Feb 27th 1999 (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

Tomorrow is my 60th birthday and made me think of my birthday in 1999 with my father at Villa Park and winning comfortably 4-1.
Dion Dublin scored for them, think it was a penalty.
It was mayhem outside the ground afterwards but a great atmosphere and went back to Dunchurch for a few beers to celebrate. Happy days !!!
Where the hell has 22 years gone and only seems like yesterday. Makes me feel old !!
Let's hope for a similar win at Blackburn tomorrow and can celebrate at home watching the Iplayer
PUSB

Last edited:

cc84cov

Tomorrow is my 60th birthday and made me think of my birthday in 1999 with my father at Villa Park and winning 4-1.
It was mayhem outside the ground afterwards but a great atmosphere and went back to Dunchurch for a few beers to celebrate. Happy days !!!
Where the hell has 22 years gone and only seems like yesterday. Makes me feel old !!
Let's hope for a similar win at Blackburn tomorrow and can celebrate at home watching the Iplayer
PUSB
Great day Dublin scored a pen for them yeah,Aloisi got 2 for us I think Boateng also scored that day

clint van damme

Tomorrow is my 60th birthday and made me think of my birthday in 1999 with my father at Villa Park and winning 4-1.
PUSB

Nearly never went as I was hanging after the boxing the night before (Dean Pithie fought down the sports centre).

Glad I did. Great day. Didn't see much happening afterwards though we got a bus back to town and got accosted by an absolute fruit cake on the bus much to the amusement of the Villa fans seated around us.

bringbackrattles

Tomorrow is my 60th birthday and made me think of my birthday in 1999 with my father at Villa Park and winning comfortably 4-1.
PUSB
My birthday tomorrow too. 67 years young !

bawtryneal

Happy birthday for tomorrow BBR. Have a good un
My wife just brought me through my first present. Has booked me in for my first covid vaccine jab on March 10th and the second top up on on May 26th via the NHS website. All very effecient and impressive. Only good thing I can think about being 60
Do we get a discount on next years season ticket 😀

bringbackrattles

My wife just brought me through my first present. Has booked me in for my first covid vaccine jab on March 10th and the second top up on on May 26th via the NHS website. All very effecient and impressive. Only good thing I can think about being 60
Thanks. Probably be a quiet one seeing can't go anywhere. My son owes me a few bob and he is keeping a low profile as usual ! So bet it'll be a phone call instead. But I'm just happy to still be around to be honest, never thought I'd make it to 67, bloody miracle. My customers tell me I'll still be cleaning windows in my 80's, but most of them are on drugs so I take that with a pinch of salt ! 😄

Johhny Blue

PUSB
Welcome to the 60’s club.
Happy Birthday to both of you

robbiethemole

PUSB

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Bawtry, are you having a big party and family round???

play_in_skyblue_stripes

PUSB
Hi Bawtry,
Happy Birthday to you. Yes it's quite shocking how years that go by accelerates It's frightening. I missed that 4-1 as on holiday . I checked the score of the game literally outside the Coliseum in Rome. I could not believe it. That must have been some game and evening.
Hope you have a nice day and book yourself another day to celebrate when covid has reduced.

ccfctommy

PUSB

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

Fergusons_Beard

PUSB

Happy Birthday BNl!

Shame you couldn’t have it celebrating at Blackburn (or at the China Rose ).

All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moff

PUSB

Happy 60th Birthday BN! Hope you have a great day.

Whilst I’m ten years your junior, on the theme of where have the years gone, whilst both you, me and several thousand others were at that game and loving the result, we also saw the first team debut of Gary McSheffrey that day.

So just to make us feel old, in the time since we have seen McSheffreys career start and finish, him leave, come back, and leave again!

bringbackrattles

On the subject of vaccine jabs, I've got mine on Tuesday next week. Not through choice but heard without it you wont be able to go to the pub or football when it returns. So thought sod that I'll have it and hopefully then can return to some normality. Happy birthday to us both !

Travs

I remember the 4-1 game... it was not far off being the peak i've what i've seen watching City.

The 1-0 in the cup the year before, we deserved, but it was between two closely matched teams.

But the 4-1 we really were the best team in the Midlands.

Dublin took some awful stick off the City fans, myself included, which looking back was quite regretful.

Great day. I remember it being somewhat lively outside.

Bad Boy

PUSB
Happy 60th bawtryneal, the years certainly fly by.
Great day at Villa Park all those years ago.
Enjoy your day.

OldBedrocker

Happy birthday to you both.
Can’t believe that game was 22 years ago!!
I was in the Villa stand (listed one to the right of the city fans) as a supplier had taken a group of us I thought May as well go for the free beer as pay to watch us lose at VP again. How wrong was I? Had to sit on my hands as we kept scoring but by the time the 4th went in most of them had left so I celebrated like I was in the West End 🤣

wingy

Happy 60th Birthday BN! Hope you have a great day.

Whilst I’m ten years your junior, on the theme of where have the years gone, whilst both you, me and several thousand others were at that game and loving the result, we also saw the first team debut of Gary McSheffrey that day.

So just to make us feel old, in the time since we have seen McSheffreys career start and finish, him leave, come back, and leave again!
The perverse side of this is that Mcsheff was around.half as old as you back then .
Now he's almost two thirds of it.🤔

Happy birthday to the sexogenarians!!

Adge

Nearly never went as I was hanging after the boxing the night before (Dean Pithie fought down the sports centre).

Glad I did. Great day. Didn't see much happening afterwards though we got a bus back to town and got accosted by an absolute fruit cake on the bus much to the amusement of the Villa fans seated around us.
Yes-was at the sports centre that night too. Can’t remember who he was fighting-some black fighter?
Shame how it turned out for Pithie (and Richard Evatt) a figure of his former self when I’ve seen him in passing.

oscillatewildly

PUSB
Was there and the previous season when we recorded our first ever victory at VP, in the cup.
For a few seasons we always went back to the Kynoch club afterwards as a couple of our group were work colleagues of a couple of Villa supporters (and decent chaps they were/are too) and they'd pay for a spread to be put on for us.
I remember their reaction after the first victory - something along the lines of: "Ah but you've never beaten us in the league here".
It didn't take too long for us to shake that monkey off our back!
P.S. Happy Birthday for y'day, bawtry!

oscillatewildly

I was at that fight too, Clint. Even tho he lost that evening I thought Pithie's career would pan out better.
Then again, I think you need look no further than his 'management' to realise why it didn't.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Belated greeting BN and to you BBR! Welcome to the Old Git's Club! I'll be 68 in June and looking forward to my 70th. Age is just a number, and it's true what BBR says, you do seem to get treated better with age! We now have a cracking little bungalow in Malvern after living in flats since we left Cov 11 years ago. Our choice though. We loved the Isle of Wight but it's nice to have a little place with your own garden!

Users who are viewing this thread