FATNESS v FITNESS - confusing (1 Viewer)

Not being a sports scientist/nutritionist/weightwatcher but I am a tad confused as to the continuing weight/fitness problems of Freddy Eastwood and Cody McDonald.

Basically you are what you eat - excess grub in weight goes up, eat less weight comes off.

Therefore with all the off field experts at the Ricoh how is it these two players having weight problems lasting months whilst having all day five days a week (Sat & Sun as well) to eat less and train more.

I had a bit of a weight problem years ago and just by eating LESS and not even exercising properly I managed to shed 16Kg (35lbs or 2 1/2 stone in old money) in 8 weeks.

Surely it's not rocket science to get these two portly gentlemen to shed a few pounds and start earning their money!!!

PUSB

wingy

I have to be honest JR ,paid particular attention to FE on Saturday and he don't look fat,in fact in the team photo at the beginning of the season ,Bell and Mcsheff appear to have generous paunches ,other factors maybe?

Lloyd

Just because you weigh less doesn't mean you're naturally fitter, fitness takes months to come to fruition, of course being overweight doesn't help, but you get the point, I hope

canleykid

They don't work hard enough end
off,Freddy isn't fat just put on a few pound thru lack of hard work,but Lloyd is right you can be skinny and unfit but u have to question the management team cos they let this happen

The CableGuy

They don't work hard enough end
off,Freddy isn't fat just put on a few pound thru lack of hard work,but Lloyd is right you can be skinny and unfit but u have to question the management team cos they let this happen

Come again?

Surely players have a responsibility to report back to pre-season training with reasonable fitness. Its not the management's fault if they come back after piling on the pounds over the summer.

In any other job, Mr. Eastwood would have had his contract terminated long before now.

Alex

Come again?

Surely players have a responsibility to report back to pre-season training with reasonable fitness. Its not the management's fault if they come back after piling on the pounds over the summer.

In any other job, Mr. Eastwood would have had his contract terminated long before now.

Exactly. Its the players job to at least make sure they don't totally let themselves go before they come back for the next season. I'm not saying they have to stay close to match fit, but ideally they could exercise a bit and not eat too much. Besides, players should want to stay in shape if they have any allegiance to the club.

ccfcway

Hate to say it, and dont agree with it, but Eatwood wil be in championship next year and we wont

one of the promoted clubs will take a chance on a FOC Eastwood

canleykid

That's true if they care Freddy clearly don't so thorn should've dealt with him earlier,maybe sent him on loan somewhere but he let him do the bare minimum for a good wage,a wage we could've used to get players in on loan,so while I agree the players should keep fit Freddy knew he would get paid regardless and took the piss and thorn let him,

Grendel

Only Plymouth seem to show serious interest and ran a mile when they saw his wages. His wages and attitude should not be under played as factors in our demise.

ccfcway

Only Plymouth seem to show serious interest and ran a mile when they saw his wages. His wages and attitude should not be under played as factors in our demise.

Just like Tevez in Man City ?

One player doesnt make a team, Eastwood was never really our "lynchpin", so its not like we lost Dublin, or King etc

He's a waste of space who has never earned the MILLIONS he has taken from us

He can do one, and leave us be

Sick Boy

Am I correct in thinking that the money we spent on Eastwood was the highest transfer fee paid since SISU?

Grendel

Am I correct in thinking that the money we spent on Eastwood was the highest transfer fee paid since SISU?

Yes he was essentially the flagship signing to show that SISU were backing the club. No wonder they soon began to see this football lark is not exactly an easy way to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread