Film Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I watched a film called Tyrannasuer , starring Peter Mullen and Olivia Colman.Directed by Paddy Considine
Very good

no_loyalty

Just got back from the Cinema, took my daughter to see Toy Story 4, it was ok but nowhere near as good as the first three.

Alkhen

Apollo 11 doc is incredible. The recently uncovered footage is so clear. Love the way there is no narrator just original film and radio/TV coverage

skyblue1991

Toy Story 4 today for me.

I am 27 years old and suspect I am not the youngest on this forum who is excited to see it!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Just got back from taking the grandkids.
Nearly welled up ffs!
Well, I took their parents to TS1 when they were the same age so seems like I've actually owned those toys myself.
The last 5 mins were much sadder than end of Toy Story 3, nearly cried myself!

Mr Panda

I'm looking forward to seeing 'Yesterday'. Looks uplifting. Let me know if you see it and if its worth a watch

Gazolba

Just watched "Don't Make Waves" from 1967.
Has Sharon Tate, Claudia Cardinale and Tony Curtis!
They don't make films like this today.
Here's a song from the soundtrack:

Last edited:

Gazolba

"Model Shop" from 1969 with Gary Lockwood, Anouk Aimee, and Alexandra Hay.
A wonderful, underrated film, set in mid 1960's Los Angeles.
Model-Shop-Movie-Poster-resized.jpg

Last edited:

vow

really enjoyed it, 2 actors I really like, not sure it's Oscar standard though.
Not seen Ali in anything before and I love Viggo M in everything, both were excellent in Green Book (which we watched last night).

Looking forward to seeing Ali in True Detective 3 v soon.

Green Book 9/10

covcity4life

really enjoyed it, 2 actors I really like, not sure it's Oscar standard though.
well oscar films sometimes overated like shape of water(which was enjoyable still)

this film really just flowed well with the 2 leads like you mentioned

i actually discovered M Ali in a tv show called 4400, knew he was talented then

clint van damme

Not seen Ali in anything before and I love Viggo M in everything, both were excellent in Green Book (which we watched last night).

Looking forward to seeing Ali in True Detective 3 v soon.

Green Book 9/10

thought True detective 3 was OK.
M. Ali is good in it.
The problem 2 and 3 have is living up to 1 which was brilliant and the two leads were outstanding.

Reactions: vow

vow

M. Ali is good in it.
The problem 2 and 3 have is living up to 1 which was brilliant and the two leads were outstanding.
Still not watched 2 or 3 yet as I read 2 was a bago'shite but 3 was better than 2!?

Agree with you on series 1, top TV!

clint van damme

Still not watched 2 or 3 yet as I read 2 was a bago'shite but 3 was better than 2!?

Agree with you on series 1, top TV!

2 was a total departure from 1 in terms of storyline.
3 resembled 1 more. Thought 2 and 3 were on.par with each other but not a patch on 1

Sbarcher

Deadwood the movie. It's been years since the tv series was canned without a conclusive ending. Almost all of the old cast are back and have given it a great send-off.

vow

Ralph Breaks the Internet

Middle aged man hangs around video arcade, befriends tiny girl and introduces her to the Internet. Nothing creepy about that at all!
Indeed, but is it any good!?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Came in to say Apollo 11.
Absolutely incredible. What a documentary.:emoji_thumbsup:
The soundtrack is perfect.
Does anyone know which cinemas this film is being shown on in and around warwickshire . I've just checked showcase in Coventry and Cineworld in rugby and it doesn't seem to be on .

chiefdave

Does anyone know which cinemas this film is being shown on in and around warwickshire . I've just checked showcase in Coventry and Cineworld in rugby and it doesn't seem to be on .
Think it must be a limited release. May be on TV sooner rather than later, its made by CNN and showing on TV in the States this weekend.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Think it must be a limited release. May be on TV sooner rather than later, its made by CNN and showing on TV in the States this weekend.
Thanks Chiefdave. It seems to be on in Brum, Telford and Cheltenham and other places further afield but not immediately around here. Might pop over to Brum and make a day of it.

covcity4life

M. Ali is good in it.
Nothing eill eve rbeat s1 eps 4. That last scene is just perfect tv. I did thibk s2 was alot better than people said though mind you

S3 was removed from demand before i got a chsnce to watch ir

covcity4life

Deadwood the movie. It's been years since the tv series was canned without a conclusive ending. Almost all of the old cast are back and have given it a great send-off.
Wtf its out??? Been on telly???

Oh sweet you downloaded it from sky woohoo!!!

Think later half of s2 dragged tbh but hppe film gives it a great send off

Gazolba

Thanks Chiefdave. It seems to be on in Brum, Telford and Cheltenham and other places further afield but not immediately around here. Might pop over to Brum and make a day of it.
I watched it (Apollo 11) yesterday evening.
If you were around at the time, it was much more dramataic as it was happening.
What took them over 50 years to put this together?
Not much new or interestng revealed, some colour footage of predominantly middle-aged white men in glasses congratulating themselves.
Almost no women or minorities in evidence anywhere. A reflection of the times.
The amazing thing is it was all accomplished before the era of personal computers or mobile phones.
Everything must have run on mainframe computers.
It would have been fascinating to hear about the computer programming involved but they never delved to that level.

dutchman

There was what was then known as a 'mini computer' on board Apollo 11 used for navigation. I think it had 8K of memory and could only be operated using machine code.
The chief computer programmer behind the whole mission was a black woman, Katherine Johnson.
220px-Katherine_Johnson_at_NASA%2C_in_1966.jpg

Katherine Johnson - Wikipedia

Reactions: vow

Ian1779

The last 5 mins were much sadder than end of Toy Story 3, nearly cried myself!

Watched it last night, excellent I thought. However for me the end of Toy Story 3 was better and more emotional.

bezzer

There was what was then known as a 'mini computer' on board Apollo 11 used for navigation. I think it had 8K of memory and could only be operated using machine code.
The chief computer programmer behind the whole mission was a black woman, Katherine Johnson.
220px-Katherine_Johnson_at_NASA%2C_in_1966.jpg

Katherine Johnson - Wikipedia

There's a fantastic film about Johnson and the other women involved in the Space race - Hidden Figures - Wikipedia

Adge

Watched it last night, excellent I thought. However for me the end of Toy Story 3 was better and more emotional.
Yep-pretty good on the whole but Toy Story 3 was better and still the best of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread