final game at the Ricoh.. (1 Viewer)

Elton_Welby's_milkman

Just thinking….

If we are to bid farewell to the Ricoh on 28th after the game against Shrewsbury, wouldn’t it be great to leave on a organised dignified protest….against all factors involved in this mess. Whilst we all seem to be split on who to blame.. SISU, CCC, Wasps, which is dividing our great fan base even more.. I personally blame all factors for the fact I may have to travel out of my City to watch my team play under the badge of another. I will never forgive SISU or the Council for forcing me to do this …(again!) . But anyway back to matters in hand, Is there anything planned for what could be our final game at the Ricoh? I hope it doesn’t just turn into a few people getting into the pitch and just thinking “now what?”..and the whole affair ends in a whimper.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

AStonesThrow

An even better idea. Why don't we all stay at the end of the game and focus on the most important part of being at the game; applauding those lads that have turned out to play week in week out, giving it 110% regardless of the off field shenanigans, achieving an impressive league position on our first season back in league one despite everything. They're the ones that deserve our time and attention on a match day. Just another protest is just irrelevant this far along

Elton_Welby's_milkman

Agreed Astonesthrow .. the lads deserve all the plaudits.. play offs or not, this season has been amazing and well above my expectations. but is that it .. we just turn and walk out of the Ricoh? maybe protest was too strong of a word maybe something to voice the disapproval?.. but as you say that ship may have indeed sailed...

Seamus1

Would be great to get the stadium sold out for this...even better were nobody to purchase any food and beverage so Wasps can see what revenue they will be missing out on

ccfcway

Sadly, as a fan base, never have the words "fight till the game is won" seemed so alien.

We are too divided and cant agree on a plan of action. We are playing into the hands of SISU / CCC etc as they know we don't have a united front.

cc84cov

Doing something like pitch invasion being the obvious will be pointless but doing something at a Wasp fixture wouldn’t.
I defo think we need to be demonstrating at wasps matches in what ever way it takes pitch invasions etc 100%

CCFCSteve

An even better idea. Why don't we all stay at the end of the game and focus on the most important part of being at the game; applauding those lads that have turned out to play week in week out, giving it 110% regardless of the off field shenanigans, achieving an impressive league position on our first season back in league one despite everything. They're the ones that deserve our time and attention on a match day. Just another protest is just irrelevant this far along

Agree with this. Heard earlier that we’ve had youngest average age of any team in the top four divisions. Played some great stuff in patches over the season

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Sadly, as a fan base, never have the words "fight till the game is won" seemed so alien.

We are too divided and cant agree on a plan of action. We are playing into the hands of SISU / CCC etc as they know we don't have a united front.
Just like Brexit the politicians have a lot to answer for .

Just like the country, the fans are divided.

So as the saying goes, UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ccfcway

if I was SISU i'd say...

"as a thank you for your loyal support,this will be a free to attend game, as it maybe your last chance to see Coventry City play in the City of Coventry until ???. We will be having a family day and we encourage you to bring your children and your parents and have a fun day out on us. We encourage everyone to embrace sport in Coventry by taking a selfie of themselves with the hashtag #cityofsport"

show everyone what they will be missing !!

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Here is "Trust" batting off my suggestion of action at Wasps on Twitter.... are they fit to represent us in the media?

The Trust hasn't been fit for purpose for a long time, let alone now.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Just go watch the game applaud the team at the end and go home like any other season.

NorthernWisdom

Just go watch the game applaud the team at the end and go home like any other season.
Forgive me... out of interest, this your real view or not?

I find it very, very bizarre that we could do this, when we might never get a chance to do that again. I'm not the violent or shouty type (will leave the latter to you ;)) but surely we can't just walk out and sod off home, never to return again?!?

Users who are viewing this thread