Favourite football ground that no longer exists (excluding HR) (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

All of them! I'm a 'traditionalist' (this excludes dunking/burning witches, slavery and morris dancing) I especially miss the ones I never got to.
When I found out a few seasons back that Shrewsbury Town were moving to a new ground the following season, I got myself along to Gay Meadow for a fixture that Involved Boston Utd.
Imagine my surprise when In the Boston starting line up were two ex City strikers.

How about dunking, burning and slavery of morris dancers?

Terry_dactyl

National Hockey stadium in MK was always a laugh. Really was not suitable for football and away fans. I sure every time we used to score someone would be on the pitch.

I know its not in UK. But I once went to the Vicente Calderón in Madrid. That was an amazing place. You could feel the history and passion.
I went to the Calderon. A right rickety old stadium...and all the better for it. Great atmosphere. The stand we were in was ridiculously steep!

jordan210

I went to the Calderon. A right rickety old stadium...and all the better for it. Great atmosphere. The stand we were in was ridiculously steep!

Really dint feel safe. Fans letting off bangers and fireworks as you walk towards the stadium.

It’s crazy all the season ticket holders are like friends having a catch up. At half time everyone seams to have cured meat and bread.

Terry_dactyl

I also went to
Really dint feel safe. Fans letting off bangers and fireworks as you walk towards the stadium.

It’s crazy all the season ticket holders are like friends having a catch up. At half time everyone seams to have cured meat and bread.
Thats it! It felt like a proper family day out too. Albeit we weren’t in the really crazy bit behind the goal.
They won the league that year. Simeone patrolled the touch line all dressed all in black and duly got the adoration of the crowd. Good fun!

Covkid1968#

The Vetch. Followed Swansea when didn’t go up the City. Recall a really intense Cardiff game that taught me that when needed I really could do a very impressive Welsh accent.

Covkid1968#

Was at the City Ground Tuesday and that really made me long for a time when us football fans never had to bother going to soulless bowls on industrial/shopping estates. I blame Middlesbrough as they started it with the Cellnet stadium... pfffffffff

CJ_covblaze

The Boleyn. The worst place I’ve been to watch a game is their new one.

NorthernWisdom

The Vetch. Followed Swansea when didn’t go up the City. Recall a really intense Cardiff game that taught me that when needed I really could do a very impressive Welsh accent.
Funny that, I'd have Ninian Park down. Will miss Griffin Park when it goes too.

Oh, and on the other end of the scale, Old Wembley. Only ever saw some FA Trophy finals there and an England v Germany U17 game(!) and, tbh, it wasn't ideal as a football ground.

But, it had a history and a style that's lost with the new one.

JAM See

Withdean back in 2005 (I think). Quality weekend all round, and we saw Burnside from The Bill on the way in.

Users who are viewing this thread