Film Thread 2018 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Mile 22 was pretty good, nice twist at the end

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Mile 22 was pretty good, nice twist at the end
I'll have a look at this Nick. Mark Wahlberg is one of my favourite actors (apart from that awful "Ted" thing!).

Nick

Administrator
It's just the typical action film you dont really need to think about. Some Karate, guns, woman UFC fighter, Maggie from walking dead blowing stuff up.

Houchens Head

It's just the typical action film you dont really need to think about. Some Karate, guns, woman UFC fighter, Maggie from walking dead blowing stuff up.
My kind of movie, then! :emoji_smile:

Houchens Head

Quick question.....……. why would they use a female fighter from Uxbridge Football Club?

Gazolba

If you liked the 'Death Wish' films with Charles Bronson (I loved them), there a new film that looks to be based on the same idea but it's a woman doing the retribution.
I only saw the trailer and it looked like it might be good.
Jennifer Garner is in it. It's called 'Peppermint'.
There's a trailer on Youtube (link below).
Just looked it up; the professional reviewers did not like it, but lots of (ordinary) people who saw it, loved it.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I just saw "A Simple Favor".
I chose it mainly because I thought my two daughters would like it (they like Anna Kendrick).
But it turned out to be a pretty good film.

dutchman

Every film ever made...

46520350_489109704913800_7019648064151355392_n.jpg

fellatio_Martinez

Watched Venom yesterday. I wanted to hate it and was expecting it to be awful but it wasn't.

I found it to be darkly funny and a bit slapstick at times. Tom Hardy was pretty much playing for laughs the whole film. The action was decent if a bit generic and it felt like two different films put together but overall it's a decent popcorn flick.

I can understand why comic book geeks might hate it because it's not rooted in the source material but fuck em'.
6.5/10

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Just watched Denzil Washington in Equalizer 2 on Kodi. Wasn't too bad at all. Plenty of fights, shootings and a twist (bit too obvious though), but all in all, quite enjoyed it. Also watched "12 Strong" the other night starring Chris Hemsworth. Very good if you like all action war films. Based on a true event which happened in Afghanistan just after 9/11. Again, worth a watch.

Otis

I don't go to the cinema anymore these days unfortunately and I nearly always way behind.

Just watched Paddington 2 and thought it was a wonderful film. Great fun.

Also just watched Netflix's Bird Box with Sandra Bullock, John Malkovitch and Tom Holander.

Watched it with my daughter and we both loved it.

Houchens Head

I haven't been to the cinema since "Monkeys in the Fog". I hate them. Too claustrophobic with too many 'munchers' chomping on popcorn etc. I tend to use Kodi a lot these days.

Ian1779

Watched Bird Box. Not read the book but thought it was good for what it was.

Otis

Yes.

Not sure you will like it, Nick, but I loved it.

Some mixed reviews, because some people like to see their great big, ugly, snarling monsters.

I've always been in the Hitchcock camp.

More tense than scary I would say, and maybe a couple of the speech pieces drag on a little too long, but Bullock and Hollander stand out and shine and it is very intriguing.

Definitely my kind of movie.

Houchens Head

Sounds like something I'd like Otis. I'll look out for it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I watched Billy Elliot the musical last night

clint van damme

Roma on Netflix. Absorbing despite slow pace and not obvious storylines etc

Bueatifully shot

Couldn't get into it at all and don't get the hype.
You're right about it being beautifully shot and watching it on the small screen didn't do it justice in that respect.

Nick

Administrator
Couldn't get into it at all and don't get the hype.
You're right about it being beautifully shot and watching it on the small screen didn't do it justice in that respect.
Seen the preview and wasn't for me. Not that bothered about films filmed to try and get as an Oscar and cinematic dragging on stuff.

clint van damme

Netflix releasing a film I've been waiting to see for years next year, the Irishman, an adaptation of one of my favourite books, I heard you paint houses. About the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.
Starring some of my favourite actors, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jo Pesci and Stephen Graham.
Been in the pipeline for years but filming completed now.

Nick

Administrator
Netflix releasing a film I've been waiting to see for years next year, the Irishman, an adaptation of one of my favourite books, I heard you paint houses. About the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.
Starring some of my favourite actors, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jo Pesci and Stephen Graham.
Been in the pipeline for years but filming completed now.
Just googled and looks quite interesting!

Houchens Head

Yes.

Some mixed reviews, because some people like to see their great big, ugly, snarling monsters.

More tense than scary I would say, and maybe a couple of the speech pieces drag on a little too long, but Bullock and Hollander stand out and shine and it is very intriguing.

Watched this last night on Kodi. Similar to the atmosphere of The Walking Dead's early days. Quite enjoyed it. I like Sandra Bullock. She can be both funny and serious, equally as well. It also left it open for a Birdbox 2 sequel?

CCFCSteve

Yes.

Decent film, enjoyed it.

A couple of others I saw over xmas. Wind River (Netflix), Shot Caller, Lowlife and brawl on cell block 99 (all sky). Last three brutal but good

Ps if people haven’t watched it Operation Odessa on Netflix (documentary)

Nick

Administrator
Decent film, enjoyed it.

A couple of others I saw over xmas. Wind River (Netflix), Shot Caller, Lowlife and brawl on cell block 99 (all sky). Last three brutal but good

Ps if people haven’t watched it Operation Odessa on Netflix (documentary)

Like the look of shot caller, will watch that!

I think I have seen the cell block 99 one, quite a shocking ending?

lifeskyblue

Went to see the second Mary Poppins today. The original was the first and only time I went to the pics with my mum and dad back in the 60s.
It was ok but not up to the original in either plot or songs...perhaps I’m just getting old. Loved the dick van dyck cameo. But the guy playing jack not up to van dyck’s Bert. But a decent feel good film great for grandparents, parents and grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread