Favourite Coventry Song (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'll start.

in our Liverpool homes

corrected that for you mate;)......cringeworthy scouse rip-off song.....hate it myself.

I like Twist & shout on the rare occasion the whole crowd join in....

....I remember us getting battered by WBA at their place whilst the whole SBA end sung their heads off....

....and I also remember a cracking 2000+ strong version of twist & shout on our opening day fixture at Stockport county in our first season out of the top flight.....happy days.:D

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Before we moved to sixfields, me and my son use to listen to this before we set off to watch the game, pumped me right up for the day, until 5pm came anyway ;)

[video=youtube;Osv2-V4FAUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osv2-V4FAUk[/video]

skybluelee

'Sky Blue song' by miles on the rare occassion everyone joins in and it doesn't tail off at the end.

Joy Division

Whatever happened to "COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY,"*

Seemed to be a regular thing in the early 90's on the old Swan Lane terrace when I first started going to games.

*Not to be confused with "Coventry la la la"

SunZoomSpark

Surely Twist and Shout is a nicked scouser song too.....those old films of the cop at Anfield singing it in the 60's...i like it

my favourite has to be 'Ooohh Peter Billing' though

SunZoomSpark

has anyone who went to Highfield road actually sung the take me back song.?....seems to be the staple of fifteen year old kids

ricohroar

Whatever happened to "COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COOOOOOOVEEEENTRRRRRRRRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY, COVENTRY,"*

Seemed to be a regular thing in the early 90's on the old Swan Lane terrace when I first started going to games.

My faverate too. used to echo under the old west terrace, they used it as the start up credits to the old radio comentry. on the way to highfield road, the news would finish in the car and it would begin with the echo of CCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Was good, but LAST gets the hairs on the back of the neck standing when blasted out by a few thousands and like everyone says doesn't tail off.

dadgad

I remember that from the early 70's.
'twas awesome particularly at a night match. Would strike fear into the opposition.

Tommystours

For the oldies.
We hate the wolves at Molineux
We hate that bast - - d Bill MCGarry too
We hate gold and we hate black
So F--- off Wolves and don't come back.

Or
If you follow than man in a blue and white van
You will find its Ian Gibson
He's the king of Coventry
Gibbo , Gibbo, Gibbo.

Or Gibbo,Gibbo, Gibbo , Gibbo , Gibbo
Gibbo ,Gibbo , Gibbo ,Gibbo, Gibbo,Gibbo
Easy to learn in thos days

letsallsingtogether

Chim chimminy chim chimminy
chim chim charoo
we hate those bastards in claret and blue

Remember when we played WBA at the Hawthorns and when we scored the whole of the SBA sang Boing boing bag of shit while jumping up and down in reply to wba song.
superb.

Users who are viewing this thread