Fantastic news for Blaze fans. (1 Viewer)

Houdi

Has to be the best week news wise for Blaze fans for probably 4 years. Hot on the heel this week that Mike Egener has recovered from his terrible illness to return back to the Blaze, comes the news that last season's skipper Shea Guthrie is returning as well. 2 fantastic players in a week, is beyond most Blaze fans expectations. We now look a genuine threat to any team.:)

CJ_covblaze

Amazing couple of days. We'll have something special when Chalmers and Olly are back. Cardiff are in crisis at the moment too so Saturday should be a cracker. 7pm face off and tickets are available. Urge everyone to go and watch the biggest sports team in our City! Give it a try guys. You won't look back.

ajsccfc

Going to the game on the 24th, Belfast I think. Humour what's probably a stupid question, but is it generally freezing when you're watching hockey? I have no ice rink experience of any kind.

wicked news and now looking to the league or play offs, one hell of a team now. beat team since the likes of neal martin and the ac/dc partnership. think attendances will now go up and now when egener and olson are back on the ice together so will the penalty minutes :)

ajsccfc, its not freezing but you wont sweat either. somewhere in between

CJ_covblaze

Going to the game on the 24th, Belfast I think. Humour what's probably a stupid question, but is it generally freezing when you're watching hockey? I have no ice rink experience of any kind.

Agree with Zam. It's cold when it's empty but as odd as it sounds when it's full (fingers crossed we'll have a few of these games!) it'll be warmer in the rink on Saturday than it'll be at Valley Parade on Sunday!

ajsccfc

Come to think of it I did see the wrasslin' in there years ago which was on the rink itself but it was covered, so it should be alright. Long Johns for style if not function it is.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm going across the Tay to Dundee to see Blaze v Stars in a few weeks (landlord is massively into ice hockey so thought why not)-anybody else from here making the trip up?

I'm going across the Tay to Dundee to see Blaze v Stars in a few weeks (landlord is massively into ice hockey so thought why not)-anybody else from here making the trip up?

im not, havent been there sunce the bnl days. the 2nd leg of the play off final there was my first away trip. they won the 1st leg and we won up there with the aggregate score of 8-7 to the stars. we took around 5-600 up there with us and created a top atmosphere.

CJ_covblaze

im not, havent been there sunce the bnl days. the 2nd leg of the play off final there was my first away trip. they won the 1st leg and we won up there with the aggregate score of 8-7 to the stars. we took around 5-600 up there with us and created a top atmosphere.

Those were the days. Loved the Crispy Pancake League. Went to that too. The rink's changed a lot since then.

Brighton Sky Blue

I live pretty much halfway between Kirkcaldy and Dundee so I can get to see the Flyers and Stars-I'm not massively into ice hockey but living up here it's pretty much the only chance I have of seeing any team from Coventry without spending hours on a train. Looking forward to it!

CJ_covblaze

4 point weekend. Couldn't ask for any more from the lads. A lot of people deserve a huge pat on the back.

looking forward to saturdays match. start of the premier sports live matches and more importantly the return of mr egener who is sure to get a great welcome back. good things will come from this team

bigfatronssba

I live pretty much halfway between Kirkcaldy and Dundee so I can get to see the Flyers and Stars-I'm not massively into ice hockey but living up here it's pretty much the only chance I have of seeing any team from Coventry without spending hours on a train. Looking forward to it!

My only experience with away games with the Blaze is in the Play Offs, but from what I can gather our away support is top notch.

CJ_covblaze

My only experience with away games with the Blaze is in the Play Offs, but from what I can gather our away support is top notch.

It's generally quite decent. A few hundred to Nottingham and Sheffield. We took 500 to Belfast a couple of years ago. Not sure what the numbers were there last season.

Mind you 3 or 4 years ago I was the only one that made the trip up to Hull!

Last edited:

chiefdave

Miss going to Blaze games since I've moved down south. There's not even any localish Elite League teams to get a few away games in.

i might be wrong here datewise, but i think andy thorns first game in charge at burnley, blaze were away at panthers the same night and more went to see blaze than sky blues. iirc around 1000 went to the nic

CJ_covblaze

152 at Burnley so you're probably right Zam. Our home attendances this season have obviously been a bit more than the City's too!

There are teams that outsell the football teams in the same city for home games too.

smileycov

Facebook User
CJ - Why do we seem to do badly in the Challenge cup, but well in the league? I assume that is, we are doing well in the league. Games in hand and all.

CJ_covblaze

CJ - Why do we seem to do badly in the Challenge cup, but well in the league? I assume that is, we are doing well in the league. Games in hand and all.

No idea! It's virtually a given that Notts will win the CC and play offs anyway.

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure about play offs, we must have decent chance. Looks a good side coming together now. I have watched a couple of games on sky, frustrating it seems.

get yourself premier sports smiley, they have a live game every weekend starting saturday with blaze v belfast.

can see steelers being too strong accross the season and them to win the league but we should do well in the play offs

CJ_covblaze

Not sure about play offs, we must have decent chance. Looks a good side coming together now. I have watched a couple of games on sky, frustrating it seems.

get yourself premier sports smiley, they have a live game every weekend starting saturday with blaze v belfast.

can see steelers being too strong accross the season and them to win the league but we should do well in the play offs

Problem is, the odds are so stacked in the Panties favour that I can't see any other outcome.

Having said that we've got a very decent side here (by no means the best we've had though, that'll always be the BNL winning one) and with a bit of luck who knows. The league is more likely than the play offs especially with everyone beating everyone.

Brighton Sky Blue

Definitely looking forward to it on Friday-I know none of the rules though so will probably need the guys I'm going with to help on that one!

CJ_covblaze

Definitely looking forward to it on Friday-I know none of the rules though so will probably need the guys I'm going with to help on that one!

Don't worry, the chaps in stripes have been going for years and they don't know the rules either.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't worry, the chaps in stripes have been going for years and they don't know the rules either.

Couldn't make it to Dundee on Friday so went to Kirkcaldy yesterday instead to watch them against the Flyers-fantastic entertainment and the two lots of Blaze fans who'd made it along (maybe 100?) were incredible. Next time they're up this way I'm definitely going again.

CJ_covblaze

Couldn't make it to Dundee on Friday so went to Kirkcaldy yesterday instead to watch them against the Flyers-fantastic entertainment and the two lots of Blaze fans who'd made it along (maybe 100?) were incredible. Next time they're up this way I'm definitely going again.

Great to hear. Think two coaches went up plus those that drove or flew.

Last edited:

TheHellion

Haven't been to a Blaze match for a good few years, but I'm looking to take in a game or two over the festive period. Wish I'd been a bit more often over the years really, as I've always found it an entertaining evening every time I have gone.

Haven't been to a Blaze match for a good few years, but I'm looking to take in a game or two over the festive period. Wish I'd been a bit more often over the years really, as I've always found it an entertaining evening every time I have gone.

boxing day at home to devils, only games with panthers have potential to be more entertaining, lol.

april 13th, britain play holland at the skydome. holiday form going in for this one

Users who are viewing this thread