Fans back in stadia by Xmas? (1 Viewer)

Porkchophill

A vaccine that you have no idea of it's lasting duration? Will you need it again in 3 months, 6 months a year? What are it's long term effects on you? A virus that has more than a 99% recovery rate?
The average age of people infected is 82 years old, and people with pre conditions.
Cases are going up as we test more people...that's not hard to understand.
You can go shopping in a supermarket but can't sit in a vast stadium with acres of space between you and someone else?
I'm so done with this shit, and the sheeple who can't figure stuff out for themselves.
I’m 45 never smoked no underlying health conditions , but contracted Covid tested positive just come out of a 3 week period of being the illest I’ve ever been , had an ambulance called out at one point . I still have shortness of breath and don’t know how long this will last , I know numerous people around my age group and lower who have also gone down with it , so to dismiss it as a minor ailment or just an old person disease just shows the mentality that’s putting us further into the pandemic . Yes we can socially distance in a stadium and done the right way I’m all for it , but not at the cost of lives

clint van damme

I’m 45 never smoked no underlying health conditions , but contracted Covid tested positive just come out of a 3 week period of being the illest I’ve ever been , had an ambulance called out at one point . I still have shortness of breath and don’t know how long this will last , I know numerous people around my age group and lower who have also gone down with it , so to dismiss it as a minor ailment or just an old person disease just shows the mentality that’s putting us further into the pandemic . Yes we can socially distance in a stadium and done the right way I’m all for it , but not at the cost of lives

sounds horrendous but glad to hear you're on the mend.

Otis

Well said that man and hope you are back to fully fighting fit real soon.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think its gonna be something we will have to live with it like the flu (not saying its like the flu tho)
We wont 100% irradicate it so if we get back to some normality it would be nice.
And I dont get that Kids can go to school in classrooms mix and matching with 30 other students and we cant go to watch the football in open air socially distanced.

Cov kid 55

You’re right about schools, in Carlisle a school has just closed because 70+ kids and 17 teachers have tested positively, so infection from community schools/universities is likely to continue. Personally, I think that a workable and deliverable vaccine is the only way out of this, including return to football stadia. In the meantime, thank goodness for iFollow! PUSB.

Paxman II

I'am not a denier of covid. The facts are the facts. Yes younger people too, in fact all ages are vunerable, and I wish you well with your recovery.
You are among the 99% then who recover.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

5.7% died in intensive care facilities as a direct result of flu between November and March last year/this year. 103 people out of 1800 admitted in the UK.

How many people with flu didn't require intensive care?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How many with Covid didn't need intensive care?
Apparently thatnks to test and trace we have millions infected, but that does not reflect in any intensive care unit.

Exactly. You said 5.7% with flu in intensive care died. So the equivalent figure is how many people with Covid in intensive care died?

However, it's also worth asking at what point are people being admitted into intensive care with each disease? You'd hope, clinically, it would be at an equivalent risk to life but this can't be taken for granted and may also include other factors like availability of spaces. If a hospital is overwhelmed with cases of either it may be some people with either disease that would ordinarily be given a bed are having to be denied due to shortages and decisions are having to be made on who to admit. If a case seems unlikely to result in a recovery would they give that bed for another person with a better chance and so the number of people dying in ICU with it is reduced because that case either never made it there in the first place or the person was removed from ICU to a ward for thier final hours.

Flu often happens in winter when the NHS has many other seasonal diseases like norovirus it needs to deal with and natural suppression of the immune system due to the natural conditions and the NHS is under pressure with bedspace and staffing. We've not reached that part of the year yet, so it could be more apt to take the statistics of people dying with flu in intensive care between Mar and Oct at this moment in time.

There are plenty of people, even those on here, who didn't to go to hospital with Covid despite feeling the worst they've ever felt while they had it. Plus, as I've said before, it's not just about death. What about long covid? or the increased likelihood of premature death from lung damage due to the virus?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You'd almost think we'd put measures in place to limit the impact of Covid...

To be fair we do that too with flu with vaccinations which replace all the restrictions. A year without flu vaccinations would probably be pretty horrendous.

Magwitch

Personally I think it will be well into next year but how would this 4000 figure should it happen relate to ground size 4K in Old Trafford is a lot different to say 4K at Bournemouth for example.
I listened to a radio chat about this the other day and they chewed this around and reckoned when crowds do return it will be ticket only, no away fans, no refreshments, possibly early kick-offs and what number and row seat are allocated you get will be the only one you can sit in, no more than two people sitting together and no standing strictly enforced not very attractive but suppose it would be a start.

NorthernWisdom

Personally I think it will be well into next year but how would this 4000 figure should it happen relate to ground size 4K in Old Trafford is a lot different to say 4K at Bournemouth for example.
I listened to a radio chat about this the other day and they chewed this around and reckoned when crowds do return it will be ticket only, no away fans, no refreshments, possibly early kick-offs and what number and row seat are allocated you get will be the only one you can sit in, no more than two people sitting together and no standing strictly enforced not very attractive but suppose it would be a start.
Up to 4k

skybluesam66

Birmingham expected to be tier 2
so 2000 fans

these will therefore be shared between members who were STH last year also - so probably get to 2 out of every 3 games

NorthernWisdom

Forget whether you think it's right or wrong, I'm struggling to get the logic that says zero fans tier one restrictions, to total lockdown (oh, apart from the odd school and university) to 4,000 fans.

Shouldn't there be some kind of incremental shift in direction of policy, rather than wholescale ripping up and starting a seemingly random set of new rules each time?!?

Mucca Mad Boys

Forget whether you think it's right or wrong, I'm struggling to get the logic that says zero fans tier one restrictions, to total lockdown (oh, apart from the odd school and university) to 4,000 fans.

Shouldn't there be some kind of incremental shift in direction of policy, rather than wholescale ripping up and starting a seemingly random set of new rules each time?!?

Well, that would be totally consistent with the Government’s inconsistent policies so far...

It just doesn’t seem feasible we’ll be back at the football anytime soon.

lord_garrincha

My worry is that the club will keep it BCD as long as they can... Why incur costs to let in fans who do not generate new ticket income... I hope I am wrong on that, and Birmingham City are making split costs on doing the COVID workarounds.

Flying Fokker

its all a bit of a lottery. I know of only one person who had Covid in March. Nothing since. I need to stay in more.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It does seem to go from an extreme to another.

"send kids to school, but they'll be sent home if they've come into contact with someone with a positive test. However, any of their siblings will still have to come in even though they've been in close contact with your other child who we've told to isolate"

"Don't let anyone into your house, even family"
"Some of you can go to the football"

It's no wonder people are ignoring rules because none of it seems to make any coherent sense.

At least when it's stuff like contracts I can think they're being greedy shits, which I expect. the laying out of the rules just makes me think they're stupid and can't do any sort of joined up thinking at all. That's scarier.

AOM

Let's be honest, it would have been a shite experience. Bearing little resemblance to a proper match day.
Having said, I'd still be all over it if we were permitted.

Be nice to actually go and support the team again in person, but yeah struggling to summon the enthusiasm to go to a silent St Andrews on a baltic Wednesday night with 2000 or so fans spread about

Users who are viewing this thread