Fans and atmosphere (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

It's official - we took an 'impressive' 4K away to MK - midlands today :facepalm:

Sheffers' miss gets worse with each viewing.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Should reopen the whole of the away stand and give half to home fans. They did this a few years ago, then shut it down again before it ever got a chance to get going.

Agree.. but squeeze the away fans into the corner block whenever possible and bring home fans directly behind the goal. Why a 4-5 block no mans land has to exist is beyond me... A one block safety zone max with "safety" netting and Response stewards will stop any unsavoury incidents.
I'm surprised that MR hasn't insisted on this he seems quite big on the peripheral "softer" aspects of the football club and creating a complete winning mentality, our fans behind both goals has to be an advantage doesn't it ?

Last edited:

wingy

Should reopen the whole of the away stand and give half to home fans. They did this a few years ago, then shut it down again before it ever got a chance to get going.

I'm of this opinion but just think theres too few of us to spread around ,Certainly think we got in the Goalies head down at Stevenage as I'm sure we have with others this season.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Lets be honest, the way Shrewsbury played crushed the atmosphere as well, they played really well at times and were set up to stop us making much impact in the final third. A combination of Michelle Ridleys passing and tribute, New Years hangovers, the after the Lord mayors show feeling and the lack of goals all added to a quieter atmosphere. I've been saying it for a long time too that the volume of women and kids interspersed all over every stand at home games reins in and fragments groups of singers.

Lets be honest, the way Shrewsbury played crushed the atmosphere as well, they played really well at times and were set up to stop us making much impact in the final third. A combination of Michelle Ridleys passing and tribute, New Years hangovers, the after the Lord mayors show feeling and the lack of goals all added to a quieter atmosphere. I've been saying it for a long time too that the volume of women and kids interspersed all over every stand at home games reins in and fragments groups of singers.

Whilst I agree that the atmosphere would benefit from some more obvious block allocations so that people can choose those appropriate to them I can't agree with your sentiments.

As a woman who was a season ticket holder in the west terrace and is now bored to death by the lack of atmosphere and frankly moaning men sat around me then I take offence at the generalisation.

By putting all the school kids behind the goal it has made family friendly and an extension to the JSB section. It would be better to get the vocal support back behind the goal a la west terrace with some remaining in singers (sometimes) corner so can bounce off each other. Those that want to sit, watch, moan etc can then sit inbetween. I would also block the top of the stands of to reduce seating and force people closer together.

There are however many women and kids who want to sing and get behind the team and probably as many men who don't want to so is a rather stereotypical comment.

Based on the men sat by me I think the men are as bad. There is the group who spend the whole game moaning and appear to have a baker vendetta going. To make it worse there is another group who sometimes sit nearby with a ringleader who talks through the whole game trying to pretend he knows about football / ccfc but clearly hasn't a clue. He doesn't know one player from another and constantly berates a player who was nowhere near play. Had to laugh on sat when he confidently told his friends that bailey had returned and was playing despite fact we were 10/15 mins into match and he clearly wasn't.

It is not a sex / age issue it is an issue of the negative fans being dispersed through those who wish to be vocal. Of course some fans go just to watch the match and don't want to moan or sing and should be free to do so.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't really sing at home games, I prefer to sit and watch a game in an evaluative way. Singing can distract me a little bit from the game.

However, I would say, if the RICOH was full and 'rocking', it'd be great and I'd join in, but it's quiet where I sit.

Bennosdancingfeet

We do sing when things are going well but take Mk dons for example, the support you can't question but there were long pauses between songs and to be honest, singing the city song to many times gets boring and always fades half way through.

Users who are viewing this thread