Famous people you've met (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Excluding anyone Coventry City related, I’ve worked at a few events doing security so come across a few people:

Richard Dawkins
James Morrison
Jeremy Corbyn - I fell asleep during his speech
Tinie Tempah
James
Mark Ronson - queued up for a burger like an average guy

I missed Pixie Lott and security detail walk right past me too!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Chris Coleman and Joe Elliott at the Saxon Mill many years ago. Coleman so tall he had to crouch to get in
I actually worked alongside Joe Elliott when his dad had Elliott's Car Accessories at the top of Gulson Road. That would be around 1969-ish. I used to pump the fuel back in the days before self-service! I remember the tight gits used to charge 6d for air, whereas every other garage was free! It was bloody embarrassing having to ask drivers for a tanner to top up the air in their tyres!

Hutch11

Was sat on a wall outside Highbury eating chips , me and my mate and our lads . Lads were wearing their Cov shirts when Bob Wilson came up, stayed about 5 minutes having a chat , he even took a chip when offered, said it was fantastic to see youngsters getting interested in the game, wished us all the best and went his merry way.
A truly nice guy

rob9872

Used to get an occasional lift home from school by Dave Moorcroft. Met Mani at a club night, chatted about football. Top fella.
Ah yep - we had Daley Thompson come to our school and all had individual pics taken with him.

Houchens Head

Used to get an occasional lift home from school by Dave Moorcroft. Met Mani at a club night, chatted about football. Top fella.
You've just jogged a memory! When I was a bus driver in the 1980's, I was on the No 13 route, coming into town along Binley Rd. Way before I reached the junction of Hipswell Highway, Dave Moorcroft was jogging in the same direction. Because I had to keep stopping for passengers etc, he kept up with my bus all the way into Hillfieds, where I think he taught at Sidney Stringer School? Fit bugger! :LOL:

Houchens Head

Not me but my step daughter. Take That came to her school way before they were famous. She still has the photos. It was Tile Hill Wood school, by the way.

Houchens Head

I sat next to Dave Hill on two flights to Denmark and back - he was visiting Jim Lea - great conversation 😀
I wish my ex-missus was on those flights! She was absolutely nuts on Dave Hill. She would have stayed with him for both journeys! Poor bugger!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Met and chatted with Norman Wisdom for best part of half an hour at a fete he opened in Great Yarmouth .Kids managed to get to the small stage he opened it from.When we got to them Son (verbal diarra kid) already talking to him.Norman joined us going round all the stalls and chatted all the way.Son told him he was adopted (he was proud to be) Norman asked him loads of questions and seemed genuinely interested we asked him about his family. In fact you would have thought we had known each other all our lives. Genuine Guy.

Northants Sky Blue

Not sure about `famous' but Cov related in the 90's-

Micky Gynn and Benno were often in the Irish Centre - never put their hand in their pocket 😉
John Salako in Mr G's cracking on to the students
Liam Daish a couple of times at mod night's in Brum's Subway City.

Before my time but word has it Speedie was a regular at the Pink Parrot 👀

LastGarrison

Ended up in an altercation with Harrison and Carlton Palmer after Jumping Jacks one Monday night.

Was shortly after Hartson said something along the lines of he wouldn’t leave even to become Man U’s captain (or something like that) yet he was telling everyone in ear shot he was going Celtic.

Long story short but the taxi they hastily jumped in ended up with its window smashed through and my mate with a trip to the hospital to get glass taken out of his hand.

Sky Blue Pete

You've just jogged a memory! When I was a bus driver in the 1980's, I was on the No 13 route, coming into town along Binley Rd. Way before I reached the junction of Hipswell Highway, Dave Moorcroft was jogging in the same direction. Because I had to keep stopping for passengers etc, he kept up with my bus all the way into Hillfieds, where I think he taught at Sidney Stringer School? Fit bugger! :LOL:
He’s a bit slower now but his grandson seems to be following in his footsteps

ccfctommy

Bobby Gillespie
Andy Goram
Saw Buster Merryfield (Uncle Albert) at an Asdas in Bournemouth signing books when I was a kid.
Darts player Stephen Bunting. Started talking to me whilst I was taking a piss in the barras social club.

COV

Met Ian Brown once, couldn’t say if he was nice or otherwise though as he was totally off his rocker and was just telling everyone he loved them

COV

Not sure about `famous' but Cov related in the 90's-

Micky Gynn and Benno were often in the Irish Centre - never put their hand in their pocket 😉
John Salako in Mr G's cracking on to the students
Liam Daish a couple of times at mod night's in Brum's Subway City.

Before my time but word has it Speedie was a regular at the Pink Parrot 👀

Never saw Speedie there but did see Phil Babb, Mick Quinn and Ndlovu in there a few times.. all were great apart from Babb who seemed unimpressed with everyone and everything

Users who are viewing this thread