Fan Groups and Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

If a deal is done I’ll be getting a season ticket. My son might not get to many but I’ll sign him up too.
I tagged you in this in your capacity as trust board member. Would you as Coventry City supporters trust be willing to lead or at least back a campaign that encourages people to actually support the club and if not why not?

Reactions: vow

torchomatic

Yes your right.
But also imagine the uproar if their owners tried to move them out of there Citys.

There would be uproar but you can't Gav one without the other. I would guess their council's would support the team and try and help them rather than risking them leaving their city. CCC don't seem to appreciate their professional football team.

Reactions: vow

letsallsingtogether

Leeds went from Champions League to League 1 and kept their fans, Leicester sold out down here, Pompey sold out in League 2, Sunderland still getting 30k this year.

Our support is just very poor.
It only over the last 10 years or so that Leicester have had a higher overall average crowd then us.
Our crowds were poor but we always had more then they did.
Shame our years in the prem was just before the big money and bigger crowds.

Liquid Gold

It only over the last 10 years or so that Leicester have had a higher overall average crowd then us.
Our crowds were poor but we always had more then they did.
Shame our years in the prem was just before the big money and bigger crowds.
We definitely came out of the Prem at the wrong time. Just before the big money hit and soon enough to feel ITV Digital go pop. If we'd have come down earlier I'd have backed us to go back up and be the better for it or coming down later would have given us the financial power to blow the league away while others were struggling.

D

Deleted member 4439

Yup, if you take era and league into consideration, Leicester's attendances closely match our own. Neither City has a particularly strong fanbase.

As for Leeds and Sunderland, look at all of the clubs in the north, big and small: they all get good crowds given the size of the club.

SAJ

The problem with Coventry is most people between the ages of 35-65 (a huge portion of the fanbase ) grew up with Coventry city in the top flight year after year .

The reality is a lot of people have no interest in watching 3rd division football in this city , this has always been a bigger problem than the ownership in reality because if we returned to the championship / premiership under sisu they would start going again .

I often wonder if our 34 year stay in the top flight did more harm than good to the fanbase with no real European push and plenty of relegation battles and a lot of mediocrity

Robins and the players deserve 15-20,000 every week , reality is we will average around 11/12000 again

I will be renewing and adding 1 next season at the Ricoh , my youngest daughter finally wants one too
Have you not looked at the ages of the people who attend the home matches? I would suggest the highest percentage of those attending is the 45-65 age group whereas away matches it is 16 -35 year olds.

SAJ

Bradford reduced the Season Tickets for next season to £150 and have sold over 13,000 even though theyve been relegated.
Forget "early bird" and simply reduce the price or even offer a buy one get one free deal.
Lets pack the place!
Great idea never seems to work at Coventry eg year v Accrington the club gave free tickets sway and in paper 28000 attended. In reality though it was more likely around 21000. Another reason that doesn’t bring in loads of money is 13000 paying 150 brings in nearly 2 mill. The club last year sold 6500 season tickets around 350 a ticket which is roughly 1/4 million more. They can guarantee 6500 tickets but can’t 15000 at 150.

Nick

Administrator
People need to get over the Bradford obsession, we can't upsell to people when we get them in the ground to get more value out of them and we wouldn't get anywhere close to their numbers if it was the same price anyway.

We did discounted season tickets a few years ago and the increase didn't justify the discount.

SAJ

Leeds went from Champions League to League 1 and kept their fans, Leicester sold out down here, Pompey sold out in League 2, Sunderland still getting 30k this year.

Our support is just very poor.
Leicester didn’t sell out when they won league one. My brother whose been a season ticket holder there for years used to say the then Walkers stadium was always half empty with the exception of the last couple of matches when the big numbers turned up to see them win the league. Fans will always turn up at the glamour times as we all know when we go to Wembley.

christonabike

It’s been tried and tested. Adults who used to go or go now and again go when we are in a run of good results.
Kids like my daughter even tho she hasn’t a clue what’s going on in football terms loves the atmosphere and a day with her dad and doesn’t know what we mean about the prem days as she is just 15 so it’s make up, fake tan and long nails and watching the city with her old man! She will go for years her friends dads go with them we just need something to make it worth going for the stay away people.

Liquid Gold

Leicester didn’t sell out when they won league one. My brother whose been a season ticket holder there for years used to say the then Walkers stadium was always half empty with the exception of the last couple of matches when the big numbers turned up to see them win the league. Fans will always turn up at the glamour times as we all know when we go to Wembley.
They still averaged over 20,000. We couldn't manage that in the Championship.

vow

I guess indirectly that’s supporting both.
All teams have owner's, good or bad.

I don't support the owner's, it's the team I cheer and encourage, so respectfully go fuck yourself, thanks.

fernandopartridge

Yup, if you take era and league into consideration, Leicester's attendances closely match our own. Neither City has a particularly strong fanbase.

As for Leeds and Sunderland, look at all of the clubs in the north, big and small: they all get good crowds given the size of the club.

Leicester have clearly got a lot of the sort of fairweather daytrippers attracted by the PL marketing. They're the sort of people that might have attended Wasps before this season but

Johhny Blue

Have you not looked at the ages of the people who attend the home matches? I would suggest the highest percentage of those attending is the 45-65 age group whereas away matches it is 16 -35 year olds.
Haven’t they all been away games for a few years?

Users who are viewing this thread