Fans back in stadia by Xmas? (2 Viewers)

SBT

Clubs using COVID as an excuse for a break now. Everyone is knackered. One case and they "lock the club down".

Seems a bit far-fetched. Personally my money's still on the the catastrophic explosion in national cases.

Hertsccfc

I’m getting the feeling football could be knocked on the head for a while, more games are starting to get postponed because of the virus and we now have that strict lockdown in Wales what affect will that have on the Welsh teams travelling ?
Er we have a strict lockdown in London and the South East, which seems actually more severe than the Welsh one. People are not allowed to leave the tier 4 area, although tell that to the people who turned up at St Pancreas on Saturday night. There are more teams in this area than Wales

edgy

It's almost like it's an infectious dangerous virus isn't it 😂

Said with tongue in cheek.

That said, are squads not being tested regularly now? And if so, wouldnt the positive ones be isolated and the others continue to play and fulfill fixtures?

Did Shipley not test positive or was he just told to isolate?

better days

To try to give a bit of hope..............
The company I work for are involved in the Oxford vaccine trials in a small way
I'm hearing that the approval process by the UK MHRA is going well and there has only been positive feedback so far
The word is approval is probably only days away, maybe 28th/29th December
There are apparently 4m doses ready to go (from 100m ordered)
And it doesn't need to be transported at very low temperatures and can be kept in a normal fridge
Sites are being prepared in sports stadiums as well as GP surgeries for mass testing as soon as approval is granted
Most of the doses for the UK will be made here
It seems we are at the darkest hour now
Hopefully there is a little light on the horizon

Btw clinics are being set up all over the country to deal with people who have long covid

skybluesam66

From what i hear, tier 4 if you can work from home , then do - if you cant then dont work (key workers excepted) surely this would cancel football over this period

Grendel

From what i hear, tier 4 if you can work from home , then do - if you cant then dont work (key workers excepted) surely this would cancel football over this period

I doubt they will be closing supermarkets

better days

ceetee

I thought anyone could work in an Office, Factory or Warehouse providing they could work safely because they're not involved with the public

chiefdave

I thought anyone could work in an Office, Factory or Warehouse providing they could work safely because they're not involved with the public
Government said:
To help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home should do so.

Where people cannot do so - including, but not limited to, people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction, or manufacturing - they should continue to travel to their workplace. This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting sectors and employers.

Public sector employees working in essential services, including childcare or education, should continue to go into work.

Where it is necessary for you to work in other people's homes - for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople - you can do so. Otherwise, you should avoid meeting for work in a private home or garden, where COVID-19 Secure measures may not be in place.

The risk of transmission can be substantially reduced if COVID-19 secure guidelines are followed closely. Extra consideration should be given to those people at higher risk.

Grendel

no_loyalty

Clubs using COVID as an excuse for a break now. Everyone is knackered. One case and they "lock the club down".

In Millwall's case they don't want to suffer back to back hammerings by Bournemouth and Watford.

Magwitch

Er we have a strict lockdown in London and the South East, which seems actually more severe than the Welsh one. People are not allowed to leave the tier 4 area, although tell that to the people who turned up at St Pancreas on Saturday night. There are more teams in this area than Wales
Er so what are you saying do you think football will carry on while most of the country is in lock down .

Hertsccfc

Er so what are you saying do you think football will carry on while most of the country is in lock down .
I am saying the restrictions in London and the South East are more restrictive than in Wales. There has to be a risk that football will stop, especially now that more clubs have players out too.

Grendel

I am saying the restrictions in London and the South East are more restrictive than in Wales. There has to be a risk that football will stop, especially now that more clubs have players out too.

Tier 4 says go to work if you cannot work from home

chiefdave

The FA confirmed that tier 4 restrictions will only impact Level 3 and below of the pyramid. So the highest level there is Evo-Stik League, Evo-Stik League Southern and Bostik League.

wingy

Tier 4 says go to work if you cannot work from home
Time for some industrial action then from all the splendid workers who've been keeping essential cogs going, maybe for their generous Christmas bonus and a little less anti staff/worker rhetoric from Dickensian style minister's or employers . 👍😊

no_loyalty

Ipswich are the latest club to have cancelled their next two fixtures due to a COVID outbreak.

no_loyalty

Lambert stating that no regular testing in league one, next round of testing not due until 4th January. Not sure how often testing occurs in the Championship and PL?

speedie87

Lambert stating that no regular testing in league one, next round of testing not due until 4th January. Not sure how often testing occurs in the Championship and PL?

Premier league is once a week soon to be twice a week for tier 4 clubs. Don’t know about championship

skyblue1991

I can't see us back in stadiums this season, even at a reduced rate of 2000 like we have seen a few times this season.

Heck I cannot see a full capacity crowd until the majority of the country has been vaccinated. That could be in 2022!

Hertsccfc

I am not sure I can digest that.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Maybe I was trying to make too many points.

Someone suggested the league could be cancelled because of the lockdown in Wales. I was trying to make the point that the tier 4 lockdown in London and the South East is more restrictive than the Welsh one and there are more teams in that area. So the tier 4 lockdown is more of a threat.

Users who are viewing this thread