Fan Base (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Like the IOW, we stayed in a fabulous little cottage on Borthwood Lane in 2012. Looked over the fields to Sandown and Shanklin and then Culver Down. Cracking rural spot, horses in the fields in front and red squirrels hanging off the bird feeders in the back garden.

I started life down here in Totland Bay (West Wight, just by the Needles), but then moved inland a bit. Now live in Newport.

covkid69

born and bred in Coventry...went to my first city came aged 5 with my dad and stood on the spion kop for many years till the new stand was built.
was a steward at highfield road for nearly 10 years and enjoyed every minute of it.
i work shifts and try to get to as many matches as i can over a season.....cept shitfields of course.
have been a city fan all of my life and will support them to my last breath....my dad drummed it into me and it's been there ever since and my kids and grandkids will true sky blue too.

P.U.S.B

Monners

Old man moved from Dublin to Cov in 1948 (aged 17), and followed City from the outset. I was born in Radford, but the family moved to Kettering when I was 9 - full of Leicester fans,but it was ok. Lived in Northampton for the last 29 years, and there are a fair few Cov fans there to be fair (Q predictable comments!). My 2 kids and nephew are all Cov fans, and my lad is looking forward to his first ever game in the next few weeks. Looks like we are going to keep it going!

The lads that I go with: one is from Leam, one from Cov and the other Daventry - and Hen Lane club did well out of us on Friday!

skybluebennett

Born an raised in cov. Remember going to highfield road on my dad's shoulders aged 5. They used to let me in for free! Now moved away to uni in manchester, still travel back for a fair few games and travel to away games on my own occassionally. This is my third year without a season ticket, but i can be excused for not getting one for northampton! tempted to get a season ticket again this year now we are home.

Another one of my earliest memories is when we beat maccelsfield 7-0 in the cup in 98/99 and on the way home i was singing 7-0 to the sky blues all the way back to the car, an old chap gave me £1 for being a 'true sky blue'.

I used to do all the JSB stuff, training on saturday mornings at bishop ullathorne and then they took us to the game in the afternoon.

Gint11

Whats really getting on my tits is every independant artcile i'm reading about Fridays game, somewhere in it says 'but realistically at the Ricoh they normally get 10-15000'. Although that is correct, it is said in a manner that says that that attendance is crap. That is still more than most teams in League 1 FFS

duckncover

Got it from my brother. Used to watch cov train when he lived in rugby, before my family moved to rushden.

Few years later my mum had me, 1993 took me to my first game against west ham. Then I was forever skyblue and never looked back.

fernandopartridge

Born in Coventry and lived in North East Cov (which is a stronghold imo). I think the working class areas are generally speaking those where the support is best, much less obvious now mind

Covcraig@bury

Born 1962 Coventry. moved 1988 to Bury through work. season ticket holder since the age of 14 until we moved to Shitefields.
Will never support any other team whilst I have got an hole in my arse PUSB.SOTV

letsallsingtogether

Don't sit on a hot poker then.:eek:

Born 1962 Coventry. moved 1988 to Bury through work. season ticket holder since the age of 14 until we moved to Shitefields.
Will never support any other team whilst I have got an hole in my arse PUSB.SOTV

covmark

Born in Cov, lived in Cheyelsmore. Used to go to HR with my uncle from the age of 5. Moved to the Isle of Wight when I was 10. Always been a skyblue, but don't get to watch them as much as I'd like due to working weekends and family commitments etc. Massively proud of my roots, Cov through and through.

D

Deleted member 4439

Born an raised in cov. Remember going to highfield road on my dad's shoulders aged 5. They used to let me in for free! .

Are you sure they didn't say 'hop over the turn-style, lad" and pocket the money that your Dad had paid for you in advance as he passed through the turn-style himself? Did that with me on at least one occasion, much to my Dad's consternation when I told him.

As I recall, back then, the SK's loos were little concrete sheds with a gutter that passed as a urinal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazolba

A bit late to this thread. Forgot my password and had a devil of a time getting it back and logging in.

Born in Coventry. Accompanied my Dad to Highfield Road and many away games in the 1960's and early 70's. Had a Sky Blue scarf and hat with a pom-pom (remember them?) hand-knitted by my Mum. We witnessed the club rise from Div 3 to the Premier League. We were two of the 44,000 at the Wolves game at Highfield Road. Unfortunately, my Dad passed away prior to us winning the FA Cup so he never got to experience that. Now I live in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. All they show on TV is the Premiership games. So my only hope of seeing them is if they draw a big club in the FA Cup and it is televised. CCFC is the first result I look for on the bbc.co.uk website each Saturday.

Last edited:

ccfc1234

A bit late to this thread. Forgot my password and had a devil of a time getting it back and logging in.

Born in Coventry. Accompanied my Dad to Highfield Road and many away games in the 1960's and early 70's. Had a Sky Blue scarf and hat with a pom-pom (remember them?) hand-knitted by my Mum. We witnessed the club rise from Div 3 to the Premier League. We were two of the 44,000 at the Wolves game at Highfield Road. Unfortunately, my Dad passed away prior to us winning the FA Cup so he never got to experience that. Now I live in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. All they show on TV is the Premiership games. So my only hope of seeing them is if they draw a big club in the FA Cup and it is televised. CCFC is the first result I look for on the bbc.co.uk website each Saturday.

Glad you could share your story, Phoenix is a place I nearly visited this summer when I was in San Diego but there was a cheaper flight to Austin so went there on my way back to the UK instead. For future reference what is it like to visit in terms of things to do and nightlife.

As for the FA cup my dream tie would be Villa at home, its a rivalry I would love to see re-ignited properly and would definitely be a game covered on TV if it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread