Favourite & Least Favourite Films of all time (1 Viewer)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Ok so here are the rules... I want to know your favourite and least favourite movies you have ever seen. (Only pick 1 of each if you can help it)

Hopefully we can learn some good films we have never seen as well as laugh at some truely cruddy ones
biggrin.gif

For me my Favourite is: The City Of God (imdb.com/title/tt0317248/)
And my worst is: Anacondas (imdb.com/title/tt0366174/)

Nick

Administrator
Hmmm favourite ever? It changes all the time so I can't think of one at the minute :(

Worst has to be Snakes on a Plane or Bruno!

simmouk

Administrator
My favourite film of all time is The Italian Job (the original 1969 one mind you, not the bloody remake which was set in America!!!)

As for the worst film of all time...I can't think of one! Even the bad ones I find funny because they're so bad, so I get something out of them! haha.

dutchman

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965 version)

The remake is a good action movie but doesn't have any of the drama of the original.

"If you needed more water why didn't you just come right out and ask me for it?"
"Because you wouldn't have given it to me."
"You're damned right I wouldn't have given it to you!"

Worst movie ever watched all the way through: Mamma Mia!

I have seen even worse but I usually gave up watching after 15-20 mins. The French & Saunders version for Comic Relief is pretty much how the original sounded to me.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im a sci fi nut all the way and love action films aswell.ive a few favs, lord of the rings, transformers, fast and furious, jet lis fearless and 300 oh district 9 also lol.

not favs cant thunk of any yet too many lol. any of ye wanna watch films online for free here ye go great site:

http://www.movies-links.tv/

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Favourite films: Ace Ventura, Face Off, James Bond, LOTR, Star Wars

I can't really think of a particularly bad film I've watched... I avoid your High School Musicals, your Mamma Mias and your Sex and the City's like the plague so I haven't seen many horrifically bad movies to be fair!

skyblueprincess

Fav film of all time has to be Football Factory ........mmmmmmm Danny dyer !! yum yum

Worst film EVER ...... Bloody valentine 3D ....... And i had to travel to Leicester to watch it lol

skybluedan

one of me worst was deep impact just was,nt what i thought it was gonna be:eek:

skybluearmy88

Fav film - shawshank redemption closely followed by green mile.

Worst film gotta be green street 2 as the first one was great, the second ones story line was awful and barely any of the original actors.

beduth

Just watched MAN IN THE MOON ( Andy Kaufmann of TAXI fame biography , played by Jim Carey ) if anyone has missed it try watching , (the man was a complete lunatic , he would have fitted in well on the City board ,) GREAT FILM.
Worst the BLOB with Steve McQueen. (showing my age ).

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Favourite movie of all time??? No contest!
The Sound of Music! It has everything! Dancing, singing, scenery, nuns! Mmmmmmm! :pimp:

Bloodnut1964

My Fav film ever is "It's a Wonderful Life"
Worst film ever is "Mamma Mia"
And I like musicals............but don't tell anyone please!

I'm a soppy git so my favourite is Romeo and Juliet (Baz Luhrman version) closely followed by Pulp Fiction.

The worst? I dunno cause if it looks shit I won't watch it. Maybe SAW V? It's so far from the original concept it's shocking.

skybluejelly

favourite film is the blues brothers....closely followed by the pianist

least favourite film ,spice girls the movie..

Grendel

Favorite is The Whicker Man the original clearly. Worst film is The Whicker Man remake with Nicholas Cage. Should have been strangled at birth.

blueflint

mine are

when 8 bells toll

the shining worst ever cant stand jack nicholson

SHAWSHANK for me as best - slow smouldering epic devoid of explosions, cars turning over and over etc

INCEPTION for me as worse - what on earth was it about - walked out of cinema after half an hour totally confused

PUSB

Real

Shawshank Redemption takes some beating. There aren't many better actors than Morgan Freeman around in my opinion. Great storyline about an innocent man serving hard times, the friendships struck up, the brutal wardens and corrupt boss, and all tied neatly together at the end.

I attempted to watch Marley and Me, even though I fancy Jennifer Aniston I just couldn't stomach more than half an hour, it was just boring.

Real

Another fav film that I'd imagine few if any of you will have heard of is After The Promise starring Mark Harmon.

It's based on a true story in 1920's America about a father trying to bring up his 4 sons alone after their mum dies. He catches the childminder at it when she should have been looking after the kids, he throws her out. She makes up allegations that the kids are dirty & mistreated, and they are eventually taken off him.

He tries to get them back but is constantly blocked. He meets a woman and has a daughter but still fights to get all his boys back with them. The stories of what happened to the boys while they were in care are harrowing.

If you do watch it have a box of tissues handy.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ok. Seriously now! One of my fave films of all time is Dr Zhivago. I first saw it in 1965 when it was released.
Worst film? Any Sci-fi or fantasy garbage! - Stars Wars, Avatar, LOTR, Harry Potter shit etc, etc...... The list is endless!

egastap

Best has to be 1. Along came a spider 2. A Perfect Murder 3. Italian Job (original) 4. Thomas Crown Affair 5. Silence of the Lambs

Worst 1. War of the Worlds 2. Chicago (wife told me off for snoring too loud in the Cinema) 3. Anaconda 4. Anything with Charlton Heston in it (showing my age I know...but)

Covstu

Best film either Reservior Dogs, lock stock, LOTR or Trainspotting (probably trainspotting if i had to choose!)

Worse - The mist was awful, titanic was 3 hours of rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread