Fifa 21 (1 Viewer)

hill83

The Astro game that's pre-installed is lovely and really shows off the new controller

It's great. First game I've properly got the platinum trophy for except for the walking dead games that automatically platinum when you finish the story.
Fully stuck into the time trials as well, got up to 29th in the world on the first one.

ajsccfc

The bit where it starts raining and you really feel it in the controller is where the next-gen bit hit me properly. I can never be arsed collecting stuff in games but this is different, if there's a PS1 memory card knocking about somewhere I'm not resting until I find it

hill83

I had use a guide to complete them all, there's 6 or so hidden trophies that are ridiculous. Something you would never naturally do in game.

Frostie

Few nice little touches with the PS5 version of FIFA 21.

Graphically a huge improvement, neat new camera, much smoother animations, awesome cutscenes & load times are literally non existent.

The haptic feedback takes a bit of getting used to but is very clever how the button presses get heavier as the players tire etc.

My camera won't do it justice but here's next gen Josh Pask!
DSC_0370.JPG

Skybluefaz

Few nice little touches with the PS5 version of FIFA 21.

Graphically a huge improvement, neat new camera, much smoother animations, awesome cutscenes & load times are literally non existent.

The haptic feedback takes a bit of getting used to but is very clever how the button presses get heavier as the players tire etc.

My camera won't do it justice but here's next gen Josh Pask!
View attachment 17724
You rating it as a genuine marked improvement on the ps4 version then?

Frostie

You rating it as a genuine marked improvement on the ps4 version then?

If you don't go into it with unrealistic expectations then yeah.

You've got to remember, like almost all games at the moment, they're not truly 'next gen' as they're still building on the existing engines but the new hardware allows lots of nice little bells & whistles.

It's a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version so as long as you're not expecting it to be FIFA 22 then yeah, definitely recommend it.

Covstu

Just downloaded the ps5 version, wow!

looks and plays silky, it was clear that they loaded their attention on this version which makes a bit of a farce of the PS4 version but a marked step up.

ajsccfc

Bit of a pain that I need the PS4 disc to play it but every time it detects the disc it tries to start installing the old version, hope they patch that out of upgrade games

ajsccfc

I think if the disc is in when it's powered on it starts the install automatically and I have to manually stop it each time but if I put the disc in while it's already on it doesn't do anything. I'm hoping there's a way to stop it that I just haven't found yet as it's a (very minor, admittedly) annoyance

ajsccfc

OXswfGf.png

The new camera angle looks nice and you get more of a sense of the stadium you're in but it throws my depth perception right out the window. Long balls into touch, sliding tackles with yards to spare. McFadzean giving it loads there

Frostie

OXswfGf.png

The new camera angle looks nice and you get more of a sense of the stadium you're in but it throws my depth perception right out the window. Long balls into touch, sliding tackles with yards to spare. McFadzean giving it loads there

Yeah, love the new angle but certainly takes some getting used to!

Love the little animations they've added like that Fadz example you've posted, really adds a bit in terms of realism.

How are you finding playing as Cov?
I love how some of the individuals look & feel a lot more unique/authentic - particularly thinking of the likes of Dabo & Hamer.

ajsccfc

Hamer definitely feels all-action in it, I like McCallum in particular as well so far, feels like he could play anywhere across both flanks and be handy

ajsccfc

There's an odd noise it produces through the pad speaker like a tick, notice it when changing player but really not sure what they were going for with it.

Mr Panda

OXswfGf.png

Looks like the coop angle that I've changed FIFA games of years gone by to when playing online. Never liked how you couldn't see the runs of so many players in the traditional camera view, was so zoomed in

Covstu

There's an odd noise it produces through the pad speaker like a tick, notice it when changing player but really not sure what they were going for with it.
I know get the annoying automatic download of the PS4 version everytime I put in the dis. It doesn’t recognise that the ps5 version is already there so downloads the game again! I have paused it but it then won’t play online (not that I do)

Covstu

The new vibrations on the pad take some getting used too
I have now worked out the reasons for the stiffness on the controller. When your player gets tired the trigger buttons stiffen up more when you want him to run as if in protest! It’s quite clever. When you make subs and pass to the fresh players it loosens straight away.

ajsccfc

I know get the annoying automatic download of the PS4 version everytime I put in the dis. It doesn’t recognise that the ps5 version is already there so downloads the game again! I have paused it but it then won’t play online (not that I do)

It seems like if the console's on before the disc goes in it ignores it, if the disc is already in when it switches on it automatically kicks in so you have to go downloads, cancel and delete each time. I hope there will be an option patched in to make it a manual process when they do the next system update. One thing that FIFA needs to update is in night games using tele cam, shadows seem to appear and disappear so it looks as though the players are floating rather than in place

Covstu

It seems like if the console's on before the disc goes in it ignores it, if the disc is already in when it switches on it automatically kicks in so you have to go downloads, cancel and delete each time. I hope there will be an option patched in to make it a manual process when they do the next system update. One thing that FIFA needs to update is in night games using tele cam, shadows seem to appear and disappear so it looks as though the players are floating rather than in place
Yep it’s when I have played another game and then put the fIfa disc in, doesn’t see ps5 it sees it as a PS4 game which is irritatin. I am hoping if I pause the download it doesn’t go to the wrong game

ajsccfc

When it does that if you press start on the FIFA icon there's an option to choose the version. Bit of a ballache having to keep changing it back

Users who are viewing this thread