Fans yesterday (1 Viewer)

vow

Fans were superb throughout.
Gave me goosebumps sat in the Home (East) stand listening.

I did get slightly carried away for City's 2nd goal though, with a fist pump that quickly turned into a "dagnabbit they've equalised" type fist shake.

pusbccfc

Our fans away are like a different animal to those at home.

The atmosphere at home games is very negative and turns toxic very easily. Away from home the players are treated like heroes.

The Philosopher

Our fans away are like a different animal to those at home.

The atmosphere at home games is very negative and turns toxic very easily. Away from home the players are treated like heroes.

Well we will be playing all of our games away from home next season. Might be a good thing.

(Takes cover)

Gibbo

But why are they so quiet at home games? Could not hear a thing at Oxford last week, and I was on the SBA side of the halfway line.

Sky Blue Harry H

But why are they so quiet at home games? Could not hear a thing at Oxford last week, and I was on the SBA side of the halfway line.

To be fair, most fans that travel tend to be a lot more vocal. Siege mentality, alcohol intake etc. etc. I always have a hoarse throat after an away outing, yet very rarely after a home game.

Sky Blue Harry H

So you're acknowledging that you're part of the problem then, Harry?
Maybe. I shout/sing more than most round me, but the singing is sporadic at home, and like at most events, feel slightly awkward breaking into song on my own in the middle of people who are not!

OffenhamSkyBlue

In general, away fans of any club are more the "die hard" types - NOT saying that those that only go to home games are not "true fans", by the way! So they will generally be the ones who make more noise. Yes, drink has something to do with it, but being outnumbered and wanting to out-sing the home fans also helps.

Gibbo

In general, away fans of any club are more the "die hard" types - NOT saying that those that only go to home games are not "true fans", by the way! So they will generally be the ones who make more noise. Yes, drink has something to do with it, but being outnumbered and wanting to out-sing the home fans also helps.

That implies die hards don't go to home games which is obviously not true. These die hards appear to sing like buggery away, but at the Ricoh just watch the match. Are they not sitting as a group at home games? We could have really done with some help at Burton and Oxford. As it is I have a dickhead in a hat near me who is the most negative supporter of all time who just shouts abuse at his own players at high volume. I'd love him to be drowned out.....

Gibbo

oh and the self-congratulatory thing that is a feature of the SBA (see above) gets my pip when they are really only part-timers obviously

SkyBlueDom26

That implies die hards don't go to home games which is obviously not true. These die hards appear to sing like buggery away, but at the Ricoh just watch the match. Are they not sitting as a group at home games? We could have really done with some help at Burton and Oxford. As it is I have a dickhead in a hat near me who is the most negative supporter of all time who just shouts abuse at his own players at high volume. I'd love him to be drowned out.....

Our effort levels at home seem worse compared to away games, seems like the players thrive under our vocal away support

letsallsingtogether

Just come back from Budapest spent a night drinking with a couple from Bradford.
He is a season ticket holder.
He said we were the best team and best support they had seen all season.
I kmpww it was a good win but he had nothing but praise for us.:)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I did think overall we were class yesterday, there was a period of around 10-15 minutes shortly after going 1-0 down where a chap, I'll tip my hat to him, persisted for the entire time to get Twist & Shout going, where a very small section joined in and it never really took off & all you could hear for a good while was the dull murmering of chatter around. Was slightly disappointing to have gone 1-0 down and for the fans to have sunken so quickly, but in fairness, the noise soon returned once we levelled and then continued into the second half.

Tommo72

Our Away support is like most clubs, a real mix of all sorts from OAP’s to the Stone Island wannabes.

I’ve followed us away for over 25 years and we’ve always been a fairly vocal bunch. The numbers are as good as they were in the Premier League days and we often out number followings of teams in the Championship and even the Premier League.

However, when people start saying we are the best in the country etc etc then I’m really not sure about that. Plenty of vocal followings although I haven’t been overly impressed with League 1/2 over the last few years.

For me Chelsea, Leeds, Man U, Spurs, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Sheff Weds have always been some of the best....

OffenhamSkyBlue

No i wasn't implying that, it's just that maybe they are diluted by the negatives like the ones you described.

Joy Division

I’ve followed us away for over 25 years and we’ve always been a fairly vocal bunch. The numbers are as good as they were in the Premier League days and we often out number followings of teams in the Championship and even the Premier League.

I'd say our numbers now are better than they were in the Premier League days, I was in some dire followings back in the 90's. Blackburn away in about 1996 springs to mind with about 250 of us there.

Tommo72

I'd say our numbers now are better than they were in the Premier League days, I was in some dire followings back in the 90's. Blackburn away in about 1996 springs to mind with about 250 of us there.

Was that the night game? Micky Quinn scored a few if I remember..

Gint11

We’re hardly outnumbered.
I know what you mean though. Winkey face

oscillatewildly

Maybe. I shout/sing more than most round me, but the singing is sporadic at home, and like at most events, feel slightly awkward breaking into song on my own in the middle of people who are not!
I know what you mean, Hazza.
Done it many a time with little or no response/joining in.
Often think we are by and large a timid bunch.
When I've expressed this in the past I get er, 'shouted down'.

pastythegreat

Our Away support is like most clubs, a real mix of all sorts from OAP’s to the Stone Island wannabes.

However, when people start saying we are the best in the country etc etc then I’m really not sure about that. Plenty of vocal followings although I haven’t been overly impressed with League 1/2 over the last few years.

For me Chelsea, Leeds, Man U, Spurs, Sheff Utd, Newcastle and Sheff Weds have always been some of the best....
Yet none of the teams you mention with great away support have had to put up with the shit we have over the last decade and STILL turn up week in week out as we do.

Users who are viewing this thread