Fadz own goal (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Been bothering me since I saw it. Got to be a foul doesn't it? Better angles on the highlights. Both hands on fadz doesn't get off the floor until the last second and pretty much pushes him over. No one else seems to suggest it's a foul... what am I missing?

Otis

Goes on all the time in the penalty area and very, very rarely given as a foul.

He was just outmuscled unfortunately.

May have been given as a foul elsewhere on the pitch though.

Every corner is like a wrestling match these days. Don't think that was ever going to be given.

skyblu3sk

If it was shoulder to shoulder I would get the outmuscled thing but both hands on his chest grabbing the top of his shirt. Most of the time the second a hand goes on a player it's a foul. I can see I'm in the minority. Make sure you watch this set of highlights. It shows better what I'm on about.

Terry_dactyl

Well, i think it’s a foul albeit rarely given. If it had been a defender pushing a striker like that, I think it would have been more likely to have been given.

Terry_dactyl

Oh 100% on the penalty I kinda want this to be a foul so I can feel like it equaled out 🤣🤣
I haven’t seen a replay of it but might dad assures me that the incident that led to Mitrovic losing his shit was never a foul…”he just ran into him. He didn’t block him”.
I don’t know if this helps?

Ash

Should be a foul, both hands are on Fadz and wrestling him out the way. As someone mentioned above, anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

Have to admit I didn't think there was much in the Mitrovic block he was stood on 2 feet and hadn't moved when he ran in to him. Haven't seen it back though.

rob9872

On balance I think it probably was a foul but I also think Fadz wasn't strong enough and should have been goalside to begin with.

skybluegod

If it was shoulder to shoulder I would get the outmuscled thing but both hands on his chest grabbing the top of his shirt. Most of the time the second a hand goes on a player it's a foul. I can see I'm in the minority. Make sure you watch this set of highlights. It shows better what I'm on about.

The reality is if you want that to be punished then fadz is going to give away a lot of pens, because it's exactly how he defends at corners at times.

As Otis has said almost every corner has similar things happen.

skyblu3sk

The reality is if you want that to be punished then fadz is going to give away a lot of pens, because it's exactly how he defends at corners at times.

As Otis has said almost every corner has similar things happen.
Aware there is a lot going on at corners but did think this was in the extreme end of the scale before a foul is given.

Paul Anthony

It's the kind of thing that's just part of corners and set pieces thes days, but to the letter of the law it should be a foul.

slowpoke

One of those things that happen looking at the replay it looks perhaps McFadz could have lost his bearings in tussling for the ball, if you notice Maatsen moved off the post to his right a bit and the header went right where he would have been standing. The good thing if there can be one it didn’t affect us a bit which after Wednesday was a massive plus.

The Philosopher

BBC Sport review:

…”Mark Robins' rampant Sky Blues went in at half-time 1-0 down after Kyle McFadzean's own goal was allowed to stand despite appearing to be fouled by Aleksandar Mitrovic.”

I thought it was just a bit of Fadz doing a crazy at first but watching back he does have a case.

The BBC call it a foul FWIW

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think it could have been given either way but in real time I can understand why the ref did not give it.

However it would never have been an issue had mcfadzean defended on the other side of mitrovic and there had been someone on the post.

Brighton Sky Blue

One of those things that happen looking at the replay it looks perhaps McFadz could have lost his bearings in tussling for the ball, if you notice Maatsen moved off the post to his right a bit and the header went right where he would have been standing. The good thing if there can be one it didn’t affect us a bit which after Wednesday was a massive plus.

Well that’s it really, if Maatsen was assigned to the near post he should’ve stayed there.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It was a tussle but when all said and done, he was wrong side.......just poor defending......cracking header tho.

kg82

Well, i think it’s a foul albeit rarely given. If it had been a defender pushing a striker like that, I think it would have been more likely to have been given.
I was playing a couple weeks ago, defending a corner. I did exactly the same (height is not on my side). I think it happens at every level, and I’m not saying it’s the fairest, but I’ve seen way worse and more blatant than Mitrovic’s yesterday.

Legia Sky Blue

If McFadzean had gone down when Mitrovic pushed him the ref would undoubtedly have given a foul. When players are honest and try to stay on their feet when fouled refs rarely give fouls. Its a reason why forwards justify going down easily when they feel contact, or in Godden's case when they anticipate contact.

Frostie

I haven’t seen a replay of it but might dad assures me that the incident that led to Mitrovic losing his shit was never a foul…”he just ran into him. He didn’t block him”.
I don’t know if this helps?

Absolutely, JCS made no movement to block him, Mitrovic just ploughed straight into him when he stood his ground, ref called that spot on. Mitrovic should have been sent off for his pathetic tantrum. In fact Fulham really could have had 3 red cards, all for 2x bookings but the ref was incredibly lenient.

Liquid Gold

Foul or no foul I just don’t understand why he felt he needed to head it. Particularly wrap his head around it and go towards goal.

If it was such a foul he should have gone down in a lump and forced a decision.

skyblu3sk

Foul or no foul I just don’t understand why he felt he needed to head it. Particularly wrap his head around it and go towards goal.

If it was such a foul he should have gone down in a lump and forced a decision.
If you watch the replay he was so off balance I didn't think he had a choice.

slowpoke

I was exactly in line with the corner and it was a really good delivery at shoulder height with pace, McFadz possibly could have gone down but with Mitrovic breathing down his neck would have been risky to rely on the ref to give a foul. One of those football things.

The Philosopher

This is true. God knows what he doing on that side of him. Positional disaster
I might be talking rubbish but I’m sure Fadz was standing “wrong side” for a reason.

That “corridor of uncertainty” just in front of the keeper - where the keeper should come and catch and not be hindered by his own defence?

Possibly the tactic is to stand “wrong side” and let the keep catch at a certain point?

Im just guessing - laughing emojis welcome.

D

Deleted member 2477

Definately a foul he had both hands around his neck. some Fullham fans also calling Godden a cheat which is ironic given the blatant dive one of their players did to win a free kick in the first half

higgs

Wrong side of his man looked like he was attacking the ball rather than defending it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

South West Sky Blue

Definately a foul he had both hands around his neck. some Fullham fans also calling Godden a cheat which is ironic given the blatant dive one of their players did to win a free kick in the first half
I agree it was a foul, but as others have said - so are about 5 other challenges on every corner. Can’t complain much about it.
As for the penalty. I’d be very angry at that being given against us, but here’s a different view (through biased eyes!):

Godden knocks it past their man. Their man’s leg comes into kick the ball but misses. Godden takes evasive action. If he doesn’t jump out the way (aka dive) then he would have been kicked after the ball had gone anyway.
Therefore the award of the penalty is correct and this rationale has been upheld before.
Might be clutching at straws….

skybluegod

Absolutely, JCS made no movement to block him, Mitrovic just ploughed straight into him when he stood his ground, ref called that spot on. Mitrovic should have been sent off for his pathetic tantrum. In fact Fulham really could have had 3 red cards, all for 2x bookings but the ref was incredibly lenient.

If he had sent him off mitrovic he would have lost control. I thought it was the right decision to just let him get it out and calm down. Much prefer to see 11 men stay on the field.

To be fair I think the ref was pretty good in general especially at letting things flow. Obvious mistake in giving us the penalty. But all in all I quite liked him. Very good at waiting for the advantage to be played for both teams.

covcity4life

We got a pen for a dive. Not sure it's worth analysing a decision that didn't go our way and was debatable anyway

Users who are viewing this thread