Fightback against the boo boys (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Next time our 'fans' turn on a player and start booing, after everyone else should cheer the bloke on or applaud. Let him know the fans are still there and don't all agree with the mindless idiots. Offer some encouragement.

Most players will react a lot more positvely to that and not get more wound up and edgey. No matter how badly they are playing.

After all, I thought they called us SUPPORTERS

ccfcway

McSherffrey, oh oh oh
McSheffrey, oh oh oh
He comes from Coventry,
He's better than John Hendrie (whos now 49 years old)

Astute

Just outsing the tossers. Let them know there are many more that care than don't

ccfcway

we all dream of a team of Edjenguele's, a team of Edjenguele's, a team of Edjenguele's

torchomatic

This is the first time I can remember on here when there's been some kind of backlash against the boo boys. Rightly so.

LewSkyBlue

To be fair, last night after the moaning, groaning and booing there were (sarcastic) cheers for players... the old pass the ball around and each player that gets a touch recieves a *wheyyy*..... but they managed to ruin that by giving the ball away. i dont condone booing but i can understand why people do it. They bring it on themselves sometimes.

skybluesam66

yes , but the cheering as we were passing the ball around yesterday, really sounded as if we were taking the piss, as we were so bad!!

kg82

I can never understand booing an individual. A team performance, yeah. But not an individual. I swear these people think it'll drive that player out the club. Not the brightest people in the world.

Evans020

To be fair, last night after the moaning, groaning and booing there were (sarcastic) cheers for players... the old pass the ball around and each player that gets a touch recieves a *wheyyy*..... but they managed to ruin that by giving the ball away. i dont condone booing but i can understand why people do it. They bring it on themselves sometimes.
I wouldn't say that, you will be called a tool and an idiot

Evans020

Why? He said he could understand it, not that he does it.

I never said I did it..but I said I don't condone people who do...is that not pretty much the same thing..yet I was called a tool for saying this and branding hussey our worst left back for years...am I wrong??

kg82

I never said I did it..but I said I don't condone people who do...is that not pretty much the same thing..yet I was called a tool for saying this and branding hussey our worst left back for years...am I wrong??

It's your opinion. I've definitely seen worse. I don't think you're a tool for saying it though.

torchomatic

In my opnion, yes I think you're wrong. Each to their own.

and branding hussey our worst left back for years...am I wrong??

LewSkyBlue

i dont condone people booing players. but i can understand why they do. Everyone and i mean everyone has at at least 1 game felt the urge to berrate, boo or shout at an underperforming player, and if you say you havent i would say your probably lying, weather you hold it in or not is different.

Astute

Shout yes, boo never. Shouting is spur of the moment. Booing a player during a game is not spur of the moment. It is thoughtless as well.

LewSkyBlue

shouting, booing, gesturing, chanting its all as bad as eachother imo. It doesnt help at all... booing a team performance after a game i personally think is ok but not singling 1 player out. boo boys should just be chucked in the bar and forced to watch the game on tv where they cant be seen or heard.

kg82

shouting, booing, gesturing, chanting its all as bad as eachother imo. It doesnt help at all... booing a team performance after a game i personally think is ok but not singling 1 player out. boo boys should just be chucked in the bar and forced to watch the game on tv where they cant be seen or heard.

Haha! Unfortunately that would leave about 10 fans in the ground!

@richh87

I've only come close to booing a player once - but didn't. Julian Gray (who's gone BTW) a few years ago away at Hillsborough. We were deep in a relegation fight with a few games left and he continually stepped out of the way of easy headers against a full back a good half a foot shorter. He simply didn't want to head a football. What a cock.

skyblue1523

i hate whats happening to our club but the booing must stop who would want to play at a club where the fans are always calling u.Other teams must love playing against us as we have no 12th man more like minus 10 rant over.pusb:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

ccfcway

I've only come close to booing a player once - but didn't. Julian Gray (who's gone BTW) a few years ago away at Hillsborough. We were deep in a relegation fight with a few games left and he continually stepped out of the way of easy headers against a full back a good half a foot shorter. He simply didn't want to head a football. What a cock.

Grays gone :eek:

@richh87

Simple, you hear people booing there own players,tell them to pack it in. If no notice taking a slap in the f###ing face should do the trick

Yep - anyone booing is a total cock. Are they too thick to realise that it's counter-productive?! The player being booed is likely to get worse, and his team mates are likely to get down about it too.

As for the Kevin Kyle thing the poor bloke tried but had f*ck all service. City fans made him a scapegoat

magic82ball

I don't get what the problem is with booing a player. In every day work, my employer will appraise my performance and feedback the positives and the negatives. This is so I am slowly ironed out to be the best I can be. I think booing a player is an extension of this.

By booing you are not insulting someones religion, racially abusing or calling the players mum a ho bag... you're just booing, are players so emotionally stunted that they will go home and cry about it? and as a supporter this is my way of giving feedback so players are left with no room for doubt what is expected and that underperforming won't be tollerated.

Why do people get their knickers in a twist about it? I would say it is every fans right.. nay, duty! to continue to let the players know that substandard performances aren't god enough for this club.

Big Mo

Didn't Mick Doyle give him a bollocking on the pitch for shirking challenges that night?

Covstu

I think the treatment hussey recieved on Tuesday was disgusting, the team played shocking but he was singled out. Yes he didn't p,ay well but he looked very nervous on the ball due to the booing. I was so glad he scored that penalty as I think that would have been the end of his city career.

I cannot see how this is constructive, we need to be backing our p,ayers not singling them out. This happened to best, bothroyd to name a few and they went on to bigger better clubs.

kg82

I don't get what the problem is with booing a player. In every day work, my employer will appraise my performance and feedback the positives and the negatives. This is so I am slowly ironed out to be the best I can be. I think booing a player is an extension of this.

By booing you are not insulting someones religion, racially abusing or calling the players mum a ho bag... you're just booing, are players so emotionally stunted that they will go home and cry about it? and as a supporter this is my way of giving feedback so players are left with no room for doubt what is expected and that underperforming won't be tollerated.

Why do people get their knickers in a twist about it? I would say it is every fans right.. nay, duty! to continue to let the players know that substandard performances aren't god enough for this club.

That's constructive. Booing a player, not constructive! At all. And completely different to your example.

Astute

Do you think you would be more productive at work if you had a couple of hundred idiots behind you insulting and booing you every time you tried to do something? Could you concentrate? Would you want to work in that situation?

skyblue4ever

Do you think you would be more productive at work if you had a couple of hundred idiots behind you insulting and booing you every time you tried to do something? Could you concentrate? Would you want to work in that situation?

precisely! It will only make things worse, its not rocket science.

valiant15

What bigger club did bothroyd go to? I can only think of cardiff&qpr,who imo aren't bigger clubs than us. This all getting a bit petty now,if our players actually showed some effort and played for 90 minutes they probably wouldn't get booed. They're grown men aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread