Feeling good. (1 Viewer)

Joelly

Seems 80% of the threads are complaining about Thorn or players etc..

I for one think the start to the season has been good and we have reason to be optimistic.

I was at the game today and after a slow first half, we played some good football and probably deserved the win, against some peoples favourites to go up.

And on Saturday, we drew 1-1 with Yeovil who today beat Brentford 3-1 away and have beaten a Colchester (league 1) 4-0 in the Capital One Cup.

Anyone else agree with me that this has been a solid start?

pusbccfc

I'm not sure... Decent results but poor performances. We will improve as the weeks go o with all the new signings. Also the league is quite different it will take time.

Martin180

Two games in and the tide is turning ,always find it funny how the majority call for patience and to allow the side to settle yet after three games (unbeaten) we are doomed and thorn is shit

Promising signs and a better squad than last year form me , roll on Saturday :)

kg82

I completely agree but you'll get shot down on here for stating such slanderous things.

brinner

i thinks its been a decent start, unbeaten so far without really playing well.

will get better as the games go on and the side gets to know eachother am hoping by the end of september we will be playing like we did for the 1st 25 mins of the second half for the majority of most games and if we do then we will be there or there abouts come april.

Martin180

Some posters will claim we have dropped points instead of what we have gained .It has been shown in the 3 points for a win era that you are never out of the promotion picture .Many sides in January have been languishing in the bottom half of their tables only to turn it round and go on an amazing run into the promotion picture .
PUSB

Céu Azul

I really enjoyed the game tonight and am looking forward to Saturday. Think Sheff Utd and Yeovil will both do ok this season so could be decent results. Shame we couldn't hold on tonight but I think there were plenty of positive signs. Had to move from my season ticket seat today during the first half as was so sick of some of the moaning and negative shit. People booing two games in and expecting to be hammering teams after about 15 mins. Pathetic. We have a lot of new players and still after a couple more it seems. I think given time to gel we will have a good season and have a very good chance of finishing top 6. I imagine people will be booing again and going mental if we're not 3-0 up at half time v Bury.

Nonleagueherewecome

Actually, this is us being positive! The only people complaining are the ones that have already made their minds up and don't want to be proven wrong.

dongonzalos

I for one think the start to the season has been good and we have reason to be optimistic.

I was at the game today and after a slow first half, we played some good football and probably deserved the win, against some peoples favourites to go up.

And on Saturday, we drew 1-1 with Yeovil who today beat Brentford 3-1 away and have beaten a Colchester (league 1) 4-0 in the Capital One Cup.

Totally agree, our strength will be the second half of the season. When other teams suffer injuries, our squad will be our strength.

The biggest bonus for me will be set pieces. Wood and Malaga will be a massive goal threat for us. We did not have that last season.

There will also be the odd time that whilst they are causing chaos cody will nick goals.

I am very happy with draw away in very first game and draw at home against the favourites to win this division.

This is s nice platform for our first victory.

Macca

I prefer not to place myself in a black and white situation or in one camp or another as seems to be the requirement on here. I see some decent players, good play in patches, ineffective for good periods as well. In reality the last 2 results are fine ( if yeovil and Sheff utd are the teams we think they are) so long as we win games like Bury on Saturday. A better picture will be after 10 or 12 games once the gelling factor is over. Win the games we should win and avoid defeat in the tougher games and we could challenge

Been a good start but has to be followed up with a win against bury, we don't want to be waiting to long before we win at the ricoh as the fans will turn quickly.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Looking at last nights result, and the team we played yesterday, they are one of the favourites to go up but to be honest they didn't threaten much, they probably played a little bit more better football than us but in saying that in patches we played them off the park and was overall pleased with the result should of won but never the less pleased.

Also was thinking last night if these are one of the best teams we will come up against, I don't actually see us loosing many games at all, maybe 9 or 10 because we look harder to beat now and keep our shape for the whole game and our fitness has improved and many of them really want to do well for us, so I for one am looking forward to the rest of the season, PUSB

Astute

We drew away at Yeovil. They won 1-3 last night. Last night we drew against the favourites to win this division. They won their other game. We might have only drawn both games so far, but they could have been 2 of our hardest games of the season.

I do have one thing to add though. Most people will see what my lad said about Jennings was right. He also said Jennings was a better signing than Fleck. He said Fleck will have some good games for us, but says he will have games where you hardly notice he is on the pitch. The good will outweigh the bad, but don't expect him to be our saviour. Saying that he is young enough to improve. I will make my own decisions about Fleck once he is in the team and gets a run without injuries.

chiefdave

We drew away at Yeovil. They won 1-3 last night. Last night we drew against the favourites to win this division. They won their other game. We might have only drawn both games so far, but they could have been 2 of our hardest games of the season.

you also have to consider that on Saturday we had a clear pen not given and last night the ball looked about a foot over the line from where I was. if we'd have a couple of better officials we might be looking at 2 wins out of 2. it's such a narrow margin so you have to hope these things even out over the season as people always say they do.

big match on Saturday. get a decent win and that will be 5 points from 9 (keep that up for the season and we'd be in the play offs) and 4 games unbeaten. lose and you just know the reaction there will be and 2 points from 9 is relegation form!

Astute

I try and look at results, not what could have been. We could have had a few against Yeovil, but didn't play a few goals better than them.

thechase

This league seems to be that anyone can beat anyone so remaining unbeaten is no mean feat. With so many new players and a tough start im happy so far.

Black6Osprey

Daggers we were very poor so I'm led to believe (Wasn't there). Yeovil (I was there) and we were pretty poor and couldn't keep hold of the ball, although we did carve out a few good chances. Last night first half was again very poor but much improved in the second half. I'm happy we haven't lost as we haven't exactly been on fire yet so if we can raise our game a bit more and play more like the second half more often then we could do well. Thorn says the bar has been set after last night, well I wouldn't go that far unless he's got the five a side goals out.

Last edited:

Astute

We don't need Jennings to improve. Just to get up to match fitness. The only way a player like him can get fit is by playing as he don't stop for 90 mins.

Danny Wilson of Sheff Utd was delighted with their performance against us describing it as "brilliant".

That reassures me as if that is what the promotion favourites call brilliant we should be ok when the new boys settle in. We were truly awful first half and a second half improvement saw us dominate the second half until the legs went after about 70 mins.

The fact is that Sheff Utd also looked a very poor side as a good one would have buried the game after 45 mins, so bring on the rest!

stupot07

Danny Wilson of Sheff Utd was delighted with their performance against us describing it as "brilliant".

That reassures me as if that is what the promotion favourites call brilliant we should be ok when the new boys settle in. We were truly awful first half and a second half improvement saw us dominate the second half until the legs went after about 70 mins.

The fact is that Sheff Utd also looked a very poor side as a good one would have buried the game after 45 mins, so bring on the rest!

Sheffield United certainly weren't 'very poor' - they controlled the game for bar our 20 minute spell, and of it wasn't for Woods 2 goal line clearances in the first half the game would have been dead and burried.

If Sheffield utd are 'very poor' then we must be absolute garbage.

Diehard Si

I was pissed off at lost points to Yeovil and kind of feel the same again about Sheff Utd. They are 4 lost points, no 2 ways about it.

I don't know whether it is cobwebs, or lack of confidence and self belief following relegation, but we're not firing on all cylinders yet for the whole 90 minutes. We played well midway in the 1st half v Yeovill and finished brightly too. We played well for about 20 mins last night around the hour mark.

But there are signs there of a good season. The likes of Malaga, Clarke, Jennings, McDonald, Elliott, Barton and Wood have all put in at least 1 good performance. But the cobwebs are taking a while to be blown off, the nervous jitters and the lapses in concentration have hindered us. We've also had some bad decisions against us.

In Thorn we have probably an average manager. He has tactical downfalls, but also has managed to keep squad morale high despite SISU's best efforts and has assembled a good squad. We can't afford Jose or Fergie though, he's a shoestring manager for a shoestring club.

We have the makings of a good side here, we just need some SELF BELIEF! The only way this will come is with wins. The longer we go without the more it will turn into a bad season, but a few wins and confidence will start to flow and I think then this team will thrive.

skyblue1523

i agree the squad needs time to gel,we have not lost yet this season which is good and we still have'nt played our best squad. players missing fleck thomas cyrus clarke will all be 1st teamers when fit.I do think we will have a very good season once the team gel and we play our best eleven.:):):):):)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is a satisfactory start, however I would disagree that we deserved to win purely on the first half when we could have been 2/3 goals down

kg82

Funny isn't it. If the performances had been the opposite, as in we had been sheff utd and vice versa, I would bet my right hand they would have had more than a 20 minute spell and we still wouldn't have deserved the win!

Macca

Funny isn't it. If the performances had been the opposite, as in we had been sheff utd and vice versa, I would bet my right hand they would have had more than a 20 minute spell and we still wouldn't have deserved the win!

When I understand that I'll reply ;)

skybluedaze

I agree. The pressure must be heavy on the players shoulders, what with the weight of expectancy, so it was always going to be an uneasy start. With that in mind and all the new guys 2 draws from the first 2 games is ok. Could have easily won both as well. A win on Saturday and things will look even better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread