Fester top of the Prem (2 Viewers)

Rodders1

First post on here - just had to register!

I live in Leicester (originally from Rugby), but moved here as my wife is from the city. She doesn't give a monkeys about football but all her family are Leicester fans and me being the Cov season ticket holder regularly gets abuse at family gatherings!

I honestly think that Leicester fans seeing Cov in the top flight for 30+ years has made them hate us more than we hate them. (A visa versa with the Villa and Cov I think).

I actually think this city is great and very under-rated. HOWEVER - I really want Leicester to slip up, I don't think I could bare them getting into the Champions league let alone win the Prem. It's unthinkable. Yes part of me actually thinks fair play to them. But ultimately I just can't want anything other than relegation for them! And this is where the penny drops - We (Cov) are now in the same position as Leicester used to be - I really hope we don't have to watch the foxes in the top division for 30 years while we wallow down in the lower leagues.

pusbccfc

The Coventry v Leicester rivalry already seems to be dying off, which I couldn't care less about.

covcity4life

I live in Leicester (originally from Rugby), but moved here as my wife is from the city. She doesn't give a monkeys about football but all her family are Leicester fans and me being the Cov season ticket holder regularly gets abuse at family gatherings!

I honestly think that Leicester fans seeing Cov in the top flight for 30+ years has made them hate us more than we hate them. (A visa versa with the Villa and Cov I think).

I actually think this city is great and very under-rated. HOWEVER - I really want Leicester to slip up, I don't think I could bare them getting into the Champions league let alone win the Prem. It's unthinkable. Yes part of me actually thinks fair play to them. But ultimately I just can't want anything other than relegation for them! And this is where the penny drops - We (Cov) are now in the same position as Leicester used to be - I really hope we don't have to watch the foxes in the top division for 30 years while we wallow down in the lower leagues.

great post. a proper football fan! nice to meet you

beware of one post who will preach to you that you must get down the walkers every week because its whats best for football.

matesx

beware of one post who will preach to you that you must get down the walkers every week because its whats best for football.

you're just being silly now

rondog1973

its not about wanting big teams, its about not liking leicester. work with leicester fans and have some family who suppot them, they hate cov. so i hate them

i dont care that some leicester fans are nice ppl ffs, what is football without some rivalry? thats the essence of football too
Agreed. Have worked over at Magna Park and in the words of Alex Ferguson would love to see them "Knocked off their fucking perch".

Rodders1

Is anyone else dreaming about the day when we can sing "we'll meet again" at Villa Park when they're relegated to league one next season!

covcity4life

i am waiting for the day when i can phone my cousin and shout ahahah relegated and hang up

just like he did to my landline back in 2001

then we were 19

at 33 i will get my revenge!

rondog1973

I can't abide Leicester fans, hence the remark in my post, but I don't transfer that feeling to the team; they're doing extremely well for themselves, and to not recognise and encourage a team to buck the Premiership trend and capitalise on the big teams indifferent form is a trifle immature, imho. Their fans are arseholes, so what? Appreciate what they've achieved and let's hope a few more teams like Palace and Stoke can stick it to the complacent big boys.

To call Leicester our rivals is a bit much, really. We have only one true rival, and we'll be playing them next season.

Wouldn't agree with this. Few can deny that Villa are a bigger club than us, but then they bloody well should be!

Leicester are more contemporaries of ours due to the size of the respective cities, fan base etc.

Villa have bigger fish to fry with their cross city rivals, not to deny that if we are playing them next season there won't be a lack of mutual antagonism.

Some Leicester fans consider Forest and Derby as bigger rivals although I think this is based on geographical factors with 'interface' areas like Hinckley a location where the Cov/Leicester rivalry is most keenly felt.

ccfcmad1

My exact feelings I know a good few Leicester fans is there mid 40's who really do hate cov with a passion and have openly admitted thay during our prem days FA cup win they were nowhere to be seen and got a lot of stick suppose the tables have turned let's hope they do again!

Last edited:

matesx

Leicester fans is there mid 40's who really do hate cov with a passion

about time they grew up then ffs

Joy Division

Fair play to Leicester. There' not really our rivals on the grand scale of things, yes there are probably crossover fans who have a bit of rivalry between each other but they always see Forest/Derby as their rivals as far as I'm aware. Same way Villa really dont see us as rivals.

I actually think it would be great for football if Leicester managed to stay there, I'd rather them win it than the usual rich sugar-daddy teams.

covcity4life

My exact feelings I know a good few Leicester fans is there mid 40's who really do hate cov with a passion and have openly admitted thay during our prem days FA cup win they were nowhere to be seen and got a lot of stick suppose the tables have turned let's hope they do again!

and now their are new age cov fans who want vardys cock in their mouths lol

how times change

derbyskyblue

Good. I hope they stay there and win the premier league. It would be the best thing that has happened in football.
In many ways grendel is spot on. To have a team win it other than chelsea, man u or arsenal would be a good thing for football. i remember when forest came from the old 3rd division to win the league in under 4 years. Wimbledon coming from non league to win the fa cup. If someone could break the monopoly they have wouldn't it be great for footy and give a little hope for all teams that maybe....just maybe...

Astute

I have 2 brothers that are Fester supporters. We are all in our 40's. The only proper rivalry is between ourselves. They have never seen us as their local rivals. And we have closer rivals to them.

The rivalry is in our own heads. No other team has the majority of their supporters that sees us as their main local rival. But there will always be a lower percentage of supporters at clubs that do

covcity4life

it doesnt matter if they are huge rivals or not, they are clearly rivals though to alot of cov fans so cant expect those cov fans to kiss leicesters arse

i mean look at the people who salivate at villas relegation(a good many of us!) but its been said many a time they dont care about us

just ask yourself if you would be happy with villa winning the league?

Grendel

it doesnt matter if they are huge rivals or not, they are clearly rivals though to alot of cov fans so cant expect those cov fans to kiss leicesters arse

i mean look at the people who salivate at villas relegation(a good many of us!) but its been said many a time they dont care about us

just ask yourself if you would be happy with villa winning the league?

If villa won the league to me it's the same as Leicester. It would be good as it would break the ideology that exists which makes you think only the mega rich can ever win a premier league title.

It would stop this dross about it being the best league in the world.

Oh and it would put the midlands on the football map again.

lifeskyblue

Wish it weren't Leicester (Stoke, palace, soton or baggies would be better) but they are there and I hope they stay ahead of the 'big boys'. Would love to see mourinhio, we get and van gaal with egg on their faces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodders1

Honestly I wish I could feel like that about Midlands football. But I just can't bring myself to want that to happen. I'd much prefer the big boys to win the league than the foxes, villa, wolves, baggies etc.

Nick

Administrator
Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit either way? It would be good to see different teams win it and be a closer league, but I won't lose sleep unless it is the league we are in :)

Rodders1

It's all relative. Compared to us Leicester are a Chelsea / Man City. This is organic growth, and now with the relaxed ffp rules just watch the foxes spend spend spend. I feel sick.

Rodders1

Am I the only one who doesn't really give a shit either way? It would be good to see different teams win it and be a closer league, but I won't lose sleep unless it is the league we are in :)

I'd quite happily see an Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle win the league. Leicester absolutely not!

mechaishida

chat shit get banged!
Again, flawless logic, you must get banged more than a monk's drum then. Dirty, dirty little gyppo. If enough cretins agree with you, does it make you correct? Try not to go all cross-eyed thinking about that. Are you the type that shits the bed, but tries to blame it on the neighbour? Cos' wow, you're just so amazing and infallible. Irony isn't lost on you at all, is it? Now, quick, rally the cov elites down the Nisa, there's anuvver anti-cov nob in da forumz prayzing uvver teamz, i wuz neva confoosed, uncle biffa put the toofbrush up my ass honist, cov4life!!!! lols rofl etc I really, truly pity you.

H

Huckerby

Again, flawless logic, you must get banged more than a monk's drum then. Dirty, dirty little gyppo. If enough cretins agree with you, does it make you correct? Try not to go all cross-eyed thinking about that. Are you the type that shits the bed, but tries to blame it on the neighbour? Cos' wow, you're just so amazing and infallible. Irony isn't lost on you at all, is it? Now, quick, rally the cov elites down the Nisa, there's anuvver anti-cov nob in da forumz prayzing uvver teamz, i wuz neva confoosed, uncle biffa put the toofbrush up my ass honist, cov4life!!!! lols rofl etc I really, truly pity you.
Why are you such a weirdo?
"Chat shit get banged" was a facebook post from Jamie Vardy (who is obviously a bit of a chav) years ago that resurfaced recently and went viral. Obviously that was lost on you. You joined like a month ago and have nothing but 600 posts of getting angry. Relax.

mechaishida

Why are you such a weirdo?"Chat shit get banged" was a facebook post from Jamie Vardy (who is obviously a bit of a chav) years ago that resurfaced recently and went viral. Obviously that was lost on you. You joined like a month ago and have nothing but 600 posts of getting angry. Relax.
Uh huh, righto bruv. I don't use Facebook, it's for fucktards and attention-seekers, which explains a lot about the members-base of this place. When a chavvy little shithouse like covcity4life doesn't read shit properly and then revels in the glory when his ballbag pals join in the fun, yeah that tends to get most people worked up. Don't fucking tell me how to act or feel, is that clear? If you had an iota of brain power you'd see why I'm having a go at him. There's a lot that's lost on you and your kind, irony for one thing, so you do the relaxing bruv whilst you wait for the 'likes' to roll in. Safe.

Nick

Administrator
Uh huh, righto bruv. I don't use Facebook, it's for fucktards and attention-seekers, which explains a lot about the members-base of this place. When a chavvy little shithouse like covcity4life doesn't read shit properly and then revels in the glory when his ballbag pals join in the fun, yeah that tends to get most people worked up. Don't fucking tell me how to act or feel, is that clear? If you had an iota of brain power you'd see why I'm having a go at him.There's a lot that's lost on you and your kind, irony for one thing, so you do the relaxing bruv whilst you wait for the 'likes' to roll in. Safe.
I think you need to step back from the keyboard and chill out a bit, after you have climbed down from your high horse.

H

Huckerby

I think you need to step back from the keyboard and chill out a bit, after you have climbed down from your high horse.

So, at what point do we contact the authorities for his own safety?

Users who are viewing this thread