Fans Forum 12/09/13 (1 Viewer)

Just as a matter of interest. There is the “Fans Forum” on Thursday. On the application form it quite understandably asks if you are a season ticket holder? (On the CCFC web ......I still look more out habit than desire and just to see what propaganda is out today)

I wonder what proportion turning up will be season ticket holders? My guess is that it will be very high. If I am right does that mean the rest of us are not Fans?

I can’t go as I am working, anyone else applied?

I applied, more out of curiosity than actually having a burning question that I want to see if can be answered, i'm not a season ticket holder (never have been either), but I have received a confirmation on my place for the Fans Forum about an hour ago, so my guess is its going to be a reasonable split of past, current and non season ticket holders

Russian Gun Dogs

It has never meant that those without season tickets are not real fans. A season ticket, whether now or in the past is a financial commitment and comes with privilages. Priority on away tickets and these events are 2 of the privilages. There's no heirarchy of fandom. Some where long scarves and hats, some go to every match home or away, some go to every home match, some go as often as they can but have this seasons shirt and are glued to their radio or phone when they're not there. Some write blogs, or parody songs. Some live far away.Some moan, some are always optimistic, some hate Sisu, some hate ACL, some hate niether, some hate both. We're all fans.

wal3590

Lads I applied but sadly I can't make it now. I got the email saying I was accepted and so did my dad who also can't make it now. IF anybody is unsuccessful and wants to use my name and go I'm happy for them to private message me.

ccfclinney

Anyone else think the fans forum is very unfair on pressley and co..

He will be bombarded with questions about the stadium etc
With the season going well so far I just hope pressley is asked only about the team not about the way the club is being run something he has no control over

Sorry but we need answers from fisher and co not pressley and co

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Fisher put forums on and we found out very little. The idea of more seems a little pointless IMO.

As for asking SP questions re off field problems, I hope they are few and far between.

And I'm sure Clive Eakin will no doubt say on countless times 'please keep the questions football related' rather than the business side of things,

I applied, more out of curiosity than actually having a burning question that I want to see if can be answered, i'm not a season ticket holder (never have been either), but I have received a confirmation on my place for the Fans Forum about an hour ago, so my guess is its going to be a reasonable split of past, current and non season ticket holders

I have to say that if the Forum is as balanced as this thread suggests then a big up to the club, that is very positive. I sense a 'wind of change' I agree Russian Gunn Dogs were all fans, and believe that hate is a futile emotion that hurts everyone. I am always optimistic, but like most fans really feel abused by SISU (not CCFC note) Therefore every glimmer of hope adds to the potential of a 'brighter day'

ajsccfc

As a now former ST holder, I got a confirmation email too so they're definitely not just stuffing it with Sixfields-goers.

lordsummerisle

It has never meant that those without season tickets are not real fans. A season ticket, whether now or in the past is a financial commitment and comes with privilages. Priority on away tickets and these events are 2 of the privilages. There's no heirarchy of fandom. Some where long scarves and hats, some go to every match home or away, some go to every home match, some go as often as they can but have this seasons shirt and are glued to their radio or phone when they're not there. Some write blogs, or parody songs. Some live far away.Some moan, some are always optimistic, some hate Sisu, some hate ACL, some hate niether, some hate both. We're all fans.

To be fair it could probably do with a chorus in there, but with a decent bass line could see it working.

lordsummerisle

I
Hate public speaking (especially as its aired live on CwR) though so going along more out of curiosity about what will be said rather than asking a question myself :)

The same, i have a slight stutter that becomes more pronounced the more nervous I get.

Was a bit of a problem when I worked in ATC, aircraft running out of fuel and crashing all over the place waiting for clearance to "L-l-l-l-l-l- land".

Also can't say my "th's" either, i went to a speech therapist to try and sort that out and he just said, "Well, you can't say fairer than that then".

"Phucker".

shmmeee

Pressley's a good guy and has done an excellent job of rising above it all and talking football. The players say they don't even mention it.

Not sure what footballing questions I want asked, other than stuff he wouldn't answer or has talked about in the press. Deserves just an hour or so of people telling him well done.

georgehudson

i just hope that it doesn't turn out to be an excuse for an ego trip for the presenters,
& if allowed i'll try to ask a football related question or two,
SP's doing a good job, in consideration of what's going on around him,
PUSB

skybluepm2

It does seem pointless and I don't think that we will learn anything that we don't already know although it'd be nice for SP and the boys to get some recognition for their efforts thus far.

Now, if it were to be held by Fishcake on the other hand...oh wait we'd still learn nothing! Not that he'd dare to show his ugly mug at such an event again!

Keep hiding in your Northampton shed you whale

Astute

I'm a ST holder and i haven't been accepted.

And everyone else seems to have been invited.

Maybe not even SISU likes you
moan.gif

AndreasB

A) you are making a massive assumption that "Sixfields goers" are happy with the current ground situation and therefore not able to ask relevent questions
B) It is pressley, waggott and Baker - therefore quite obvious that it it will be about "football related" issues

KersleyDigs

Can someone who is going please ask him these questions?

With such a small squad how does he intend on maintaining the players fitness when training so hard and playing a high energy pressing game?
What measures are put in place to prevent injuries throughout the season? Is it simply a bit of a lottery?
Are our current squad particularly fit compared to other L1 squads?
Were some of the bomb squad moved on because they didn't meet your work ethic/fitness levels?

quinn1971

You can see the standard club from mcdonalds....we should all stand in the cody McDonald's car park and watch from there

ajsccfc

What measures are in place to prevent injury? he's a football manager not a magician. What a stupid question.

Are you for real? If you can't take measures to help prevent injury, what is it you think fitness coaches and physios actually do?

All of KersleyDig's questions are good.

Users who are viewing this thread