Fancy Bumping Into You ! (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

In the late 80's me an my mate were on holiday down in Bournemouth and we went to a nightclub called Clouds( I Think). My mate supported Wolves who were in div 3 or 4 at the time. We went into this club had a couple of beers and my mate said 'that's Steve Claridge that is'. I had no idea who this lower league player was at the time but I recognised his mate who was the youth keeper for City in 1987 ( the lad who broke the appearance record last season). Anyhow, we go over and have a good chat with them and they're both really nice blokes. It turned out that they were on pre season tour with Cambridge (managed by John Beck) and they were at an army base doing army training courses and the like. They'd nicked one of their team mates cars and sneaked out of the base for the night. My main memory of the night was Claridge moaning that his Lager was flat so my made goes 'i now a trick for that', hit the top of the pint glass with his own pint to try and release the bubbles.The problem was that the pint smashed and went all down Mr Claridge. they were having a right laugh about it ( could you see any modern footballer doing that?) They were both pretty pissed by the end of the night but I think they drove back to the base.
They were both really down to earth blokes.

wingy

In the late 80's me an my mate were on holiday down in Bournemouth and we went to a nightclub called Clouds( I Think). My mate supported Wolves who were in div 3 or 4 at the time. We went into this club had a couple of beers and my mate said 'that's Steve Claridge that is'. I had no idea who this lower league player was at the time but I recognised his mate who was the youth keeper for City in 1987 ( the lad who broke the appearance record last season). Anyhow, we go over and have a good chat with them and they're both really nice blokes. It turned out that they were on pre season tour with Cambridge (managed by John Beck) and they were at an army base doing army training courses and the like. They'd nicked one of their team mates cars and sneaked out of the base for the night. My main memory of the night was Claridge moaning that his Lager was flat so my made goes 'i now a trick for that', hit the top of the pint glass with his own pint to try and release the bubbles.The problem was that the pint smashed and went all down Mr Claridge. they were having a right laugh about it ( could you see any modern footballer doing that?) They were both pretty pissed by the end of the night but I think they drove back to the base.
They were both really down to earth blokes.
Who was that young Goalie?

The Reverend Skyblue

Sat on an isolated beach in Majorca in mid-1970's early one morning with me Dad.
There was only us for ages and then in the distance, we could see another bloke holding a football and walking with his young daughter heading in our direction. Dad joked even when he was way in the distance this looks like Bobby Moore and I told him to shut up as no way that could be him.
The closer he got the more my jaw dropped as it was becoming apparent it was him.
Dad stopped him for a photo and he said yes and then sat down by us and had a great chat with my dad. Still got the photo. Whenever my old man would tell the story he made out like they were now best mates

Mcbean

Here's a couple

I was in one of those " come to a party it will be a good craic weekends " situations - got up early after a skinful and went for a walk up the Tottenham court road to sober up - walking towards me was Kenneth Williams - i said good morning Mr Williams sir - he replied with that typical carry on "Good morning" and carried on ! Marvellous

yet another - went to a party in Wimbledon with my good friend Shaun- i knew it was June Whitfield's daughter ( he knew her quite well) holding the party - ended up staying the night and June herself was up at 9.00 cooking me and him breakfast - surreal but true !

Oh to be young again !

olderskyblue

Stood waiting for a bus back to the car park at Heathrow yesterday, Neil Morrisey stood alongside having a cigarette. I was too knackered from the flight to think of anything to say, couldn't even remember his name. Couple of other guys went up to him and said hello.

Otis

I saw Kevin Whately at Coventry Airport, which seemed rather odd, as it was a budget flight we were all getting on.

Users who are viewing this thread