Favourite Football Trivia (1 Viewer)

WiliamHurts

I'll start:
Until Real Madrid last season, only four players had won consecutive Champions Leagues.
Desailly, Sousa, Pique and Eto'o.
So now that stat is only four players have done it with different clubs.
Also love that both Bayern Munich and Inter Mil 192.168.0.1 an can claim to have had at least one player each in every World Cup final since 1982.
What weird little stats or trivia do you have?

Last edited:

Grendel

I think this still applies

There is only one team of the 92 clubs who does not have at least one letter of the word mackerel in it

skyblue1991

Only 4 teams have won the top division three times in a row

Liverpool
Man Utd
Arsenal
Huddersfield

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

The only non league club to win the FA Cup since the football league pyramid was formed is Spurs in 1901

bringbackrattles

Coventry City are the only club to have played in every division of the English league: Premier, leagues 1,2,3,4, and 3 North and 3 South.

skyblue1991

Am I right in saying the only team to not lose in a World Cup when not a winner of the tournament is Scotland in 1974?

rob9872

Am I right in saying the only team to not lose in a World Cup when not a winner of the tournament is Scotland in 1974?

Not heard that but I thought we went out with 2 draws in 82 in some weird round of 3 teams in a group.

Grendel

New Zealand went out with 3 draws at the 2010 World Cup

England won 3 and drew 2 in 1982 I’d guess a few went out unbeaten due to the bizarre format

bringbackrattles

Nicky Campbell on five live this morning said he was wearing his Scotland shirt from the 74 World Cup, and he went on to say they were the first team to go undefeated ,and listed the results.

Frostie

Nicky Campbell on five live this morning said he was wearing his Scotland shirt from the 74 World Cup, and he went on to say they were the first team to go undefeated ,and listed the results.

Yeah. I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding of that piece of trivia.
Scotland were the only team to be unbeaten in WC 1974. West Germany won the tournament but actually lost to East Germany in the group stage (their only ever senior clash).

Users who are viewing this thread