Favourite music / group and why? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My brother is one of the biggest wind up merchants going and if someone rang up to say "Tell Phil I think he's great!" he would have loved that!
Phil Oakey? Don't make me laugh!
smileyslaughing_lol_point_left_100-107_zps114eba69.gif

smileyslaughinganimal_duck_lol_100-100_zpsbd7c1071.gif

olderskyblue

Stones, Beatles

free, bad company, Roxy music, Black Sabbath, Captain beefheart, Queen, Bowie, pink floyd, cream, taste, ZZ top, moody blues, T-Rex, jeff beck

ABC, beach boys, yazoo, Fine young cannibals, talking heads, police, OMD, U2

off the top of my head....

Latest would be snow patrol, killers, Green day, Blink 182, damien rice, seasick steve

reminds me, soon be time to pay up for glastonbury....

Covstu

And when did he supposedly have worked at Hits and Misses? The years?

80's as I understand it! sorry houch I cannot give you the specific times he had his lunch breaks though!

Don't know the details to be honest but I know he worked there and used to make his own guitars, he plays at local folk clubs in cov at the moment. We see Philip every year when they tour in Wolverhampton in December, bit before my time but they are great live.

Covstu

Not sure if this attachment will work!!!

Attachments

• 2012-12-02 23_18_36.jpg
    2012-12-02 23_18_36.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 17

hemelsky

Off the top of my head:
Classical - Wagner, Bruckner, Tchaikovsky, Glass, Reich
Rock - Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Lou Reed, Marillion, Pulp, Genesis (until Gabriel left), Peter Gabriel, Moody Blues, Roxy Music, Snow Patrol, Muse, Dexy's, Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel, Tangerine Dream, The Clash, Buzzcocks

Best gig ever - The Clash/Buzzcocks/|Subway Sect in St Albans 1977
Weirdest gigs ever - Throbbing Gristle - Butler's Wharf (1979 or 1980) and Oundle Public School (I wasn't a pupil!)

Covstu

80's as I understand it! sorry houch I cannot give you the specific times he had his lunch breaks though!

Don't know the details to be honest but I know he worked there and used to make his own guitars, he plays at local folk clubs in cov at the moment. We see Philip every year when they tour in Wolverhampton in December, bit before my time but they are great live.

my error it was strings and things, he used to own it!

SallyCinnamon

Stone Roses (Can you guess??)., The Verve, Noel Gallagher, The Charlatans, pretty much anything straight out of Mancheseter (Or Leicester in the case of Kasabian!!)

SallyCinnamon

Well aware of that. Close enough though - still comes under Greater Manchester. And thanks for the seal of approval Sir Garrison :guitar2:

Users who are viewing this thread