February - Make or break month. (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

After our two remaining home league fixtures this month Swindon and Cambridge at Home. Minimum 4 points required.

Sod the cup game as far as I’m concerned that is not important in the slightest other than a pay day and decent day occasion.

This looks like season defining month. Playing 5 teams in the promotion chase.

FGR (Away) - Which won’t be a walk over. Win
Accrington (home) Win
Colchester (Away) Draw
Luton (Home) Win
Mansfield (Away) Draw

Possible midweek re arranged game vs Wycombe (Away) lose

We would need 10 points from these Games minimum. I’m confident we would get at least three.
Lose to some of these teams especially Accrington/ Mansfield/ Wycombe isn’t worth thinking about.

steve82

I think the next 8 games will indicate where we will finish. Some real tricky big games.

Swindon, the form side of the division on away results plus they generally win at the Ricoh, then Cambridge who are no great shakes but that spells trouble in it own right before we get to February.

A big January window now to try and find a goal scoring No 9 to chip in.
Will MR wheel and deal to strengthen?

Otis

After our two remaining home league fixtures this month Swindon and Cambridge at Home. Minimum 4 points required.

Sod the cup game as far as I’m concerned that is not important in the slightest other than a pay day and decent day occasion.

This looks like season defining month. Playing 5 teams in the promotion chase.

FGR (Away) - Which won’t be a walk over. Win
Accrington (home) Win
Colchester (Away) Draw
Luton (Home) Win
Mansfield (Away) Draw

Possible midweek re arranged game vs Wycombe (Away) lose

We would need 10 points from these Games minimum. I’m confident we would get at least three.
Lose to some of these teams especially Accrington/ Mansfield/ Wycombe isn’t worth thinking about.

It's a bit of a lottery, but I expect us to lose to Mansfield and I don't think we will beat Luton.

I think we can win at Colchester and against Accrington though. We sure as hell need to sort out output away form soon. It's been shockingly bad lately.

Last edited:

Otis

I think that the games over the next 4 months will be critical. If we can get enough points from these games then we may get promoted.
You could well be right. That will take us pretty much past the end of the season won't it? And if we get enough points that I believe will leave us on more points than our rivals.

Critical for sure.

Cavan O'Doherty

I think that the games over the next 4 months will be critical. If we can get enough points from these games then we may get promoted.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread