fair play to the CT (1 Viewer)

mark82

Signed. Has anyone put this on other clubs forums yet? Should consider it as sure genuine fans at most clubs would help.

torchomatic

Surely, that would lead to more distortion of the true figures. I don't think it would help in this case.

Signed. Has anyone put this on other clubs forums yet? Should consider it as sure genuine fans at most clubs would help.

mark82

Surely, that would lead to more distortion of the true figures. I don't think it would help in this case.

They are not going to take it seriously with a couple of thousand though.

I get what you are saying though. I had that thought too.

torchomatic

Why? If those 2000 are 100% Sky Blues then that's fine. It's better than having 5000 with loads being fans of other clubs or with signatures like Mickey Mouse, Troy Tempest and Tim 'Bloody' Fisher

They are not going to take it seriously with a couple of thousand though.

I get what you are saying though. I had that thought too.

SBS

Why? If those 2000 are 100% Sky Blues then that's fine. It's better than having 5000 with loads being fans of other clubs or with signatures like Mickey Mouse, Troy Tempest and Tim 'Bloody' Fisher

I do think its a bit stupid how they've used a petition system that doesn't require you to open an email link in order to sign it, like to government one does. That would make it a lot more accurate and harder to disagree with.

psgm1

Banned
Get over it. There's no copyright in news. What did you want a byline and a picture in the paper? You wrote nothing!

There IS if they simply cut & past someone elses words! Can always tell when they do this, they dpn't put an author.

Which is quite ironic, because surely if they ARE simply cutting and pasting they should pay for it.

And as for the SBT saying something - you are having a laugh!

Months ago they gave up any pretence that they were the voice of the fans. Now they are trying to get a free seat on the board, so DON'T expect the SBT to make ANY WAVES.

Sort of defeats the purpose of them, but if anyone genuinely thought these self-publicists genuinely were going to do anything, then you were kidding yourselves!

Maybe now more and more people are getting the TRUE face of the SBT.

Voice of the fans? The silence is deafening

rob9872

I've signed it, but love the notion that the CT are impartial ... they (as Trinity Mirror = Hoffman) have been far from impartial throughout this whole saga. There is hidden agenda in every move they make. Still, this one is right so I have signed.

Bluegloucester

I've signed it, but love the notion that the CT are impartial ... they (as Trinity Mirror = Hoffman) have been far from impartial throughout this whole saga. There is hidden agenda in every move they make. Still, this one is right so I have signed.

Don't think they have been very pro Hoffman.

ccfcway

2000 before the end of day one would be some achievement !

That must be more people than actually buy the telegraph these days ?

ccfcmad1

Superb effort considering its day one, Will it make a difference i dont know but it will add to the pressure already on sisu and show how unhappy us fans realy are, Be great if we can get 10k+ also about time the telegraph got of the fence and did something worth wile so fair play

Voice_of_Reason

Get signing ! Get you mates, family and everyone you know to sign. Spread the word urgently. Save our right to play in Coventry !!!! Don't just sit there - take positive action to get as many to sign as possible.

letsallsingtogether

Signed it yesterday will post it today my son will be signing also my brother in law who is in China

J

Jack Griffin

Telegraph have stopped comments now unless you sign in with face friend, so as I'm never gonna join that it looks like I've posted my last comment there..

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Signed.............makes no sense to move elsewhere

dongonzalos

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...oventry-telegraph-campaign-good-start-3421002

Sky Blues supporters are backing the Coventry Telegraph’s campaign to keep the football club in the city.

More than 2,500 fans have already pledged their support for our ‘City Must Stay’ drive to let the football club and their owners Sisu know in no uncertain terms the strength of feeling to keep playing at the Ricoh Arena.

A whopping 94 per cent of supporters had already insisted in a poll last week on our website that they would not buy a season ticket if the club moved out of the stadium.

And in an online petition launched yesterday thousands of fans signed up throughout the day, all demanding that the owners and board of Coventry City do not take their club out of Coventry.

The petiton was also launched in the paper yesterday and the first signed form arrived at our office yesterday morning within hours of the Telegraph going on sale.

Telegraph sports editor Keith Perry said: “The fans have been quick to get behind our campaign to keep their beloved Sky Blues in their rightful home, Coventry.

“We urge all supporters to get behind our campaign by signing in the online petition on our website – coventrytelegraph.net – or by filling in the coupon in the paper.

“Together we believe we can apply pressure on the club and the Football League to ensure the Sky Blues kick off next season at the Ricoh rather than a stadium outside of Coevntry.”

It is hard to tell if the threat to leave Coventry is a genuine one or just the latest negotiating tactic in the Ricoh Arena battle.

Whichever it may be is irrelevant. It simply can’t be allowed to happen.

The clue is in the name – Coventry City. There’s no Sky Blue Way in Walsall. There’s no statue of Jimmy Hill in Birmingham. John Sillett and George Curtis didn’t show off the FA Cup on the streets of Hinckley, Northampton or Leicester or anywhere else Sisu and the Sky Blues board of two might fancy pitching up come August 3.

When Willie Stanley founded Singers FC in 1883 he surely never dreamed that one day they’d be on their bikes heading out of town because of a row with their landlords.

torchomatic

I wonder how many of those are "real". The majority, I hope. If we could get six or seven thousand that would be brilliant.

its now 3035

ccfc92

nearly 3.5k, excellent :D

hope if we need to protest etc we get similar numbers :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread