Fans back in stadia by Xmas? (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Definitely a step in the right direction but can't see Birmingham being anything but Tier 3 for some time yet unfortunately.

Magwitch

Well it’s a start don’t see it getting back to how it was for a good while but as said it has to start some how.

chiefdave

4000 or 50% whichever is the smaller
How on earth are they going to maintain the level of social distancing we've seen in other countries when they've started letting fans back in and have 50% capacity?

Was listening to the owner of an NHL hockey team and he said they've modelling needing to leave a minimum of 2 seats in every direction around every group of supporters. Said it would likely be around a quarter capacity and definitely no more than a third - dependent on how many people were in each group.

Colin Steins Smile

I welcome the potential opportunity to attend games again, but this is only viable if everyone attending are really self disciplined and stay distanced, etc.
Being slightly cynical about the announcement. I can’t help feeling that the government will use this as a reason to continue to say football doesn’t need any of treasury funding & the Premier league to help out..... which they are very reluctant to do .... unless they have B teams, no relegation etc

Liquid Gold

I still think we won’t be allowed. It will be homes fans only all over the country. As we’re in a different city I just can’t see them allowing thousands of people to go from one area to another, mingle in pubs, go to the stadium and then back to where they came from.

Kilclines curly mullet

I still think we won’t be allowed. It will be homes fans only all over the country. As we’re in a different city I just can’t see them allowing thousands of people to go from one area to another, mingle in pubs, go to the stadium and then back to where they came from.
We have season tickets but travel from Hampshire...I wonder how / if that will be monitored / checked

Frostie

Be interesting to see what the Welsh government allow Cardiff & Swansea to do, they don't need to follow same rules.

Monners

I does strike me as odd considering the country is in a similar situation to Spring/summer

Last edited:

covboy1987

I agree with you - Awkward one for the authorities to consider as they probably haven’t another example but I think a non-starter –Currently Birmingham are in tier 2 (not 3 like people are saying) the same as Cov -m if both stay in the same tier 2 it still will be doubtful due to the strict travelling rules and car sharing etc –

chiefdave

I agree with you - Awkward one for the authorities to consider as they probably haven’t another example but I think a non-starter –Currently Birmingham are in tier 2 (not 3 like people are saying) the same as Cov -m if both stay in the same tier 2 it still will be doubtful due to the strict travelling rules and car sharing etc –
Would assume if there's any doubt it will just be a no. We'll have to wait and see what is being done to stop fans moving around the country in general. How are they going to allocate tickets and ensure they only end up in the hands of people who don't need to travel?

Mcbean

Central Leicester been in Tier 1 for a long time and infections are still
Going up - i Think Brum will be in the same boat so I can’t see us getting back in until post vaccination

KenilworthSkyBlue

The government seem to be keen to tell people we aren't out of the woods and not to be complacent with the vaccine on the horizon, but then take actions which suggest they are doing exactly that.

I think it's fairly obvious the government have done this as a compromise in order to mitigate the PR fallout from their refusal to bail out the EFL, despite offering financial aid to other sports.

I have to say though as Chief Dave as well as others have pointed out, whilst it's a compromise, it's a reckless one.

Skybluefaz

I think it's fairly obvious the government have done this as a compromise in order to mitigate the PR fallout from their refusal to bail out the EFL, despite offering financial aid to other sports.

I have to say though as Chief Dave as well as others have pointed out, whilst it's a compromise, it's a reckless one.
Agree with that too. Although it sounds like accomodating 4000 fans could cost clubs money rather give any relief.

Skyblueweeman

How on earth are they going to maintain the level of social distancing we've seen in other countries when they've started letting fans back in and have 50% capacity?

Was listening to the owner of an NHL hockey team and he said they've modelling needing to leave a minimum of 2 seats in every direction around every group of supporters. Said it would likely be around a quarter capacity and definitely no more than a third - dependent on how many people were in each group.

N.Ireland had just over 1k fans for our recent defeat by Slovakia. Looked like were spaced out 2 seats in every direction. Not sure if they opened all 4 stands though. Atmosphere sounded surprisingly ok given the low numbers in a sparse stadium.

It will be interesting to see how the clubs manage it in the smaller stadiums.

Skyblueweeman

I get your logic but I just cant see them letting in home fans of 91 clubs and not ours. There'd be outrage! (from us at least which would be totally justified).

They other clubs would have to get into the system of selling the tickets by postcode which again, wouldn't likely go down well.

If it goes ahead, I reckon we'll be alright.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Agree with that too. Although it sounds like accomodating 4000 fans could cost clubs money rather give any relief.

I've been saying this for months. Getting fans back into stadiums in a reduced capacity isn't necessarily a miracle cure for clubs from a financial point of view. As if you weigh up the match-day operating costs against revenue from footfall, clubs either aren't left with a great deal, or as you've said could actually cost clubs. In order for clubs to benefit it would be better suited to be a certain percentage of fans allowed in, but reflective of a club's stadium size. E.g. 30% for Wycombe would look a whole lot different for Forest but social distancing could theoretically still be respected. (I stress the word theoretically).

This proposal is merely a plaster for a bullet wound for many clubs.

Mcbean

I would venture in our case those up to 4000 have already paid for their seats so it would cost in terms of Stewarding ! police , closing the roads ? Small amount of beverage income to cover - hand sanitizer etc - doesn’t make sense

Cranfield Sky Blue

I would venture in our case those up to 4000 have already paid for their seats so it would cost in terms of Stewarding ! police , closing the roads ? Small amount of beverage income to cover - hand sanitizer etc - doesn’t make sense
I guess there would be no beverage income as they wouldn’t be allowed to open. Think how tight it is at Stans around the bars.

Users who are viewing this thread