you guys? Who do you think will be appointed and who do you WANT to be appointed

Oh no my friend who own's a tanning salon has just said one of her sunberds has been booked out indefinetly for a year from Monday, signatory was a Mr P. Brown........... :facepalm:

kepit 2 yusen

if we beat swindon thats 4/5 wins for LC

take him away and the players will have another blow to deal with imo

Agreed - the team is hanging in there how it is with Carsley in charge, do we really want to take the risk of somebody in charge trying to get there by trial and error in his learning curve. That could be too costly. Had Carlsey been losing most games I might think differently but I'm happy with the job he's doing right now AND he knows his players strengths and weaknesses.

Not_RoyWegerle

Seen nothing to indicated that Carso isn't ready to step up, at least until the end of the year. I think we need consistency on the field as much as we can get. I think Lee will have picked up a lot from the Robins reign and he's doing a good job. Critical time for us if we want to make the play-offs and if we start shaking things up, as an appointment will do, we'll be in trouble. Also, in the summer, there may be a few more options for us. I'd hate for us to get tied up with a Keith Curle for it to end in disaster and for us not be able to pay him off. Stick with Carso until the end of the season at least, the team are playing well. Yeah, we need to convert more but there's no manager that'll change that.

chiefdave

For me unless they've got someone exceptional like Adkins lined up, and there's not much chance of that, we'd be better off sticking with Carso till the end of the season. The rent row surely has to be resolved one way or another before the start of next season so get that done first and then worry about who's going to be in charge.

CovMatt1987

chiefdave has it spot on for me - if we were really struggling under Carsley then yes get a new manager in but its not worth the risk of disrupting the players and having someone come in and change the formation/lineup when it really doesnt need to be.

Let him have a crack at it until the end of the season - who knows he may do an amazing job (he hasnt done bad so far), take us up, and guess what we dont need a new manager

rupert_bear

I would stick with Lee from Keresley until the summer, i suspect whoever it is knows and so does LC, is the signing of a Southampton reseve centre half a clue, a bit out of the blue too ? Nigel Adkins ??

LJC_CCFC

Give it Carsley til the end of the season, appointing a new man now could disrupt the team etc. If Carsley takes us up give him the gig, if not start afresh in the summer with a new man

shropshirecov

Give it Carsley til the end of the season, appointing a new man now could disrupt the team etc. If Carsley takes us up give him the gig, if not start afresh in the summer with a new man

They're obviously waiting to see if we win Saturday, if we do they should say carry on till the end of the season to Carsley. If we lose we'll probably give it to curle or some other gimp.

Mr B

I would give it Carsley if everyone agrees to stop calling him fucking Carso.

Yeah lets call him Carsey instead, it seems like a bog standard nickname and I feel that if we use it we will be flushed with success and he will help us get out of this toilet of a league........... :facepalm:

fernandopartridge

Yeah lets call him Carsey instead, it seems like a bog standard nickname and I feel that if we use it we will be flushed with success and he will help us get out of this toilet of a league........... :facepalm:

This is not the place for toilet humour

Users who are viewing this thread