Fans forum (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It looks like clingan and thorne are decent fellas.

I like the bit by Thorne "I just do what I am told". Is he happy with SISU?

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, that makes you wonder. I guess he's just glad to have a chance-and I think genuinely has feelings for the club.

Contract offers for players "that are part of the future" was interesting. You'd assume Sammy, Bell, Cranie and McSheffrey-I wonder if he sees Freddy in that bracket? And will they be realistic offers which stand a chance of being accepted, or simply token gestures? We're doomed without those 4 players as we simply can't replace their quality and experience.

Also the transfer stuff was very vague. You do get the feeling that our budget is pretty much zilch. Nothing new on the past few weeks there, but it hammers the point home.

If there is one area I disagree with Thorn on it's Keoghs position. Dunno how he scouted him as a CB, as we signed him as a RB-that's where he'd spent the last 18 months playing, and we didn't have another RB bar Clarke at the time. Just doesn't sound right, and it really miffs Keogh. I dunno how long he'll stick around if he ends up at CB when he wants to play RB.

shmmeee

Yeah, that makes you wonder. I guess he's just glad to have a chance-and I think genuinely has feelings for the club.

Contract offers for players "that are part of the future" was interesting. You'd assume Sammy, Bell, Cranie and McSheffrey-I wonder if he sees Freddy in that bracket? And will they be realistic offers which stand a chance of being accepted, or simply token gestures? We're doomed without those 4 players as we simply can't replace their quality and experience.

Also the transfer stuff was very vague. You do get the feeling that our budget is pretty much zilch. Nothing new on the past few weeks there, but it hammers the point home.

If there is one area I disagree with Thorn on it's Keoghs position. Dunno how he scouted him as a CB, as we signed him as a RB-that's where he'd spent the last 18 months playing, and we didn't have another RB bar Clarke at the time. Just doesn't sound right, and it really miffs Keogh. I dunno how long he'll stick around if he ends up at CB when he wants to play RB.

Agreed, if he ends up playing Cranie at RB and Keogh at CB at any point I think he'll have officially lost it.

Keogh does add some pace, but I'd prefer to see Turner/Wood and Cranie/McPake there than him.

stevo_ccfc

Its possible that he did scout him as a cb even though he has playing at rb, he has all the attributes needed for a cb, and started his career there. Look at Sheff he was playing up front for us yet was played as a winger when signed by brum. And more famously Thierry Henry was a winger but Wenger saw him as a striker.

ashbyjan

Don't have a problem with a centre back pairing of Keough and Crainie as both decent footballers and in the system the AT wants to play we need control of the ball at the back not simply clogging it forward ala McPake or Wood. A lot will depend on if and when Turner returns and if he returns as good as he was prior to the injury, he was showing a lot of promise and is more dominant in the air than Crainie. Clarke is a shoe in at right back when fit as Thorn has bigged him up a lot over the summer but I don't think AT would have any problem with starting with Christie until Clarke ready.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Like others said maybe he scouted Keogh in his mind to play CB and then Boothroyd decided he would be a RB. Since Thorn has been in charge Keogh has played CB throughout

TheRoyalScam

Thorn and Clingan both came across as likeable, honest and professional guys who are simply getting on with their jobs in difficult circumstances.

Two revelations for me were:

a) from AT: after the away game at QPR, and against the player's and physio's wishes, Hoofroyd forced Ben Turner to try some running/sprinting exercises on the pitch, which aggravated his injury.

b) from SC: after training sessions under Hoofroyd all the players were ordered off the pitch - Sammy was particularly annoyed that he couldn't spend time practicing his free-kicks.

Nick

Administrator
Why would players be ordered off the pitch? They should be thankful if players want to stay there all day practising their free kicks or shooting!

TheRoyalScam

Sammy summed it up when he said he hated playing that style and hoofing the ball into the channels, but that if he didn't follow instructions he'd be dropped! The fact all the players were forced off after training shows what a control-freak Hoofroyd:jerkit: really was.

rob9872

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The more I read about AB, the less I like.

Gray

wonder where we would've finished if the players had a bit of freedom all season,

Godiva

wonder where we would've finished if the players had a bit of freedom all season,

Look up the league table in May 2012.

ajsccfc

Boothroyd's got that authoritarian thing going on. Great if it works like that one time with Watford, but his spell with us was almost exactly like Colchester fans said it would go so I don't envy his next club.

Nonleagueherewecome

does anyone known keogh isnt happy at CB either?

I know that he'd much rather be at RB. He feels that's his best position as it allows him to attack more.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think there were a few strange things that AB did ...... when i got the stadium tour I was told that the changing room was split so that only those who had played a certain number of games in the team sat in the main part any new players sat seperate - surely those were the players that needed to be involved with the senior players?. Also that he turned the heating in the changing room off it was a cold day. It was bad enough what he did to Turner when he got injured to over rule the physio to aggravate it again beggars belief. Really not surprised he lost the changing room and then his job - he deserved to

TheRoyalScam

Think there were a few strange things that AB did ...... when i got the stadium tour I was told that the changing room was split so that only those who had played a certain number of games in the team sat in the main part any new players sat seperate - surely those were the players that needed to be involved with the senior players?. Also that he turned the heating in the changing room off it was a cold day. It was bad enough what he did to Turner when he got injured to over rule the physio to aggravate it again beggars belief. Really not surprised he lost the changing room and then his job - he deserved to

They had to have played 10 times for the 1st team until they were allowed into the main changing room. Poor management in my opinion too.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Nothing like alienating the youngsters is there?

No wonder Hussey's confidence was knocked so much! After he had a few dreadful games, im sure a more experienced pro would have been the ideal person to put his arm round him and have a quiet word. Instead, it sounds like he was told to go and sit on the naughty step with all the other players who didnt have enough appearances under their belts to qualify for the bigger boys room!!

Confirms that Boothroyd liked to be number 1, and let no one override his decisions / opinions!

And im shocked about the Turner incident! Our phsio is probably one of the best in football IMO (hes been with us for many years and would know a hell of alot more about footballing injuries than Boothroyd).

Users who are viewing this thread