Fans rise to the occasion...... (1 Viewer)

Baginton

Our players have played in front over a lot more than 28k this season, maybe an small advantage in our favour!

They had a 16k at Sheff Utd and a couple of 11k's

PLUS WE ALREADY BEAT THEM 1-0 :claping hands:

Last edited:

par1sons

But will the players crumble under the pressure?

Not a chance. That's not to say the game will be easy because it will not. Crewe are right up there with cov when it comes to form in the last 15 games so this isn't a given by any means.

We should on paper win BUT if we don't finish the chances we create during a game its gonna be nerve racking.

skybluelee

A Bmth mate went to the Crewe game on Saturday and despite losing said they are probably the best team to visit Dean Court this year. They are a young side, well organised, pass the ball, and have pace.

Going to be tough. I make the tie 60/40 in our favour.

shoesmith81

How do you think we will fair in the home leg?

Do you think during the away leg we can relax a little?

I think we will win the home leg 1-0 and the away leg will be a nervous affair.

Cov87

Our players have played in front over a lot more than 28k this season, maybe an small advantage in our favour!

Sorry mate I think we lost 1-0 away.

Waldorf

Not sure White Hart Lane and the Emirates prepare you for Crewe at home, where we'll be expected to win.

WillieStanley

If your looking at it historically, The only time the Ricoh has ever sold out for a Cov match was Chelsea. We lost that, not because we bottled, but because Alex tore us up. We held a really good account of ourselves that day. No, although we lost, we were playing one of the best teams in England and were out played. No shame in that. We didn't bottle it.

The most recent decent Ricoh crowd to my mind was Leeds. We didn't bottle it then either. It was the last time we saw Ben Turner in Sky Blue who battled, with an injury, until the end. We fought long and hard on that evening but unfortunately, again we were out played. It was what happened following that when we bottled it. The only reason people believe that game to be a poor City showing was because those who came along and hadn't been all season saw our respectable league position and thought they were going to be in for a decent football match. They were wrong of course, most of the regulars were already used to Boothroyds tactics. That was probably the most entertaining and maybe one of the best performances of the season, despite the result.

So, whats different. I think we have a manager who is able to adequately prepare the team for the occassion. If they're ready in their heads, thats most of the battle won. Also, we will not get outplayed on this occassion. I firmly believe we are the stronger team, mentally and ability wise. This trophy is the first scalp in the second Sky Blue Revolution. Viva La Robins.

Users who are viewing this thread