Final 7 prediction’s. (1 Viewer)

steve82

So we occupy 7th spot currently on 65pts, to me this is the one spot left up for grabs for sides to battle it out for from us, Mansfield 64pts, Swindon 64pts, Carlisle 61pts and Colchester 61pts to claim there spot.

Wycombe 74pts or Exeter 72pts are fighting out for the last a auto spot currently ahead of Notts County 70pts but a late surge from Lincoln 67pts with a game or two in hand with some could win that last spot in my opinion.

So basically 5 games left for us to better Mansfield, Swindon, Carlisle and Colchester’s results who have 4 games to play.

My top 7 prediction is

Accrington
Luton
Lincoln
--------------
Wycombe
Exeter
Notts County
Coventry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

So we occupy 7th spot currently on 65pts, to me this is the one spot left up for grabs for sides to battle it out for from us, Mansfield 64pts, Swindon 64pts, Carlisle 61pts and Colchester 61pts to claim there spot.

Wycombe 74pts or Exeter 72pts are fighting out for the last a auto spot currently ahead of Notts County 70pts but a late surge from Lincoln 67pts with a game or two in hand with some could win that last spot in my opinion.

So basically 5 games left for us to better Mansfield, Swindon, Carlisle and Colchester’s results who have 4 games to play.

My top 7 prediction is

Accrington
Luton
Lincoln
--------------
Wycombe
Exeter
Notts County
Coventry

Not sure on Lincoln. They have three tough matches, against us, Wycombe and Accrington.

Otis

Had a quick look.

They have Port Vale, who are still looking for safety, though they should be able to get the 3 points there. Then have Wycombe, so a massive crunch game.

They have Colchester, who might still fancy a late surge to the playoffs, us, Acrrington and Yeovil.

I can see maybe a couple of defeats there and maybe 1 or 2 draws.

steve82

I found this, gives a idea tho it shows this weeks midweek matches.

Lincoln are right up in the form table, as you say some tricky games but they all are at this point.

I fancy a strong finish from them.

c91fefa5734c642e410d28872e16655a.jpg

Otis

I found this, gives a idea tho it shows this weeks midweek matches.

Lincoln are right up in the form table, as you say some tricky games but they all are at this point.

I fancy a strong finish from them.

c91fefa5734c642e410d28872e16655a.jpg

I see if Colchester do well it may have a big bearing on how things finish in the table. Their last 4 matches.

Notts County
Lincoln
Swindon
Exeter

Londonccfcfan

Yup not so sure

My top 7 prediction is

Accrington
Luton
Lincoln
--------------
Wycombe
Exeter
Notts County
Coventry

Yup not so sure about lincoln.

It's the top 7 seven as it stands right now for me.

But no doubt plenty of twists and turns.

steve82

I see if Colchester do well it may have a big bearing on how things finish in the table. Their last 4 matches.

Notts County
Lincoln
Swindon
Exeter

Yup not so sure

Yup not so sure about lincoln.

It's the top 7 seven as it stands right now for me.

But no doubt plenty of twists and turns.

As Otis pretty much implied there is plenty of football to be played and various outcomes from 4 big games for the sides below.

I do actually believe Lincoln will have a strong finish which will propel them into the autos, tho hopefully they drop points here, that could be the difference between 3rd and 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

Wycombe have quite a tough finish & I can see them losing out on 3rd place. We are too far off now & my gut feeilng is that we will end up 7th. I don't think Notts County have it in them to get 3rd so that leaves Exeter & Lincoln for the last promotion place. Lincoln appear to have momentum behind them & if they react well to their Wembley success it might be enough to see them through to 3rd, if not I fancy Exeter to take it instead. That would leave us playing Exeter or Lincoln in the playoffs and Notts County playing Wycombe. It's getting interesting!

Otis

That’s at the back of my mind too. Only consolation is sky will feature it, but it’s not the same!

I just want the most winnable tie. Bugger all this how far we have to travel etc.

We want the draw that gives us the best possible chance of getting to the final.

What are we going to say, that we may have lost, but at least the place was closer and easier to get to?

;)

Hobo

Don't go on form with losers fighting for their lives, mid table people fucking off on holiday and top teams losing a grip of their arse

One game at a time, fuck predictions; because by next week they will be wrong!

Otis

Don't go on form with losers fighting for their lives, mid table people fucking off on holiday and top teams losing a grip of their arse

One game at a time, fuck predictions; because by next week they will be wrong!
Every week there is at least one surprise result. We lost 6-2 to Yeovil, Chesterfield beat Notts County easily and Mansfield gave away 4 goals in the half against Crewe.

Some results will be easy to predict, but others will surprises for sure.

steve82

I just want the most winnable tie. Bugger all this how far we have to travel etc.

We want the draw that gives us the best possible chance of getting to the final.

What are we going to say, that we may have lost, but at least the place was closer and easier to get to?

;)

Well...... if we could choose then I’d like Lincoln or Notts county as both away day experience was Brilliant, tho if we’re mapping a route to the final I’d rather face Wycombe or Notts County over Exeter and Lincoln

Otis

Well...... if we could choose then I’d like Lincoln or Notts county as both away day experience was Brilliant, tho if we’re mapping a route to the final I’d rather face Wycombe or Notts County over Exeter and Lincoln

Notts County would be the best. We owe them one and I should think the players are all riled up after the manner of the defeat there.

Last edited:

steve82

Notts County would be the best. We owe them one and I shiush think the players are all riled up after the manner of the defeat there.

It’s the perfect motivation that’s for sure, as the players came in for some treatment.

Let’s hope for County then!

I enjoyed the Forest bar anyway before the game

steve82

Well it all starts this weekend at lunch time with
Chesterfield v Mansfield
Accrington v Exeter
Colchester v Notts County
Crawley v Coventry
Morecambe v Carlisle
Newport v Swindon
Port vale v Lincoln
Yeovil v Wycombe

Some tricky games to predict

Last edited:

Otis

Chesterfield v Mansfield 1-1
Accrington v Exeter 0-0
Colchester v Notts County 2-1
Crawley v Coventry 1-1
Morecambe v Carlisle 2-0
Newport v Swindon 2-0
Port vale v Lincoln 1-1
Yeovil v Wycombe 1-3

steve82

Chesterfield v Mansfield 1-1
Accrington v Exeter 0-0
Colchester v Notts County 2-1
Crawley v Coventry 1-1
Morecambe v Carlisle 2-0
Newport v Swindon 2-0
Port vale v Lincoln 1-1
Yeovil v Wycombe 1-3

We’d still be in the playoffs!

Accrington 84
Luton -
Wycombe 77
--------------
Exeter 73
Notts County 70
Lincoln 68
Coventry 66
--------------
Mansfield 65
Colchester 64
Swindon 64
Carlisle 61

Otis

We’d still be in the playoffs!

Accrington 84
Luton -
Wycombe 77
--------------
Exeter 73
Notts County 70
Lincoln 68
Coventry 66
--------------
Mansfield 65
Colchester 64
Swindon 64
Carlisle 61

Yeah. Did notice that.

kapowaz

I’ve been keeping my little Predictor tool updated with results, and as we get closer to the end I feel like the giant margin of error in what it was predicting is starting to narrow (just a little bit). It’s probably still miles off, but after today this is what it’s coming up with as the final table:

uxBK4wd.png

Predicting two wins and two draws doesn’t seem completely unfathomable to me (it has us beating Stevenage and Morecombe, drawing with Cheltenham and Lincoln).

Otis

I’ve been keeping my little Predictor tool updated with results, and as we get closer to the end I feel like the giant margin of error in what it was predicting is starting to narrow (just a little bit). It’s probably still miles off, but after today this is what it’s coming up with as the final table:

uxBK4wd.png

Predicting two wins and two draws doesn’t seem completely unfathomable to me (it has us beating Stevenage and Morecombe, drawing with Cheltenham and Lincoln).

And overall this season we have been better at home. We now have 3 home games and just 1 away game left.

Londonccfcfan

Lincoln could struggle for that 7th place.

Mansfield have turned the corner with that massive away win in local derby.

The goal difference really concerns me. Would dread to think we miss out on GD. We just cannot afford to finish level with Mansfield. We have that one game cock up buffer.

All because of that pathetic performance vs Yeovil. Could really bite us in the bum.

1) Accrington we need them to keep on winning.
2) Luton
3) Notts County could well grab this now. 82 (3rd on GD)
4) Wycombe 82
5) Exeter
6) Coventry
7) Mansfield

Lincoln have a very tough run in, plus play 2 games a week now.

Tommo72

No way will Mansfield finish above Lincoln, they played probably the worst team in the league yday so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Despite having the easiest run-in I fully expect they will drop points and miss out.

Otis

Lincoln could struggle for that 7th place.

Mansfield have turned the corner with that massive away win in local derby.

The goal difference really concerns me. Would dread to think we miss out on GD. We just cannot afford to finish level with Mansfield. We have that one game cock up buffer.

All because of that pathetic performance vs Yeovil. Could really bite us in the bum.

1) Accrington we need them to keep on winning.
2) Luton
3) Notts County could well grab this now. 82 (3rd on GD)
4) Wycombe 82
5) Exeter
6) Coventry
7) Mansfield

Lincoln have a very tough run in, plus play 2 games a week now.
I too think Mansfield may have turned the corner. They have been on a terrible run and it's their first win in 10 I think.

They may have turned it round just at the right time.

Lincoln do still have to play Wycombe and ourselves. Lose both those and they could indeed miss out. They also have to play Accrington away. Tough run in.

Can't believe that Swindon are STILL only 3 points off the top 7.

Crazy!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
First win against a relegated team, hardly turned it around, still in our control, we need big players and cool heads the next few games, Friday is important ahead of the others playing

Tommo72

Swindon are done.

They have a fairly tricky game at Colchester and Accrington last game of the season. They need 9 pts - no chance.

Otis

First win against a relegated team, hardly turned it around, still in our control, we need big players and cool heads the next few games, Friday is important ahead of the others playing
Last home game Chesterfield played very well and beat Notts County easily.

It's amazing what one single win can do. Look at Notts County. On a very bad run of form, beat us and then suddenly win two in a row.

Otis

Swindon are done.

They have a fairly tricky game at Colchester and Accrington last game of the season. They need 9 pts - no chance.
Not saying they will make it. Not at all. Just saying that they are still only 3 points adrift.

It's unbelievable really.

smileycov

Facebook User
I personally think Wycombe will take 3rd comfortably, Exeter will pip county for 4 we will finish 6 and Mansfield will battle with lincoln for 7 spot!! Cov Exeter final

Users who are viewing this thread