Fan boycott now happening? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

This is the lowest I've ever seen gates. Most regular fans will attend through thick and thin even in a recession but our gates have almost halved, which seems beyond abnormal to me. All thats really left are the fans that feel they must go because they have a season ticket. Sisu seem incompetent for allowing this club to get into such mess. Time for them to go

Snozzer

A much better way to protest would be for every fan who cares about the sky blues to turn up, 20,000 plus voices showing their frustration would make a much stronger point. Even for just one game.

OyJimmy

A much better way to protest would be for every fan who cares about the sky blues to turn up, 20,000 plus voices showing their frustration would make a much stronger point. Even for just one game.

Your right but perhaps the lack of effort behind a demo has killed all hope for a lot of fans. Hence a boycott. Having been a season ticket holder for over a decade now, I can of get it. I'm totally lacking in enthusiasm and can't be bothered to go to most games these days. I go because I have a season ticket. But next year? Not if SISU are still around.

sky_blue_up_north

SISU have no intention of leaving, they want there money back, even if it means us going down.

Didn't we sell approx 9000 season tickets, with 12000 at the blackpool game? About 1000-1500 blackpool fans so that makes just 1000-2000 non season ticket Cov Fans. It would seem that yes, only season ticket holders and their mates that get cheap tickets are attending.

To be fair, I think we can assume that the figure of season ticket holders attending games is now way below 100%. There literally is grass growing in front of peoples houses so I think some would see keeping that at a manageable level on a Saturday is a much better way to spend the afternoon.

Please voice up any season ticket holders that have missed a couple of games due to lack of passion from the squad :claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'll keep going as long as I have an ST, but on the 3 occasions when a mate hasn't been able to go I have failed to entice anyone else to take the spare. My dad, 3 brothers, 2 mates-all lifelong City fans-and 2 Villa supporting mates who I thought would have found it amusing. You literally can't give tickets away, and that is certainly in my brothers' case because it is "too painful to watch us relegated again".

sky_blue_up_north

I can remember us getting 8K at Highfield Road for some game in the Old First Division. Fans will only come back once we have winning side on a consistence basis. Stoke City are fine example of this. They were getting gates similar to ours at present. However the board backed the manager... the rest is history

Astute

I can remember us getting 8K at Highfield Road for some game in the Old First Division. Fans will only come back once we have winning side on a consistence basis. Stoke City are fine example of this. They were getting gates similar to ours at present. However the board backed the manager... the rest is history

I remember them days well. A lot of it though was to do with the trouble that was about them days. Liverpool was nearly always a sellout though. The only problem was it was more like an away game. All the Liverpool glory supporters came out of the woodwork. We still have the same problem with local people following the big teams and not being a supporter of their local team.

Users who are viewing this thread