Favourite Female Rock Tracks ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Got my list all sorted you have to do 20 selections but as it's just an hour they usually manage about ten tracks only.They pick those so hopefully if they do choose my list they opt for some good ones ? Thanks for helping me some great songs there,by the way I titled the Rockblock: Females Rock !

stupot07

Prefer stupid girl by garbage to vow. It's difficult to define what rock includes. For example Would you include London Grammer? She's got a stunning voice.

http://youtu.be/nMEHJPuggHQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Proper stupid girl by garbage to vow. It's difficult to define what rock includes. For example Would you include London Grammer? She's got a stunning voice.

http://youtu.be/nMEHJPuggHQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Planet Rock usually go for more hard rock so like you say it's tricky at times to define what's rock or pop ? Suzi Quatro was more leaning towards pop I reckon,but she is classed as a rocker.

lifeskyblue

More country rock really but margo timmins of the cowboy junkies has a great voice...cheap is how I feel is my fav song of theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Anything off Jagged little Pill. Alanis
Morrisette

Bitch by Meredith Brooks

What If God was)One of Us by Joan Osborne
Written by a guy from the Hooters who had. a big hit with satellite In the 80's all of a similar genre

chiefdave

Veruca Salt have got an excellent new album out:

[video=youtube;bMeYDS9kZcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMeYDS9kZcE[/video]

chiefdave

And one more for you, Halestorm:

[video=youtube_share;YGchlqCjj8A]https://youtu.be/YGchlqCjj8A[/video]

Grendel

I put Bring Me Back To Life-Evanescence as my 7th track.What a voice and single !

Sorry missed that. There is no question that the first album is the best rock album featuring a female vocalist by a mile. It is timeless in the sense it could have been in any era of music.

Shame they all split up.

As a diversion BBR what did you think of Wolfmother. Like Evanescence they produced a brilliant debut album and then just split and vanished. Stockdale seems to have the same ego as Amy Lee and ultimately it's led to obscurity.

SkyBlueM

I'll second Halestorm, I also like The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows is a good track I also like Absolution from the same album, abd Orianthi has done some good stuff.

bringbackrattles

Sorry missed that. There is no question that the first album is the best rock album featuring a female vocalist by a mile. It is timeless in the sense it could have been in any era of music.

Shame they all split up.

As a diversion BBR what did you think of Wolfmother. Like Evanescence they produced a brilliant debut album and then just split and vanished. Stockdale seems to have the same ego as Amy Lee and ultimately it's led to obscurity.
I bought Wolfmother debut album and loved it but haven't heard anymore of them but now know why didn't know they split up. I sent my rockblock in but they haven't featured it yet,but they must get hundreds I bet.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gotta mention our local lass, Hazel O'Connor. "Will You" and "Eighth Day" were brilliant!

bringbackrattles

Gotta mention our local lass, Hazel O'Connor. "Will You" and "Eighth Day" were brilliant!
Houch did you know Hazel lived in Aldermans Green ? Her mum passed away last year but lived in the family home there and Hazel often came back to visit her.In Ball Hill they've got a small music place and she's been in there with the likes of the Specials,the Beat,Pauline Black,King,and other Cov acts.

Houchens Head

Houch did you know Hazel lived in Aldermans Green ? Her mum passed away last year but lived in the family home there and Hazel often came back to visit her.In Ball Hill they've got a small music place and she's been in there with the likes of the Specials,the Beat,Pauline Black,King,and other Cov acts.

I didn't know any of that BBR. I knew her dad used to drink in the Lime Tree Club in Tile Hill a few years ago. She came in once to see him when I was there.

bringbackrattles

I didn't know any of that BBR. I knew her dad used to drink in the Lime Tree Club in Tile Hill a few years ago. She came in once to see him when I was there.
Remember the Alhambra pub well Don Farndon who had a hit record Indian Reservation was the landlord there in the 70's. Bet you knew that ?

Houchens Head

Remember the Alhambra pub well Don Farndon who had a hit record Indian Reservation was the landlord there in the 70's. Bet you knew that ?

Yep. I also knew Don fairly well, Mate. He went out with one of my sisters for a short while. He also did a regular show at CWR while I was there. ;)

bringbackrattles

Yep. I also knew Don fairly well, Mate. He went out with one of my sisters for a short while. He also did a regular show at CWR while I was there. ;)
Remember a Coventry band called Jigsaw ? Well my sister went out with the drummer for several months.She'd get free tickets to their gigs but can't recall if the band was any good ?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
going a long time back Susi Quatro - "can the can" or "48 Crash". Might not have been the greatest songs but she left an impression ......

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Remember a Coventry band called Jigsaw ? Well my sister went out with the drummer for several months.She'd get free tickets to their gigs but can't recall if the band was any good ?

I remember them. They had just the one chart success with "Sky High" around the mid-70's. The drummer, "Biffo" died in 2007.

bringbackrattles

I remember them. They had just the one chart success with "Sky High" around the mid-70's. The drummer, "Biffo" died in 2007.
I'll ask my sister if Biffo was her ex boyfriend ? I think they played a lot at the Walsgrave pub just before you get to the Forum as that's where my sister met him I recall ?

Users who are viewing this thread