Fighting spirit (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I thought we were great today. I’ve not seen us really ‘get at’ a side for a long time. We battered them.
On the replay, as he’s coming out with the ball, I’m sure I spied Bidwell telling their player who’d dived, to “get the fuck up”.
Loved that we really got into them. That tackle by Eccles in the first half!

Terry_dactyl

We bullied them today, don't think I've thought that about a Robins team before.
My thinking is that Robins knew they’d be tricky and young…sent us out with orders to scare the shit out of them.
At the risk of sounding like a Sunderland apologist, we were helped in this tactic by the ref. He let a lot go. Which is fine by me!

TomS91

My thinking is that Robins knew they’d be tricky and young…sent us out with orders to scare the shit out of them.
At the risk of sounding like a Sunderland apologist, we were helped in this tactic by the ref. He let a lot go. Which is fine by me!
They were also very lightweight. Talented front 4 but all very slight. Two centre mids the same.

skybluepm2

An entertaining read regarding their opinion of the referee from page 15 onwards.

a personal favourite;

Questions I have of the ref today:

1) why is a bloke from Northampton doing any Coventry game? They literally played their home games there a few seasons ago. It’s close by. There’s no reason for it. It’s not like there aren’t other refs available.

slowpoke

We are two or three players from our best team, had we not lost O’Hare with that ACL i’m certain we would be challenging right at the top end of this division.

Terry_dactyl

We are two or three players from our best team, had we not lost O’Hare with that ACL i’m certain we would be challenging right at the top end of this division.
I think we’ve been especially unlucky. O’hare out at the start cost us.
When O’hare and Fadz got injured we looked pretty much unbeatable.
I only hope Palmer’s injury won’t disrupt us in the same way.

Terry_dactyl

They were also very lightweight. Talented front 4 but all very slight. Two centre mids the same.
We roughed ‘em up. I genuinely love it…see other threads for my opinion on it. Just think a lot of refs nowadays would’ve given more fouls against us. Once we knew we’d get away with it, we carried on!

slowpoke

I think we’ve been especially unlucky. O’hare out at the start cost us.
When O’hare and Fadz got injured we looked pretty much unbeatable.
I only hope Palmer’s injury won’t disrupt us in the same way.
We have the choice of Godden or Maguire, might have to tweet how we play a bit but I think we’ll be okay.

zuni

I thought the ref gave them everything 1st 20mins and they just kept goino down and the ref lost patience with them, I did think they should have been a man down after what looked like he kicked out at a prone city player but I was wearing my contacts so it may not actually have been as bad as I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread