FAO Grendel (1 Viewer)

PVA

Fucking bakayoko what a clown

giphy.gif

Grendel

So PVA someone who I believe said lee Burge is a championship goalkeeper and I knew nothing when I said he was not good enough - would you offer him a new deal when his deal expires in the summer? Has be been worth £350,000?

Also why not address the posters who thought Biamou should have been on the bench on not him m

He’s not good enough - the end

Sky Blue Pete

So PVA someone who I believe said lee Burge is a championship goalkeeper and I knew nothing when I said he was not good enough - would you offer him a new deal when his deal expires in the summer? Has be been worth £350,000?

Also why not address the posters who thought Biamou should have been on the bench on not him m

He’s not good enough - the end
I can see why Baka was bought he’s got great physical attributes. I doubt robins will give him another contract as there are better players available free for next season. He scored a cracking goal and battled well today. That’ll do me.

Grendel

I can see why Baka was bought he’s got great physical attributes. I doubt robins will give him another contract as there are better players available free for next season. He scored a cracking goal and battled well today. That’ll do me.

So he can underperform 90% of the time and you thinks that’s acceptable? You also said Godden should do more today didn’t you?

Sky Blue Pete

So he can underperform 90% of the time and you thinks that’s acceptable? You also said Godden should do more today didn’t you?
Yep absolutely I think Godden wasn’t good enough today. Where did I say underperforming 90% of the time was acceptable?????

Grendel

Yep absolutely I think Godden wasn’t good enough today. Where did I say underperforming 90% of the time was acceptable?????

Well he has since he’s been here hasn’t he?

cc84cov

Fair play Baka...

He’s still the same player he was before he scored let’s get real here,but I would like to see Baka play Hiwula’s Role to see how he does.

christonabike

Jesus this forum is full of argumentative cunts tonight!
We got a draw should of won and 20 goals (a career) Baka gets the winner.
Chill and enjoy your take away tonight.
Onwards we go......

PVA

FFS, how fucking long have you been waiting to put that post up?
Or more importantly, how long were you prepared to wait for the opportunity to put that post up before finally giving up on it?

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut eventually!

Erm, you realise that Grendel made that post literally a few mins before Baka scored?

It isn't some post I dug out from 6 months ago waiting for Baka to score.

shmmeee

FFS, how fucking long have you been waiting to put that post up?
Or more importantly, how long were you prepared to wait for the opportunity to put that post up before finally giving up on it?

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut eventually!

Except Baka finds nuts at a higher rate than Godden or Hiwula.

stevefloyd

Got to be some tactics that Robins plays JCH couldnt hit an airplane hanger door here moves away and cant stop scoring, Godden needs more help and if thats Baka I would be very surprised but he is yesterday's hero so credit to him for that now how long do we have to wait for it to happen again, still waiting for the inconsistent Hiwula to chip in then disappear again...harsh but sadly true

shmmeee

Um Godden’s career strike rate is better than 1 in 3, Baka is 1 in 7.

Um. This season Baka scores every 156 mins, Godden every 204. Baka was also our most prolific striker last year.

Godden also misses as many chances as Hiwula (that’s anecdotal I don’t have stats to back it up) yes is hailed as the saviour while Hiwula is dog shit who needs to be dropped.

Just saying. Our players are OK, maybe we can celebrate some without having to shit on others.

Grendel

Oh dear he’s not even on your basis the most prolific this year either

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He does say most prolific STRIKER....

And you keep on saying 'he wasn't'. Why not just put up the stats of minutes per goal for everyone, prove him wrong and make him look silly.

Grendel

He does say most prolific STRIKER....

And you keep on saying 'he wasn't'. Why not just put up the stats of minutes per goal for everyone, prove him wrong and make him look silly.

He isn’t a striker he’s a forward and Kastanaar has s goal every 95 minutes who plays on the right of the number 9 and Bakayoko plays on the left

Grendel

Oh and last season constantly the comparison was made against bright Chaplin and hiwula

Jodi Jones scored a goal every 132 minutes

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For some striker is synonomous with centre forward (for me the distinction is in the style of play - I think of a striker as being quick and playing off the shoulder of the last defender while a centre forward competes in the box)

I see the likes of Jones, Kastaneer etc as wide players rather than direct competition, and probably Hiwula too in how we utilise him. Would you have Baka come in for any of Jones etc in the wider roles unless in absolute need? It'd be like saying Mason could easily go in for one of the centre backs - they're all defenders.

In terms of everyone in our squad you are correct, but in terms of who I think would be a fair positional comparison to him probably not.

For me, last year the comaprison should've been between Chaplin, Baka, JCH and Ponti (Biamou would've been but for injury and Beavon never played). Hiwula was included because he was top scorer - Thomas was never considered but played the equivalent position to Hiwula on the right.

This season it should be between Godden, Baka and Biamou IMO

Grendel

For some striker is synonomous with centre forward (for me the distinction is in the style of play - I think of a striker as being quick and playing off the shoulder of the last defender while a centre forward competes in the box)

I see the likes of Jones, Kastaneer etc as wide players rather than direct competition, and probably Hiwula too in how we utilise him. Would you have Baka come in for any of Jones etc in the wider roles unless in absolute need? It'd be like saying Mason could easily go in for one of the centre backs - they're all defenders.

In terms of everyone in our squad you are correct, but in terms of who I think would be a fair positional comparison to him probably not.

For me, last year the comaprison should've been between Chaplin, Baka, JCH and Ponti (Biamou would've been but for injury and Beavon never played). Hiwula was included because he was top scorer - Thomas was never considered but played the equivalent position to Hiwula on the right.

This season it should be between Godden, Baka and Biamou IMO

Rubbish

For a start kastaneer has played as a centre forward in his career

Bakayoko has often not played as a centre forward - so do you not count yesterday’s goal as he was playing inside forward?

Robins doesn’t play wingers ever now it’s a fallacy he has 3 forwards all who move into positions depending where and who has the ball

I don’t think he played there for Walsall often either did he?

The comparison originally was forward players - Jones is clearly as much a forward as bright and last season he was included and as I say you’d have to chalk off all the goals Baka scored when he was not in the striker position for the game

Grendel

The goals per minute stat to me is as pointless as assists In measuring competency

Without looking which premier league “striker” has a better goals per minute ratio than Shearer, Owen, Van Persie, Van Nistelroy and Solskaar

Clue: we were heavily linked with him once

Users who are viewing this thread